Wanted - Artists and Writers for Indi Fan Comic Collective

Dr. Gonzo

Those are some great sketches.

BRAUNER- I Think he's spot on. Great stuff, he's got this kind of "this isn't his first rodeo" type of look to me. fantastic.

MAC- It's no joke when I tell you I was envisioning Mac without his moustache. I think it's a brilliant move. A Razor is the last thing on Jones' mind and Mac being a retired British officer always wants to look proper and never forgets it. Brilliant.

JONES- The Mystery of the blues episode is what got me thinking about this whole story. The snow... Jones' age... I just like the idea of exploring post war, yet before the fifties Jones. He's now a veteran of two World Wars. A very interesting time. These sketches are in line with what I imagined. The only comment I have is shortining the beard length a bit. Something along the lines of more stuble than he has ever had in any of the films but less than mystery of the blues... like the line is blurry between whether it's a beard or its still considered stuble. I know that is probably a hard thing to realize on paper. It's just a suggestion. He looks great though. I love the expression on the "Go Mac Go" face.

It's always pleasing to see words come to life. It is gratifying in a way I can't describe. Even though your doing the majority of the work, I am happy to be a part of this venture. I wish that we could get paid to do this comic. It's a blast seeing this come together. Well done JuniorJones.(y)

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Those are some great sketches.

Thanks, not the best but good for fleshing out idea's.

BRAUNER- I Think he's spot on. Great stuff, he's got this kind of "this isn't his first rodeo" type of look to me. fantastic.

I was look for a kind of lost dead look - as if he was looking for something to awaken him again. (no, really)

JONES- The Mystery of the blues episode is what got me thinking about this whole story. The snow... Jones' age... I just like the idea of exploring post war, yet before the fifties Jones. He's now a veteran of two World Wars. A very interesting time. These sketches are in line with what I imagined. The only comment I have is shortining the beard length a bit. Something along the lines of more stuble than he has ever had in any of the films but less than mystery of the blues... like the line is blurry between whether it's a beard or its still considered stuble. I know that is probably a hard thing to realize on paper. It's just a suggestion. He looks great though. I love the expression on the "Go Mac Go" face.

No, your right. It might be difficult to get a good medium for a beard as Harrison Ford usually looks quite stringy when he has more than stubble.

It's always pleasing to see words come to life. It is gratifying in a way I can't describe. Even though your doing the majority of the work, I am happy to be a part of this venture. I wish that we could get paid to do this comic. It's a blast seeing this come together. Well done JuniorJones.

Let me flesh out the pages and we'll see which way we go from there. Money is always nice but I'm not in it for the money, just the pleasure of creating stuff without any pressure.

Col. Detritch

Love the Idea. Sign me up! I can't do realistic panels (I'm a cartoonist!) but I'd love to do part of the script work! Dr. Gonzo, great job, great idea! I also like the idea of making it a series of comic, to give us more room to elaborate(y)

I was thinking that Brauner could be part of the post war Nazi organisation ODESSA (Organisation der ehemaligen SS-Angehörigen- Organization of Former SS Members) whose head quarters was in Bolivia! They could be searching the earth looking for the Excalibur. The power involves the beholder using the sword to conquer the earth and control it, in a manner as Arthur did with the Britain?s! The Nazi's want to use Excalibur to conquer the earth and create a Fourth Reich (No kidding- they tried). Brauner heads the mission as a respected member of ODESSA, but secretly contemplates seizing control of this Fourth Reich as the new Führer! So they ?employ? the help of legendary archaeologist Indiana Jones by kidnapping him in South Atlantic and forcing him to help them on their quest.

