More Indy at the Smithsonian?

Z dweller

I couldn't find a specific thread about this, but if I missed it mods please merge.

Dorothy’s Ruby Red Slippers Surrender Smithsonian Space to Indiana Jones

The museum will be replacing the “Wizard of Oz” slipper display with signature items worn by Harrison Ford in the four Indiana Jones films. Artifacts associated with the fictional archeologist in the adventure film series have been on display before, and Indy’s whip and fedora are returning April 24.

Based on the short note in the Exhibitions section of the main site, I take it that only the whip and fedora had been on display before, while the linked article seems to hint at a larger number of items to be added, hopefully this will prove correct.

Worst case scenario, we can update the thread title to "Indy back at the Smithsonian"...

Last edited:

Sakis

TR.N Staff Member
Indy's leather jacket and fedora from Last Crusade, not from the Indiana Jones films as they state, were on display for quite some time, I don't know exactly for how long. Harrison Ford and Lucasfilm donated them to the museum on May 26, 1989. It is said that in 1999 Lucasfilm donated also a bullwhip but I don't have any photos of it.

deliveryService

deliveryService

deliveryService

Harrison_Ford_Smithsonian.jpg

Z dweller

Nice video, thanks Micsteam. I hadn't seen it before. (y)

Despite the fact that this donation reinforces the feeling that TLC was always meant to be the last chapter in the saga for everyone involved, I so wish they'd made a couple more movies in the early to mid 90s, instead of waiting so long just to come up with a sub-par sequel...