Here is some Indy art

Daley

Rocket Surgeon said:
Indy_Inks_Sml.jpg

I am in absolute awe of this..it's unbelievable. Incredible work, such attention to detail :D (y)

Mickiana

The CS one kinda makes me think of The Thing poster from 1982. What about 'Indiana Jones and the Thing from Another World'? Since fire is the only defense against it as it was against the curse of the kali ma it can be a recurrent theme! I don't mind this camouflage style, it's different, but I'm not crazy about it. Love the top one by Manuel though. I would buy it.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Montana Smith said:
Do not like. :(

Look like stains!

I like them, but then I dig this kind of thing, these distillations of the iconic. I'm not sure the Last Crusade one really works, though, with the action portion of its composition borrowed from an actual Amsel/Struzan poster, rather than the larger silhouette, as in the other three.

(Curiously, the posed silhouette in the Crusade poster seems to be that from the 1982 Struzan artwork for the Raiders re-release.)

Montana Smith

Attila the Professor said:
I'm not sure the Last Crusade one really works, though, with the action portion of its composition borrowed from an actual Amsel/Struzan poster, rather than the larger silhouette, as in the other three.

Indiana Jones and the Lungs of Darkness. A portent of living with Marion.

I like them...something about the familiar and the new style. Putting a barely visible alien skullin the mushroom cloud/shadow would be a fitting addition.

Gear

With those last four pieces, the thing I like most about them, as a series, is how well they capture the flavors of each film.

I like.

Montana Smith said:
Wow! Is this the new concept art for Disney's new Animated Indiana Jones?
It does have that "Emperors New Groove" style...as long as they don't give his voice over to an Ertha Kitt impersonator.

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
It does have that "Emperors New Groove" style...as long as they don't give his voice over to an Ertha Kitt impersonator.

Oh, that's so wrong, Rocket. A Mola Ram purring all sexy and seductive, mincing around the Temple of Doom picking up slave boys. He'd be scarier than Chitty's Child Catcher.

Are there any more characters in this style by the artist?

EDIT:

Just checked out GeekTyrant:

Here's a wonderful collection of stylized Geek Art from French artist Maxime Mary. Some of his work includes art for Batman, Tintin, Back to the Future, Dexter and more. Maxime is fresh off an internship with the Walt Disney Studios.

Saw some Tintin and Batman characters, but no others from Indy.

Last edited:
Montana Smith said:
Oh, that's so wrong, Rocket. A Mola Ram purring all sexy and seductive, mincing around the Temple of Doom picking up slave boys.
Throw him a clericalcollar and it's timely!

Montana Smith said:
He'd be scarier than Chitty's Child Catcher.
...and THATs no mean feat!

Montana Smith said:
Are there any more characters in this style by the artist?
Dont get me started with your precious Sir Darkness...

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
Throw him a clericalcollar and it's timely!

Indy drugged on communion wine and stripped half naked in a place of worship by the chief priest... I see where you're going!

Rocket Surgeon said:
...and THATs no mean feat!

For a source of childhood nightmares he's up there with Ronald McDonald.

Rocket Surgeon said:
Dont get me started with your precious Sir Darkness...

There was a typo. It should have read "Are there any more Indy characters in this style by the artist?"

I thought there might have been a whole series of them.