In Arthurian Legend, Arthurs scabbard is stolen by Morgan le Fay and thrown into a lake, never to be found again. The scabbard offered Arthur immortality it would seem, so after losing it he is inured in battle and eventually dies. Sir Bedivere is ordered to cast the sword back into the lake it came from before he dies.
I was thinking, in the end we could twist the legend and say that without the scabbards magical protection Excalibur is too powerful to hold and can kill a mortal man just by holding it too long. Brauner could be picking up the sword when Indy warns him about this, Brauner, too ignorant and power crazed ignores Indy and picks it up. He then raises it in triumph around standing above his fellow Nazi's. He is then jolted by a blast of energy and begins to deteriorate and dies a gruesome death! (Which would be worked out later on)

What do ya think?:hat:

Dr. Gonzo

JJ: "Money is always nice but I'm not in it for the money, just the pleasure of creating stuff without any pressure."

Agreed. Money is just extra icing on the cake. I have always said that even if I wasn't getting paid to write and make films, I'd still be doing it! I love it! ...just don't tell my employers that.

Love to work with people who are passionate about their craft.

JJ: ON BRAUNER "...a kind of lost dead look - as if he was looking for something to awaken him again. (no, really)"

That's funny because the story actually kind of goes there. Your sketch does have a look of world weariness to it. Here's a little heads up on the story.

Jones and Mac are questioned about their presence on this island. It is revealed that they're actually following up on their missing friend (and Jones' one time french lover) Elaine Beaudette, whom was kindnapped by the Neo Nazi's to translate some writings for them involving the resurrection of the dead, the rapture and the apocalypse etc. Elaine is being held captive by them. She explains this to Jones as they are held in a cell together. Eventually she is taken with them and they head to Jerusalem while Jones and Mac make an action packed escape from the island.

Brauner is eventually going to try and resurrect some one from the dead with this power later on.
Details later...

So just letting you know JuniorJones, we're adding a French female to the mix.

Col. Detritch: That's a great concept. I like the idea of the scabbard being needed to wield this power of the sword and that it can't be used for very long, but I already have a MacGuffin and a story line planned and about eight pages already out. Maybe we can incorporate the Organisation der ehemaligen SS-Angehörigen aspect into this story though.

Any way, this project is turning out to be a lot of fun.

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Col.detrich - any involvement with the script for this strip will be up to dr gonzo. I'm just doing the art duties so that more people can see what can be achieved and want to take part.

I am always looking for artists for this project as I feel we can all learn something from this process.

I've seen your artwork and it looks like it may be suited to cartoon parody like a li'indy. Post some of your designs of indy, Marion, sallah and I will show you what I mean.

Col. Detritch

Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo
Col. Detritch: That's a great concept. I like the idea of the scabbard being needed to wield this power of the sword and that it can't be used for very long, but I already have a MacGuffin and a story line planned and about eight pages already out. Maybe we can incorporate the Organisation der ehemaligen SS-Angehörigen aspect into this story though.

That's cool! And I'm glad the ODESSA organisation idea came in handy!:cool:
The story sounds great so far.

Originally Posted by JuniorJones
Col.detrich - any involvement with the script for this strip will be up to dr gonzo. I'm just doing the art duties so that more people can see what can be achieved and want to take part.

I am always looking for artists for this project as I feel we can all learn something from this process.

I've seen your artwork and it looks like it may be suited to cartoon parody like a li'indy. Post some of your designs of indy, Marion, sallah and I will show you what I mean.

Thats ok!;)

JJ, i'm not too sure I posted any of my cartoons on the Raven before. I might have but don't remember- where did you see them?

Even if they aren't mine I'd be happy to post some of my pictures!:hat:

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Col.detrich - Sorry, i've made that assumption based stuff you've posted on the boards and your YouTube channel (well, I hope it's you!) but I would be great if you could post some more stuff.

Montana Smith

This story idea is sounding good - Nazis in the South Atlantic is moving into the territory of the myth that Hitler was setting up a fortress in the Antarctic (supplied by Doenitz's U-Boat fleet).

Donald McKale in his book 'The Hitler Survival Myth', 1981, identified the earliest source of the myth of Hitler's escape as the unexpected surrender of a German U-Boat in early July 1945 at Mar del Plata, Argentina. Several Buenos Aires newspapers, in defiance of Argentine Navy statements, said that rubber boats had been seen landing from it, and other submarines spotted in the area. One paper, Critica, carried on 17 July 1945 the report that Hitler and Eva Braun had landed from U-530 in Antarctica (Neu Schwabia/Queen Maud Land, which the Germans claimed in 1938). Even the New York Times and Chicago Times reported the article.

