Indiana Jones and the Rise of the Dead... a Chad Bronder film

Dr. Gonzo

lao che & sons said:
What are you shooting with?

Panasonic HVX-200. Set at one of the 24 frame per second settings. Using mostly mini dv but will be using a P2 card for some of the more interesting shots coming up.

Dr. Gonzo

lao che & sons said:
have you thought about shooting with a DSLR?

I have been told by someone about DSLR's. I don't remember if he said they were capable of shooting 1080 24p, but he told me something along those lines. I'm shooting this with that HVX-200 mainly because I own it.

lao che & sons

Dr. Gonzo said:
I have been told by someone about DSLR's. I don't remember if he said they were capable of shooting 1080 24p, but he told me something along those lines. I'm shooting this with that HVX-200 mainly because I own it.

Ok. I shoot with a rebel t1i dslr. It gets up to 1080p at 30fps. Only canons get that "full hd" when it comes to dslr.

but it doesn't matter what you shoot with: It's all about the lighting and sound. ;)

Dr. Gonzo

Indy's brother said:
Credit where credit is due...this is quite an achievement!!!(y)

I appreciate that :hat:

lao che & sons said:
Ok. I shoot with a rebel t1i dslr. It gets up to 1080p at 30fps. Only canons get that "full hd" when it comes to dslr.

but it doesn't matter what you shoot with: It's all about the lighting and sound. ;)

I halfway agree with you. I guess because I've been doing it so long I don't like shooting on anything that doesn't at least have the capability to shoot 720p at 24fps. Perhaps I am spoiled but I love shooting at 24 frames per second, film or digital, but if its digital 720p is the lowest resolution I try to use.

I don't know how I've missed all of the activity in this thread, but it was nice to discover all of the updates and the announcement that Part II is on its way. The pictures have me very excited; it's fun to find all of the cameos and Easter eggs. Really looking forward to part 2!

Dr. Gonzo

Charlemagne said:
I don't know how I've missed all of the activity in this thread, but it was nice to discover all of the updates and the announcement that Part II is on its way. The pictures have me very excited; it's fun to find all of the cameos and Easter eggs. Really looking forward to part 2!
:hat: Thanks.
Lance Quazar said:
I think we've been very patient. TIME FOR A NEW CHAPTER!
I am going to try my damnedest to have something for you before Thanksgiving (usa).

Stoo

Hi, Dr. Gonzo. Happy New Year to you and hope all is well. Any progress on Chapter 2?:confused:

Dr. Gonzo

Happy New year to you as well Stoo. This year has already been very good to me.

My apologies to everyone for not producing part 2 as of yet. It is all put together but I have yet to record voice actors.

One of the main reasons for this delay is a series of events has occurred in my life that has culminated with an opportunity to make my first feature length film. for the past two months this has been my preoccupation... I should be having some down time in february... so sorry once again but all I can really say at the moment is stay tuned...

Lance Quazar

Dr. Gonzo said:
Happy New year to you as well Stoo. This year has already been very good to me.

My apologies to everyone for not producing part 2 as of yet. It is all put together but I have yet to record voice actors.

One of the main reasons for this delay is a series of events has occurred in my life that has culminated with an opportunity to make my first feature length film. for the past two months this has been my preoccupation... I should be having some down time in february... so sorry once again but all I can really say at the moment is stay tuned...

I am going to happily volunteer my services as voice actor for this project - assuming you want an Indiana Jones with a vocal register somewhere between Doogie Howser, Season 2 and Pee Wee Herman on helium.

However, I think it's great about the "real life" opportunities that are coming your way. Best of luck!

However, this doesn't give you an excuse to shirk your responsibilities to your audience HERE.

Let's get cracking, shall we?

Dr. Gonzo

Indiana Jones and the Rise of the Dead (Part II)

Sorry it took so long and thank you for being patient (lance!).
This was a longer excerpt but I cut it in half so you'd have something to watch now. Here's part 2.

http://youtu.be/3EerG8eUzGU

Part three is gonna be killer. Hopefully.

Lance Quazar

Gonzo, come on!! It's been twenty-five minutes since you posted Part II.

WHERE IS PART III????

Seriously, though, this was sheer delight. I loved every second out of it. Great, great fun.

Two things worthy of special commendation - I think the guy doing the Indy voice is excellent. Not a 100% sound alike (which would be impossible), but definitely capturing the "feel" of the character wonderfully.

Love the Palestine diorama, too.

Minor criticisms:

I would stay away from using actual audio clips of Indy and Sallah themselves. Nothing wrong with a great Wilhelm here and there, but the voice over actors do such a good job that I find it distracting when you insert the "actual" voices.

And secondly, I know that you haven't spent time making custom figures for this project and that's fine. It can be an extremely difficult, costly and frustrating endeavor. However, I would make a very minor suggestion. If it's at all possible simply to cover up with paint or even a magic marker the "JP" jurassic park logo on your main baddie. It's a small touch, but seeing that just takes me out of the story.

Feels silly when watching a movie made from toys, but I really do get into the narrative and the action is fun and exciting. But that tiny detail just rankles me.

Anyway, thanks again SO much for creating this, it is really a blast!

Stoo

Dr. Gonzo said:
Sorry it took so long and thank you for being patient.
INCROYABLE, Gonzo! I went back and watched Part 1 (again) before watching your #2 mock-up. Haven't seen many action figure movies like this but, it must be said, your efforts are exceptional!

Some shots are a bit too long and could be tightened up...however, overall, this is FREAKING AWESOME!!! So many great moments (too many to list). You are definitely in tune with the Indy pulse of things. Love it A LOT!

Keep it up, mate. You are "bound for glory".:hat:

Dr. Gonzo

Well I finally wrangled a female voice actor, so finally I can put something out again for you all soon.

Stoo said:
INCROYABLE, Gonzo! I went back and watched Part 1 (again) before watching your #2 mock-up. Haven't seen many action figure movies like this but, it must be said, your efforts are exceptional!

Some shots are a bit too long and could be tightened up...however, overall, this is FREAKING AWESOME!!! So many great moments (too many to list). You are definitely in tune with the Indy pulse of things. Love it A LOT!

Keep it up, mate. You are "bound for glory".:hat:
Merci Stoo. You my friend are an Indy purest, so anything coming from you is a high compliment.

Lance Quazar said:
Two things worthy of special commendation - I think the guy doing the Indy voice is excellent. Not a 100% sound alike (which would be impossible), but definitely capturing the "feel" of the character wonderfully.

Love the Palestine diorama, too.
Would you believe that I am the one doing both Indy and Sallah? It's quite difficult to mimic both yet keep them sounding different cause they're both baritone voices. That's why they sometimes sound so similar.
Hope that didn't ruin the magic/illusion.

And thanks to everyone else for their compliments.
Should have something for you soon.