indiana jones animated fanfilm why not??

Stoo

Ska said:
Woah! How did I miss this thread until today?

I'd love to help with the project in any way I can. I feel fairly confident in my artistic skills to add my input.

I really like the idea of a "commercial" style short. That would be a great way to show Indy in a variety of situations/locations with different relics and artifacts.

As for the character design (I like them all, btw, Stoo), my pick is for B. I really like that one.
Yeah, baby! The Ska-man is in the house!:cool:(y) (I noticed your SKABatula handle has been put to rest.:p)
You work with AutoCAD.(y) You're an architect. Take a wild guess as to what that puts you in charge of?:whip:

Looks like it's neck'n'neck for B & C...

P.S. Doing a short, title sequence also eliminates the need for voices/dialogue. (Though we will probably need a few "Ooomph"s, "Unghh"s and "AAAAAH!"s here & there!;))

Last edited:

Ska

I'm glad to be a part of this project! It sounds like a lot of fun.

Stoo said:
Yeah, baby! The Ska-man is in the house!:cool:(y) (I noticed your SKABatula handle has been put to rest.:p)

Yeah. Everyone (on every messageboard I post on) called me ska anyways...

You work with AutoCAD.(y) You're an architect. Take a wild guess as to what that puts you in charge of?:whip:

Buildings are my specialty. It's all about location, location, location...

(Though we will probably need a few "Ooomph"s, "Unghh"s and "AAAAAH!"s here & there!;))

I'll try to talk to my wife about allowing me to (audio) record our next loving making session...:p

Stoo, those drawings are awesome!! If you could use the eyes from A and the frame from B, I think you'll have a sick drawing!!!:gun:

-Indyfan

muttjones

so what do we need first? we need to make a decision on how this is set out. Does it start off with one fight scene and keep cutting back to it while showing snippets of other fights in other locations (my vote is for this) or is snippets of different scenes all mashed together? other ideas?

once we decide on how this trailer is set out then we can move forward.

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Stoo said:
Not sure I really understand the last bit of your sentence, Junior, but you will probably be doing the brunt of the animation so your opnion on style is a big factor on the final decision.

I suppose it would have been better phrased as "I'd vote for A, but I would do" in the expectation of people understanding my love for filmation and that of 80s Saturday Morning Cartoon.

In future I must...make..sentences...make...sense..or...HULK SMASH!!:D

Hey Stoo, I'm not sure if you had read my previous post but I think you should totally use the frame from B and the eyes from A. I hope you don't mind, but I combined the two. I want everyone on the board to know that this is still Stoo's work and I do not claim it to be my own.

-IndyFan

Ska

Indyfan4ever said:
Hey Stoo, I'm not sure if you had read my previous post but I think you should totally use the frame from B and the eyes from A. I hope you don't mind, but I combined the two. I want everyone on the board to know that this is still Stoo's work and I do not claim it to be my own.

-IndyFan

Oh I like that!

Indy's brother

Stoo said:
I really think we should just make a title sequence lasting about 1 to 1.5 minutes. A mish-mash of shots from "upcoming epsiodes" and footage "exclusive to the opening". Indy's brother said it best with the "Scooby-Doo" reference but how 'bout something as cool as this: Jonny Quest (Indy doesn't necessarily have to be in EVERY shot.)

Nice idea with the bottle, Indy's Bro. Good gag!:D I'll try and "whip up" some storyboards for it.

Thanks, Stoo! Great idea for tone with that link. I'd like to steer away from the "character intro" at the end, though. Just keep it frantic to the end! Also, if you want that bit with the bottle, cool! Just a suggestion on it that I didn't think of at the time I wrote that post. Each attack should be different. My order was duck the punch, dive away from bullets, pov villian punch. No need to do the punch twice. The first time should be ducking a knife or something.

Bah!, I just read what I wrote, and think it could work either way. One way, he gets his punch in the face after avoiding it (regardless of his efforts), which adds to the gag. The other way is for more of a serious action tone. Whatever. Also, just to clarify when I said TOD style punch in that other post I meant the POV one in Club Obi Wan.

If this is the direction we're headed, I'll get the creative gears grinding and see what else I can come up with.

Ska

I'm going to be working on some ideas to pitch (using ideas mentioned in this thread). I'll upload some ideas either this afternoon or tomorrow afternoon.

The faster we get some rough ideas down and agreed upon, the faster we can get started.

Stoo

Indyfan4ever said:
Hey Stoo, I'm not sure if you had read my previous post but I think you should totally use the frame from B and the eyes from A. I hope you don't mind, but I combined the two.
Cracking toast, Gromit! Looks like we have a winner!?(y) Let's see what Junior has to say. Nice job on the fusion. I've started a colour version with a mock-up title card. (WE NEED A TITLE! There were some ideas in one of the "animation wish-threads".)

Ska said:
I'll try to talk to my wife about allowing me to (audio) record our next loving making session...
Ha! You're cracking me up, Ska!:D Looking forward to your stuff.

muttjones said:
so what do we need first? we need to make a decision on how this is set out. Does it start off with one fight scene and keep cutting back to it while showing snippets of other fights in other locations (my vote is for this) or is snippets of different scenes all mashed together? other ideas?
I think the main things to figure out should be the opening and closing. Everything else inbetween we can move around wherever fits best so we don't really have to worry about a precise order right now. (Like Lucas making "American Graffiti, we can put it together "later".) The flipping pages of a diary could be interesting but probably too complicated for a 1st effort (and not very original). I have an idea for the end that incorporates your boulder suggestion with the title card. I'll do some storyboards.

The beginning should be super-slick. Maybe start with the red line & map? I really love in "Raiders" how the camera zooms in on the red dot when the line reaches Cairo! That might be a cool way to go.

HOLDEEN, are you out there?:confused:

Ska

I had an idea about the Paramount (Playmount) mountain logo at the beginning of the commercial. Then the text and stars from the logo vanish, as we see a plane coming around the mountain. As it gets closer we see it's on fire/smoking. It flies right into the "screen", and we transition into the first clip or title.

It'd be cool to use the red line map between each set of clips (and have the clips following from that area).

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Originally Posted by Indyfan4ever
Hey Stoo, I'm not sure if you had read my previous post but I think you should totally use the frame from B and the eyes from A. I hope you don't mind, but I combined the two.

Cracking toast, Gromit! Looks like we have a winner!? Let's see what Junior has to say. Nice job on the fusion. I've started a colour version with a mock-up title card. (WE NEED A TITLE! There were some ideas in one of the "animation wish-threads".)

I'm cool with that. Just on a technical side, in terms of making the physical animation, what?s the animation preference - (Flash, Toon Boom, Paper?)

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Stoo, I?ve a done a quick sketch adapting your design to what I think may work for the animation. What do you think?:)

indiskjpg.jpg

Indy's brother

Ska said:
It'd be cool to use the red line map between each set of clips (and have the clips following from that area).

I had a similar thought .Each clip would be a different locale, so why not have the map thrown in just like you said. My idea was to do this, but have the red lines on the map form something of a circle, or any shape really, so that at the end you could show a big pic of Indy's face in the middle of it, along with the title of the show. That would close the montage/commercial.