As time went on the myth got wilder, and also encompassed the hollow earth, Admiral Byrd's Operation Highjump (1946-1947), and even German-made UFOs.

Admiral Byrd took fleets to the Antarctic in 1946-1947 and 1956, on expeditions massively supported by the US Navy. According to the official maps of his many flights, Byrd's expeditions left Queen Maud Land unvisited - implying that they kept clear of the Nazis! Byrd lost four aircraft, attributed by conspiracy theorists to attacks by the Germans.

You have to bear in mind, though, that the conspiracy was elaborated by neo-Nazis writing about UFOs in the 1970s - at least one writer was using stories about Nazi UFOs in the Antarctic to get airtime on television in order to plug his revisionist point of view.

Dr. Gonzo

Montana Smith: Even though this is a fan project, I still do a little bit of research...
;)

JJ: I will await your next drawings for further disscusion.

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Dr. Gonzo said:
Montana Smith: Even though this is a fan project, I still do a little bit of research...
;)

JJ: I will await your next drawings for further disscusion.

In all the excitement I forgot we were heading towards the Christmas period but I am on the case!

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Dr. Gonzo said:
So how's it coming along there JuniorJones?

Well, I like to apologise for my tardiness in not getting stuff out quick, this was due to life and a big ball of string.

Please accept my apology with this draft version (a4 sheet with bic matic 0.7mm, for those who are interested) of a potential cover with Indy (slightly older), Brauner, I assume you have a love interest. I will add Mac in an adventure pose.

All I need from you is a relic,an action sequence to go at the sides and a title Indiana Jones and the ....

india3.jpg

Dr. Gonzo

Hey Junior Jones I just saw this...

Wow!!!! In-fu*king-credible!!!! You sir are a great artist. As far as your questions about the title, action sequence and relic... I have the latter two but as I know you have been, I myself have been busy as of late. I'll get you the principles soon. And by the way there's no need to be so hard on yourself as far as our progress.... I know I was pressing some times for a response, but that's because the idea really excited me. I forgot to remember that this is just for fun. I get way too involved in projects sometimes...
But I love artists with quallity control! And you sir have quallity under your thumb!
Give me a couple days and I'll get back to you.

Once again your stuff is superb!

P.S. Who were your models for the other main figures?

Last edited:

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Dr. Gonzo said:
Hey Junior Jones I just saw this...

Wow!!!! In-fu*king-credible!!!! You sir are a great artist. As far as your questions about the title, action sequence and relic... I have the latter two but as I know you have been, I myself have been busy as of late. I'll get you the principles soon. And by the way there's no need to be so hard on yourself as far as our progress.... I know I was pressing some times for a response, but that's because the idea really excited me. I forgot to remember that this is just for fun. I get way too involved in projects sometimes...
But I love artists with quallity control! And you sir have quallity under your thumb!
Give me a couple days and I'll get back to you.

Once again your stuff is superb!

P.S. Who were your models for the other main figures?

Loosely, Colin Firth and a younger Catherine Zeta Jones.

Montana Smith

Wow! JuniorJones, there isn't much I can add to Dr. Gonzo's comments. Your work is incredible!

Brauner's long hair, beard and collar tab suggest he was once a member of a Wehrmacht Gebirgsjager (Mountain Hunter) Division. That would make him a more complex villain than the traditional stereotype.

The lady is reminding me of somebody, and from the mouth I'm seeing Nicole Kidman.

Terrific work. Wish I had some artistic talent! :hat:

EDIT: You posted while I was typing. Now I can see Catherine Zeta Jones, circa Darling Buds of May!

lao che & sons

Hey guys, i know I'm coming into this late, but I'd be willing to help with writing, character design, or any aspect of this project that needs a part to be filled.

