Indiana Jones Radio Drama

Junior Jones

Stoo said:
Keith, as far as tracking down the "Honduras" script goes, good luck! (It might not even exist beyond a brief synopsis.) All we have to go on are Laird's memo sheets and Pablo Hidalgo's article. I dug up some great information on Spinden's various expeditions and managed to figure out which ruins Indy & Co. most likely went to. (Pat read some of this out on my first contribution to the IndyCast but I can pass it along to you and Phil.)

Oh, yes please. I'd love to see your Spinden research.

Phil

Stoo

Phil, my pleasure. I have your e-mail address and will compile what I have.

DoomTown Keith, my PM box is full but I'll make some room so you can send me your e-mail.:hat:
robisindy said:
Keith delivered the finished story for the latest radio drama near the middle of last week. So production is now under way. Ed was lining up voice actors and will be working on putting everything together. I may be assisting with editing as well. Ed did mention that this may end up being released as a stand-alone special edition of the IndyCast, similar to the John Williams tribute a few weeks ago. Stay tuned!
Thank you very much for the update, Rob. Take as much time as you guys need to do it well. I'll have to give "Flensburg" another listen but, if I'm not mistaken, was it you playing Indy?:confused:

Stoo said:
Thank you very much for the update, Rob. Take as much time as you guys need to do it well. I'll have to give "Flensburg" another listen but, if I'm not mistaken, was it you playing Indy?:confused:

Yeah, it was me. I'm "back in the hat" for the latest one as well. I don't profess to sound like Indy, but I try my best.

We're hoping to get it done in the next couple of weeks. :whip:

Montana Smith

robisindy said:
Yeah, it was me. I'm "back in the hat" for the latest one as well. I don't profess to sound like Indy, but I try my best.

We're hoping to get it done in the next couple of weeks. :whip:

...and doing a pretty fine job as Indy, Rob! When the first narration ended and the characters' voices took over, I immediately thought that samples from the movies were being edited in.

Looking forward to the next one! (y)

harvey

Loved the original drama...totally psyched for "Yearning".

Young Indy and Belloq is a MUST.
An Indy/Abner adventure would rock.
And one word for another adventure:

SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW

Keith and company: brilliant work all. If I can be so bold as to speak for the Indy community - your efforts are GREATLY appreciated. PERFECT way to fill the gaps of the IndyCast!

Keep on keepin' on...

A year after "Free Comic Book Day" and the Indy tale takes another form Monday!

I have an idea what's in store and "fingers crossed" I'm looking forward to it!

Good luck guys!:hat:

Stoo

Just had a listen while looking at the comic* at the same time. For a fan effort it is very good. A little slow but I enjoyed it. Focusing on the positives, the voices were believable (especially whoever played Clifford) and the extra padding of the story was meticulously thought out. My favourite part was with the lever device. It matched the comic panel PERFECTLY. I could hear music from Young Indy's "Transylvania" episode in there, too. Job well done, guys.:hat:

Suggestions for the future: Faster, LOUDER & more sound effects

*(which wouldn't be in my collection were it not for Crack that whip.)

Peru1936 said:
Careful. The country was still called Siam in '34.
DoomTown said:
Caught that a ways back. Made the change....Thanks!!!!
Siam didn't make the cut. The comic calls it Thailand so maybe you were staying with the text, warts & all.

Stoo said:
Just had a listen while looking at the comic* at the same time. For a fan effort it is very good. A little slow but I enjoyed it. Focusing on the positives, the voices were believable (especially whoever played Clifford) and the extra padding of the story was meticulously thought out. My favourite part was with the lever device. It matched the comic panel PERFECTLY. I could hear music from Young Indy's "Transylvania" episode in there, too. Job well done, guys.:hat:

Thanks, Stoo. Silvio Mannello did the voice of Clifford. And I was glad there was a nice opportunity to mix in some Young Indy music!

Stoo said:

Check, check, and check! I've read the early drafts of the next story, and it should deliver on all 3 of those fronts.

Stoo said:
Siam didn't make the cut. The comic calls it Thailand so maybe you were staying with the text, warts & all.

We didn't change the name of the country, but changed the year to 1939 rather than 1934. The comic didn't give a specific year.

Thanks for the feedback, Stoo! I'm glad you enjoyed this one, and I think you'll like what's in store for the next installment.

DoomTown

Stoo said:

*(which wouldn't be in my collection were it not for Crack that whip.)

Thanks a lot Stoo!!! Hard work put into the show by all involved, and had a great time doing it; Glad you enjoyed it, and as Rob already noted, the next one will deliver on all your suggestions. Cheers! :hat:

indycast

Stoo said:

Thanks for the feedback Stoo - will look into the volume issues...did you listen with headphones -I think that helps.

Cheers!

Montana Smith

Stoo said:
For a fan effort it is very good. A little slow but I enjoyed it. Focusing on the positives, the voices were believable (especially whoever played Clifford) and the extra padding of the story was meticulously thought out. My favourite part was with the lever device. It matched the comic panel PERFECTLY. I could hear music from Young Indy's "Transylvania" episode in there, too. Job well done, guys.:hat:

I listened yesterday and agree with Stoo's review. A great job on voice acting and sound effects.

But... I think there was too much unnecessary narration. As with my view of the Flensberg episode, I think that there are more times when the voice actors can carry the story forwards with their own words. This would up the pace, and also immerse the listener deeper into the experience. Instead of a narrator describing each scene, the actors can be talking to each other about what they see. The listener's own imagination will fill in the gaps in description.

Also, once the listener recognizes the individual voices I don't think it's necessary to say occasionaly say "said" in the narration.

I see narration as setting the scene at the start, and closing it at the end, and allowing the actors to tell their own story in between. Though, I may be imagining a different kind of radio play, to the kind you have in mind. I'm thinking more full-on drama, as opposed to a narrated story aided by actors' voices.

All in all, though it's a great achievement! (y)