indiana jones animated fanfilm why not??

Chicago Jones

Why hasn't anybody made an Indy animated fanfilm?!!!! Hell I would if I could..If it was done well enough I bet Lucas would hear of it and start thinking..cause he gives awards for star wars fanfilms.

DoomTown

Chicago Jones said:
Why hasn't anybody made an Indy animated fanfilm?!!!! Hell I would if I could..If it was done well enough I bet Lucas would hear of it and start thinking..cause he gives awards for star wars fanfilms.

Do you listen to the Indy-Cast? I sent Rob of the opinion Poll an e-mail this week regarding this subject, with an idea on what the Animated Indy series should be about(not just a fanfilm)...He should be reading it on episode 57. :D

EddyW

The reason why is quite simple, if you can finish 1 second of good animation a day you're a dang good animator. An animated fan film would take years to make by one person and it would be almost impossible to get a group of people together who will commit to such a thing and work within the same style etc...

holdeen

im a digital artist and i'd be happy to work on a fan animation. too bad i dont have too much sparetime. maybe if i found some people to work with.. who knows?

Indy's brother

holdeen said:
im a digital artist and i'd be happy to work on a fan animation. too bad i dont have too much sparetime. maybe if i found some people to work with.. who knows?

Well, I've got an Indy screenplay that has been slow-going of late, due to a lack of motivation (lucas wouldn't be interested unless it's spawned from his own ideas). But there's a lot of potential. Do you have any work that we could view? I "may know much if....properly motivated"! I'd be willing to hammer it out completely with a collaborator for something like this...

Dewy9

Indy's brother said:
You could go with this style. Metal Gear Solid: The Digital Graphic Novel for psp. This would cut down on animating, One artist could do the whole thing, and proves that it could still be done in a cool way.

They did something like this for the Battlefront PSP exclusive, except it had voice acting. I thought it was really cool and worked well.

Stoo

holdeen said:
If the story was good enough (and short enough - 5 minutes or less), I'd contribute to the effort.

Crack that whip

I've been thinking about doing my own fan-film for a while now, though truth be told, I almost certainly lack sufficient motivation to ever actually do it. But you never know...

holdeen

Indy's brother: Sure thing. here's my webpage: www.menyhei.com
I've been working as a background painter for traditional animations
during the last couple of years.
Perhaps we could do a short animation to start with, and let's see how it turns out.

vf wing

I only wish I had the time to commit to such a project. I've been doing a lot of short clips on my own with the figures. I do have an animated project on the burner. But I have a number of projects fighting for my time, so it's anyone's guess as to when it might be completed.

The "longer" animation will probably max out at two minutes, and it will cross over with the Indyverse, but it won't be Indy-centric. In fact, he may only make a cameo appearance.

But, in general, I really support the idea! With no new official filmed projects looming on the horizon, it's really up to the fans to take the reins.

IndyFan89

Hey guys, My names James, I'm a amateur film maker, I'll help in any way you need me.

I have a library of over 3000 sound effects some of which are from the Lucasfilm library. I use Adobe premiere, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, FX Lab and Composite Lab, so any help you need let me know.

Here's my website: www.wsnproductions.com

I would love to edit or even help out with directing. I also have a Diploma in feature film producing but who cares. :rolleyes:

Let me know, I'm dying to make a Indy fan film, as long as the script is right.

We could do a test film like you said, 5 min. or so, maybe even with parts of your script like they do in the big leagues for pitching some movies.

Morning Bell

I think this sounds like a cool idea. I'm a writer and wouldn't mind contributing or helping with a script and overall plot details.:hat:

holdeen

Okay guys, here's the thing:

there are some folks who'd like to work on the storyline. Actually I got one script already, which could possibly turn into a short animation (Eric, gonna comment on your message later.)

There are some artists, but we need much more of them to let this thing happen.

-I'd take care of designing and painting the backgrounds. Also, I could work on the storyboard and also some animation.

-We may need more people to work on the storyboard. Also, I'd welcome someone to take care of character design. Actually I wrote a mail to Patrick Schoenmaker, cause I really dig his stuff but no response yet.

-Several animators needed. I'm thinking about classic 2d animation, however,
we could use some 3d for moving objects etc. (Combining these two techniques won't mean that you'll see a Clone Wars type of stuff. Think of Disney's Atlantis instead)

-We need someone to edit the stuff, IndyFan89, would be nice if you could help. I'm also interested in your sound library.

-Musicians are also welcome. I know someone who could compose some original score, and maybe we can use Williams' music - hopefully they wont sue us.

-Also I'd like to see someone who could take care of directing and organizing.
I'd certainly like to work on the project, but I dont want to direct it myself.
Also, we need a server to exchange stuffs, or some private and secure webite to discuss what to do.

I think the script and the storyboard could be done this spring. Then we have to record the voices before starting animate things. In the meantime I can start painting the backgrounds etc. The animation process could be done in the summer, and maybe editing, soundeffects and adding music could be done
by the end of the summer. Which means that we could have our own Indy fan animation by the fall.

Anyways, the reason why i tried to explain all these things briefly, is that there are several people is still needed. Someone should take over organizing the work of these individuals, and we could start right away!

okay, let me know what you think.

Indy's brother

Yeah, someone needs to steer this ship if this is gonna happen. Also, once enough people get on board, we'll have to all come to some sort of mutual agreement on plot, length, and style. A common vision, you know?

col.dietrich

great! i wil post a sample of an indiana jones animation. do you think we could actually use models insted of cartoons? i have done cartoon animation but i work better with models.

Stoo

col.dietrich said:
do you think we could actually use models insted of cartoons? i have done cartoon animation but i work better with models.
I would say, "yes" but only for vehicles, buildings and certain objects that are rendered in whatever cartoony design is eventually chosen. (A mix of styles might be too jarring.)

Hats off to Holdeen!:hat: His stuff is top-notch! If the story has one, I'd be willing to tackle any required red-line/map sequence.