I just got my scanner working an hour ago Junior Jones, so I can post my art in the fanwork section!

Anyways, Junior Jones, it seems like you're running this ship, so tell what you need and you've got it.

here's my idea for you also:

Chapter II

BRAUNER:
A fourth reich: the Odessa, Dr. Jones, will rise to acomplish what the nazi's failed to do: control mankind. But you see, Dr. Jones, there is one thing that continues to stand in our way time and time again. You. (to soldiers) kill them.

Brauner turns around and walks into a cavern in the cave.

INDIANA
Is this how you treat your guests?

6 soldiers walk up to jones and mac, two hold mac, four hold jones. They drag the two to a close by cliff in the cave. Mac is first. Sweat drips off mac's face as he looks death straight in the eyes.

MAC
I guess this is it, Jonesy.

INDIANA
Not quite!

He kicks a worden support beam with all his strength causing it to colapse over. the germans holding him retreat from being hit by the beam, jones dives out of the way, now free. In the confusion Mac was able to escape his holding.

The germans circle the two. Jones pulls his hand next to his whip. The germans load. Mac looks at Indy. Indy pulls his whip out and cracks it at a steel support beam. He swings into the germans giving him an opening to run.

INDIANA
C'mon Mac!

Suddenly the rock begins to break. Cracking and crack towards and past Indy.
It continues until and entire part of the cliff falls into the abyss that is nothing.

The soldiers fly down with the dismantled rock, but Indy hangs onto his whip for dear life as it is attached to a support beam on the solid land. Mac is hanging onto Indy. The two climb up only to be greeted by Brauner.

INDIANA
Great.

The steel support beam falls causing another crack to begin.

INDIANA
RUN!!!!!!!

They begin chasing away from the breakage towards the caverns. Brauner follows. The chase continues unti they make it to the outside of the cavern with brauner.

Indy and mac continue running, but Brauner is focused on one thing... killing Dr. Henry Jones Jr. He pulls out his luger and opens fire.

INDIANA
Jock!!

MAC
JOCK!!!!!! START THE ENGINES!

EXT. JOCK'S PLANE - DAY

Jock Lindsey is making repairs on his vega airplane resting on the frozen atlantic.

JOCK
Jones? Mac?

INDIANA
JOCK!

Jock gets inside the plane and starts up the engines.

Brauner sends out 20 german motorcycles with one order: Kill Jones!

Continues in chapter III

In chapter III
Indy and Mac are cutting it close this time. The chase goes on until the two reach jock's plane. They hop in at the last second and take off.

on chapter III;)

Last edited:

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
lao che & sons said:
Hey guys, i know I'm coming into this late, but I'd be willing to help with writing, character design, or any aspect of this project that needs a part to be filled.

I just got my scanner working an hour ago Junior Jones, so I can post my art in the fanwork section!

Anyways, Junior Jones, it seems like you're running this ship, so tell what you need and you've got it.

It's all in the first post of this thread. It seemed although people were interested they were necessarily ready to commit.

As nobody was coming forward I decided to get the ball rolling with Dr Gonzo. It's been a bit slower than I anticipated but want to get things moving and hope people will join in.

This project is designed to be a learning experiance where posters can help each other improve their work by reaming arts with writers and I'd be the middle man.

Thanks for the script idea but I'll let Dr Gonzo continue his script but I don't think he'd mind any suggestions

Look at doing loose breakdowns of the panels from the comic script by Dr Gonzo and I'd look to working them into the finished art.

Last edited:

Le Saboteur

JuniorJones said:
It's all in the first post of this thread. It seemed although people were interested they were necessarily ready to commit.

For those of you that are still interested, Dark Horse has a very handy script format guide. It's in .pdf format, so it'll take a couple extra seconds to load and save.

I think I'll take a couple of samples over to Wonder Con and attend the Collaborationist Forum, or whatever the hell it's called. Maybe I'll be able to get one of my larger projects developed.

JJ - I may have something in the near future. I've got a couple of other things that need to be sorted, and then I'll let you know.