Indiana Jones and the Smoking Mirror

tocksic

Here it is! The last Teaser of the cover for now. Again I hope you like it as much as I do! :cool: Now the cover is going to be colorized and layouted with typo.

So cool. Gah, this is so incredibly gorgeous-- it makes it all the more a shame that the novel will be in German. Someone MUST translate it.

tocksic

ResidentAlien said:
So cool. Gah, this is so incredibly gorgeous-- it makes it all the more a shame that the novel will be in German. Someone MUST translate it.

Well, then here's hoping the German Indy fandom will like the story. :whip: Otherwise a translation would be gratuitous. :p

Ska

We'll all be in for a treat if the novel is a fraction of what the art is...that is if it gets translated to English.

Really impressive drawing!! Many compliments to the artist, really!! (y)

Well, may I ask you what's the current status of the writing?

tocksic

The Stranger said:
Well, may I ask you what's the current status of the writing?

In december I finished the primary writing which I started in february 09. At the moment it is revised by my helping hand Jens. Some may know him from over at the COW. We are confident that he'll be finished this month. After that another helper called Norman (an author himself) will have his look over the novel and provide me with his feedback. And THEN I hope I have it finalized. (y)

Jens

tocksic said:
In december I finished the primary writing which I started in february 09. At the moment it is revised by my helping hand Jens. Some may know him from over at the COW. We are confident that he'll be finished this month. After that another helper called Norman (an author himself) will have his look over the novel and provide me with his feedback. And THEN I hope I have it finalized. (y)

He WILL finish the 4rd draft this month! Even if he spends his day on an excavation site in Jordan!

Trust me! ;)

reverendB

Wow, the little teaser you gave us already has me more interested than the entire ARMY OF THE DEAD novel!! Beautiful cover art, and a very intriguing story line. I wish you luck with this project. I just wish I didn't have to learn German now...

tocksic

Weeehoooo! The first print! Now it goes off to Norman for further revision. Completion is nigh! Stay tuned! :whip:

firstprint.jpg

tocksic

I recently published a more in-depth synopsis in German. I finally had the time to roughly translate it to English.

Indiana Jones and the Smoking Mirror
by Robert Andersen

Indiana Jones just recovered from the injuries he sustained in Bhutan, while being on a quest for an unique artifact. Only by the skin of his teeth he was able to escape his adversaries: the gangster "Mickey" and the shady Tarik Mokhtari.

Now he stands in his classroom at Barnett College, when his friend Marcus Brody steps in. Marcus – by now dean of Indy's old school, the Marshall College, who is residing in New York City at the moment to attend a convention – seems pretty worried and tells Indy about a weird meeting with an old fellow student of his. He seemed to be in big trouble and Marcus offered to ask Indy, the son of their old pal Henry Jones, to come and see him for he is kind of an expert when it comes to trouble. Indy would find an answer to what problem ever.

Indy agrees and so the two friends drive off to Manhattan, to the hotel of the man in question. But they're to late. They find him badly battered and drowned in blood in the middle of his ransacked room. Indy tries to catch the assumed culprit, but he can escape incognito. Before the injured can tell what happened he dies due to his traumas. With his last breath he splutters a name: Mokhtari. Before Indy can make anything of it he and Marcus get arrested by the arriving police who suspects them of murdering the old man.

Who was the square-shouldered giant in the hotel room, who could escape Indy under the gunfire of a further person? What were those papers the goon took with him? And what the heck did Tarik Mokhtari has to do with the whole thing? If it was the Tarik from the cold cave in the Himalayas, that is. The lanky Arab hasn't so much in common with men smelling like secret intelligence.

On his search for answers Indy will participate against his adversaries in a deadly race around half the globe. From the crowded Souq in Rabat, Morocco, to the dark catacombs of a perished civilization and the depths of the South American rain forest.

All just to hunt out an old mythical artifact and to save it from the greedy grasp of evil: The Smoking Mirror of Tezcatlipoca – the Aztec deity of death and darkness. It is said that due to his dark powers it already ruined whole civilizations using bizarre and morbid mind control and psycho manipulation. A terrible weapon when falling into the wrong hands. :dead: