indyclones raiders re - adaptation

indyclone25

second issue is going to be awhile --- many things have come up and hope to have time soon to draw a few pages before the holidays really set in

indyclone25

not my artwork ---------but a friend on myspace and many of you may know him as CINEGHOST did this for me --- i checked my messages yesterday and he did this for me, very awesome !
mj2bv9.jpg

from this pic
l_7493c292ea5fea3555631f5fcb537b83-.jpg

i can't wait to see what he does next

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Excellent Idea. I'm suprised that Dark Horse have not re-adapted ROTLA from the Marvel verisons as they did with original Star Wars trilogy.

indyclone25

it would be nice --- the only thing they are doing is putting the raiders movie adaptation in the new omnibus that is coming out next month

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
I remember buying the Marvel adaption, possible late 82, and being disappointed by what looked like a rushed job with the unsuited art team of John Buscema and Klaus Janson.

It was a shame because Al Williamson and Archie Goodwin raised the bar for Marvel with their Empire Stirkes Back and Blade Runner adaptations.

indyclone25

they did do an awesome job , then dark horse had al williamson ink the re adaptation of a new hope in 97 and it looked like crud --- it didnt have the same look as empire and return of the jedi ---what they needed was to have al do the pencils and the artist who did the book do the inks --it would have been much better

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
For me, Al Williamson is the quintessential artist for Star Wars comics but I can't think of an artist who does the same for Indy and their has been some notable artist have had a crack at it Byrne, Chakyin, Dan Barry, Gary Gianni and Steve Dikto.

YouNeverKnow

Indyclone these are fantastic! They remind me of the pencil drafts we got to see of issues of Tomb of the Gods, and I of course mean that as the highest compliment! Keep it up, dude! (y)

Also, my favorite sketch cards are Indy and Lao Che and the Chief Thuggee.

indyclone25

things have come up but hope to have more of the story sketched out soon ---i know i know --- but the real things in life keep intruding ---

indyclone25

i have stepped away from this for awhile .....

but i will be working on the rest soon and have more pencils up soon and have inks done to the pages shown before .:D sorry about the wait folks.