It seems everyone having so much fun...

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
WrathofGod said:
Beautiful work JuniorJones, i like how you don't shade everything and let the pencil trail off:D

Thanks, I think it's great to see sketch works as it helps to understand the techniques involved.

Dewy9

I'm always blown away with the talent on this site. Marion was especially great looking and it seems that some artists have a hard time getting her right.

Indy~Annie

Dewy9 said:
I'm always blown away with the talent on this site. Marion was especially great looking and it seems that some artists have a hard time getting her right.

yeah I was thinking the same thing! Congrats JuniorJones You succeeded on what most even the greatest of artist couldnt capture!!! Very beautiful I can only hope some day I'll be able to draw like you!!!

Do you paint????

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Indy~Annie said:
yeah I was thinking the same thing! Congrats JuniorJones You succeeded on what most even the greatest of artist couldnt capture!!! Very beautiful I can only hope some day I'll be able to draw like you!!!

Do you paint????

Thanks for the comments. I'm very flattered by them.:D :D

I feel that you are as good an artist provided you are having fun with the work, learning new stuff and challenging yourself. I can see you are already doing this with your stuff.

In all honesty, there is no really magic or hocus pocus in becoming a good illustrator, it is simply down to practice, been able to take criticism and ultimately, having an honest view of the work.

Yes, I can paint but it?s not as half as fun as sitting in front of the TV, with a pad on your lap, relaxing and seeing what happens.

Indy~Annie

JuniorJones said:
Thanks for the comments. I'm very flattered by them.:D :D

I feel that you are as good an artist provided you are having fun with the work, learning new stuff and challenging yourself. I can see you are already doing this with your stuff.

In all honesty, there is no really magic or hocus pocus in becoming a good illustrator, it is simply down to practice, been able to take criticism and ultimately, having an honest view of the work.

Yes, I can paint but it?s not as half as fun as sitting in front of the TV, with a pad on your lap, relaxing and seeing what happens.

yes,I am challenging my self.....mostly with shadings.....cause I know you need to know how to shade if you want your drawings to get any where.lol

And I envy you on your shadings!!! Very spectacular!!!

YOU CAN!!! post your paint prints on here for us art loving fans on here to see!!! I cant paint so it thrills me to see people who can.lol

Oh thats my fav thing to do!!! I'll ask me sis to turn on one of her movies so I can listen and draw at the same time.:D love it!

oh and thanks for the comment on me chibi Indy! Have you tried drawing Manga,Anime an Chibi's? Its sooooo much fun! when you dont feel like drawing but you want to (if you know what im talking about) I love to draw Chibis. ^-^

and how old are you???? Im guessing by your work......20??? 25???? 30???

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Indy~Annie said:
yes,I am challenging my self.....mostly with shadings.....cause I know you need to know how to shade if you want your drawings to get any where.lol

And I envy you on your shadings!!! Very spectacular!!!

YOU CAN!!! post your paint prints on here for us art loving fans on here to see!!! I cant paint so it thrills me to see people who can.lol

Oh thats my fav thing to do!!! I'll ask me sis to turn on one of her movies so I can listen and draw at the same time.:D love it!

oh and thanks for the comment on me chibi Indy! Have you tried drawing Manga,Anime an Chibi's? Its sooooo much fun! when you dont feel like drawing but you want to (if you know what im talking about) I love to draw Chibis. ^-^

and how old are you???? Im guessing by your work......20??? 25???? 30???

I?m really pleased that you are taking something from the art and I would advise you look as many different artist as possible, try to understand their techniques and adapt them into your style.

I've been influenced by a whole host of artist ranging from Titian to Andrew Wyeth, Norman Rockwell to Bob Peak, Degas to Chuck Close, Alex Raymond to Neal Adams. I could go on all day?:D

Below is an unfinished illustration I did of Harrison Ford, unfortunately I sat on it and had to start again but it's a good example of layering shade. The image is A5 and was done with a Roting Isograph 0.1

I would prefer all the art I post be appropriate to the site but if I do something Indy related in paint then I will post it.

I?m more that happy to try Indy in manga but I will only do it if you agree to ink and colour it!(y)

My age? Lets put it this way, I?m old enough to have seen Raiders of the Lost Ark on it?s original release but still younger than Harrison Ford when he first played the role!!:whip:

Harrison.jpg

Indy~Annie

JuniorJones said:
I?m really pleased that you are taking something from the art and I would advise you look as many different artist as possible, try to understand their techniques and adapt them into your style.

