indyclones raiders re - adaptation

lao che & sons

SWEET! This is fantstic. So here's an idea for you. Look at some old 1940s and 1950s comic books and do comic covers based on those. Now that would be really cool, and a nice homage to those action heros of the 1940s and 50s that inspired Indy (busck rogers, zorro, etc.)

I can't wait fo rthe inked pages to come out. That should be cool. I can't wait:D

indyclone25

thanks , yeah when i did the early pencils i wanted to do the style of art that al williamson did on the empire strikes back and return of the jedi comics from marvel, even when dark horse did the re adaption to a new hope they screwed up a bit , but yeah doing the coovers based on the pulp comics will be a fun idea (y)

indyclone25

i have been working transferring the pencils sketches to normal comic pages , but i will have the inked pages up soon , i promise .:D

The Drifter

I was looking through this thread, and Indyclone; these are VERY good!
I was hoping to see your adaptation of Raiders to the end, but you stopped posting them!

Did you ever finish? I would love to see the rest...

indyclone25

just been a bit busy lately and finding time to finish up the pages and start new pages just isnt there. i hope to continue tho, thanks for looking :D

The Drifter

indyclone25 said:
just been a bit busy lately and finding time to finish up the pages and start new pages just isnt there. i hope to continue tho, thanks for looking :D

I'll be on the lookout for them. You have great talent and I enjoyed them alot. Would love to see all the films done like this one day.

indyclone25

wow two months has passed i had hoped on getting to more pages but time is whizzing by , after the new year i will have some more time to ink the pages and ad the word balloons .

indyclone25

keep watching for further post's folk's . things are busy here and i haven't been able to work on it like i wanted it to. but i will hopefully have some time in late august.

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
indyclone25 said:
keep watching for further post's folk's . things are busy here and i haven't been able to work on it like i wanted it to. but i will hopefully have some time in late august.

Just to say we're all missing those pages!! This a BIG job and if anyone on this board can do it, it's you. (I even tried a few years back - about 25 years back - and only got as far as the idol!) Look forward to those pages.

In the meantime, I was looking at the pages and thinking about how you could create a mood of menace when you do the inking. So, I thought of a black boarder and came up with this ink sketch, (with my Al Williamson spin:D) , from your original art.

scan0025.jpg

img781hj.jpg

Does it work for you?

indyclone25

i like it ! but i was also thinking of doing some of the fight scenes in the bar and the streets of cairo in more of a cartoony box i will post soon .

indyclone25

well folks i finally started inking the re-adaptation! as i get further along i will ad word balloons to the artwork after i color it with computer color .

indyclone25

i haven't forgot folks , just been busy with doing sketch cards for Cult-Stuff cards , but still working on inking the re-adaptation

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
indyclone25 said:
i haven't forgot folks , just been busy with doing sketch cards for Cult-Stuff cards , but still working on inking the re-adaptation

Great, looking forward to it.

A bit random but Indyclone25jr looks fantastic as Deckard...is he drifting away from Indy. You need to put a fatherly foot down!!! (At least he's not living with the Amish...yet!)

I haven't used his picture yet but I will get around to it!(y)

HenryJunior

I can't wait to see progress on this, looking really great guys. The mood of Raiders lends itself to the page very well.
:whip:

indyclone25

what'sup!! yes i'm back indy fans, its been a few years , busy with other art endeavors , but i have started drawing the first pages of Raiders on the official comic sized printed pages ..... i will try to post them if i can figure out hoe to apply them to this page again. my photobucket account is quite different , since i haven't been there in a longtime either... but like i said i will be posting artwork. i also saw that the indymag magazine for indiana jones fans is doing a raiders redo in comic form also. i like what i saw. ok for now its back to the drawing board (or desk, as it may be) i'm glad to be back on this website .....:whip: