Indiana Jones Radio Drama

DoomTown

Stoo said:
Keith, regarding your comment on page 3 this thread: Lost Treasures UK magazine
I think it's a great idea. Flipping through the pages of "Temple of Yearning" while listening to the radio drama was a unique, multimedia experience and the 2 brief tales from the "Lost Treasures" mag are perfectly suited for the same type of treatment.

RobisIndy recently mentioned that the next radio play is nearing completion. How is that coming along?

I thinks it's a great idea too. No narration, just a read along with voices, music, and sound FX. I think I can put these together in between "Indiana Jones and the Gold Goddess" Parts 1 & 2. As far as I know, Rob is almost finished editing and adding effects for the first part, and I'm just about done writing the second part. Should be airing soon :hat:

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Although the Indy animation was a brave attempt (too ambitious?) perhaps this maybe an opportunity to harness that enthusiasm and as an alternative create a Motion Comic utilising the recording.

Stoo

@DoomTown: Sounds great, mate, and thanks for the update. It'll never be too late but we can wait.;)

@JuniorJones: Another brilliant idea!(y) For inspiration, some Australian fan named, IndyInza, attempted an animated comic (with music & sound effects) of "Tomb of the Gods" with decent results and created a thread about it: Indiana Jones and the Tomb of the Gods: Animated comic adventure

If the mood strikes you, JJ, the "Temple of Yearning" comic & radio drama would be great fodder for a test run.;)

(P.S. Our Indy animation was a brave attempt. Too ambitious? Had we more animators on board, it might have come to fruition.:( As far as I'm concerned, that project is not dead...It's on ice...;))

DoomTown

So everyone, production has begun on "Indiana Jones and the Curse of the Death Mask", and "Indiana Jones and the Spell of the Skull", Indy-Cast radio dramas based on the "Lost Treasure" UK magazine comics and produced in the style of the old record and cassette "read-a-longs", to be released in between "Indiana Jones and the Gold Goddess" Parts 1 & 2. Stay tuned! :gun:

Stoo

Woo-Hoo!(y) Who are you going to get to do the voice of femme-fatale, Jasy Kuña?:confused: Also, am I correct in assuming that artist extraordinaire, JuniorJones, will be creating motion graphics? If so, you're in good company.
DoomTown said:
...in the style of the old record and cassette "read-a-longs"
This reminds of the early '70s, Disney read-a-long 45s I had as a child. "When Tinkerbell waves her magic wand (Brrrring!)...Turn the page.":p

Montana Smith

Stoo said:
This reminds of the early '70s, Disney read-a-long 45s I had as a child. "When Tinkerbell waves her magic wand (Brrrring!)...Turn the page.":p

Oh, the painful memories!

Please update to...

"When Indy cracks his whip, turn the page quickly, or get flattened by a boulder."

Stoo

I have the "Temple of Doom" read-a-long cassette/booklet and though I haven't listened to it in ages, I *think* it uses a whip crack for the signal to turn the page...

Considering Indy never uses his whip in either of the 2 "Lost Adventures" stories, the whip sound effect would be an ideal cue for the turning of the pages...:whip:

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Stoo said:
I have the "Temple of Doom" read-a-long cassette/booklet and though I haven't listened to it in ages, I *think* it uses a whip crack for the signal to turn the page...

Considering Indy never uses his whip in either of the 2 "Lost Adventures" stories, the whip sound effect would be an ideal cue for the turning of the pages...:whip:

It wouldn't be same without the whip crack and the explanation.

"...when you hear the whip crack (sound of the whip) :whip: please remember to turn the page."

Stoo: One day we WILL finish the animation, even if it takes forever! In the meantime I'll have a pop at Yearning...are you in - man of international mystery and intrigue!

DoomTown

JuniorJones said:
It wouldn't be same without the whip crack and the explanation.

"...when you hear the whip crack (sound of the whip) :whip: please remember to turn the page."

Oh, I have those in there, don't worry ;)

Stoo

JuniorJones said:
Stoo: One day we WILL finish the animation, even if it takes forever! In the meantime I'll have a pop at Yearning...are you in - man of international mystery and intrigue!
Just checked out that link...and WOW! Most impressive and inspirational. If you need help, yes I'm in won't be able to pitch in until the 2nd week of January.
DoomTown said:
Oh, I have those in there, don't worry ;)
:D

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Stoo said:
Just checked out that link...and WOW! Most impressive and inspirational. If you need help, yes I'm in won't be able to pitch in until the 2nd week of January.
:D

I'll look at the structure of the comic and see if I can do some basic animatics over Christmas.

Indiana Jones and the Gold Goddess Part 1, the latest IndyCast Radio Drama, should be released early next month!

Thanks for the suggestions and kind feedback on the past productions. I'm looking forward to receiving your comments on this one as well. :hat:

DoomTown

robisindy said:
Indiana Jones and the Gold Goddess Part 1, the latest IndyCast Radio Drama, should be released early next month!

Thanks for the suggestions and kind feedback on the past productions. I'm looking forward to receiving your comments on this one as well. :hat:

Well done Robisindy, very well done indeed! January and February will be a BIG couple of months for Indy-Cast radio dramas!