I've been influenced by a whole host of artist ranging from Titian to Andrew Wyeth, Norman Rockwell to Bob Peak, Degas to Chuck Close, Alex Raymond to Neal Adams. I could go on all day?:D

Below is an unfinished illustration I did of Harrison Ford, unfortunately I sat on it and had to start again but it's a good example of layering shade. The image is A5 and was done with a Roting Isograph 0.1

I would prefer all the art I post be appropriate to the site but if I do something Indy related in paint then I will post it.

I?m more that happy to try Indy in manga but I will only do it if you agree to ink and colour it!(y)

My age? Lets put it this way, I?m old enough to have seen Raiders of the Lost Ark on it?s original release but still younger than Harrison Ford when he first played the role!!:whip:

Harrison.jpg

I dont really look at real artists work....I like to look at People like you and me.... You get more of a free,So much want into there work,so much feeling.......gah sorry.....I'm boring you.lol But I really cant explain what I mean.......oh But I'm related to Fred Thrasher.....ever heard of him? :)

Great Drawing by the way!!! The shadings blew my mind.....again.)

oh......ok....well If you ever decide to put your other art on pleaaase let me know!!!! :D

hmmmmmm old enough to see rotla in theaters but younger then Harrison when he played in it.XD

oooo yikes Ink and color it.lol Im the worst coloring person eeevvvveeerrr!!!.XD thats why all my drawings are just pencil.......

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Indy~Annie said:
I dont really look at real artists work....I like to look at People like you and me.... You get more of a free,So much want into there work,so much feeling.......gah sorry.....I'm boring you.lol But I really cant explain what I mean.......oh But I'm related to Fred Thrasher.....ever heard of him? :)

Great Drawing by the way!!! The shadings blew my mind.....again.)

oh......ok....well If you ever decide to put your other art on pleaaase let me know!!!! :D

hmmmmmm old enough to see rotla in theaters but younger then Harrison when he played in it.XD

oooo yikes Ink and color it.lol Im the worst coloring person eeevvvveeerrr!!!.XD thats why all my drawings are just pencil.......

Have a look a copic markers for colouring. You can get some great effect with them.

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Comic Book script request

As a bit of fun I'm thinking about doing some short Indiana Jones comic strips.

Anyone got any 3-5 page self contained stories but written in full script.

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Sketch Card - for fun.

Sketch Card - Never tried one. Actual size 12cm x 6.5cm

indiana.jpg

Also, Dr Gonzo, I've not forgotten about the comic!

indyclone25

love it, love it ,love it!!!! i love that skecth card , the shading is great and the look of the card is awesome !(y)

Robyn

JuniorJones and Stoo, BEAUTIFUL work!!! I love it! The shading is amazing!(y) :hat:

If you're taking requests, I'd love to see a sketch with Indy and Marion together;)

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Robyn said:
JuniorJones and Stoo, BEAUTIFUL work!!! I love it! The shading is amazing!(y) :hat:

If you're taking requests, I'd love to see a sketch with Indy and Marion together;)

I know that I've got to keep going with the comic for Dr Gonzo but...temptation...is...so...great...can't...resist...

Stoo

JuniorJones said:
Also, Dr Gonzo, I've not forgotten about the comic!
And I haven't forgotten about the animation...;) The card looks SUPERB, Junior! Great shades and you've really captured the facial features perfectly. You're a master.:hat:
Robyn said:
Bet that doesn't surprise anyone!;) Thanks for the compliment, Robyn. It's been awhile since I've done portraits so Junior is much better than I am. One thing I want to do is draw some pictures of characters from the novels, particularily Jack Shannon.

If I did ever do a pic of Indy & Marion it would depict them a couple of years after the wedding. Marion would be cooking bacon & eggs and Indy would be nearby reading the newspaper with his slippers on. Of course, it would done in a Norman-Rockwell-Saturday-Evening-Post-style.:p

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Stoo said:
And I haven't forgotten about the animation...;) The card looks SUPERB, Junior! Great shades and you've really captured the facial features perfectly. You're a master.:hat:

Yeah, the animation, they were the days!

I think the card is a bit off, I'm not sure why, maybe the eyes but thankyou.

stoo said:
If I did ever do a pic of Indy & Marion it would depict them a couple of years after the wedding. Marion would be cooking bacon & eggs and Indy would be nearby reading the newspaper with his slippers on. Of course, it would done in a Norman-Rockwell-Saturday-Evening-Post-style.:p

I love Norman Rockwell, this is something I would like to see.:D