DaBrode's Indy Tattoo Thread!

Ayrun

Moderator Emeritus
apalehorse said:
Finn said:
<small>Sheesh... cut down on fast food.</small>

Don't tell me that annoying comercial made it to Europe!

Yes, it did.... unfortunatly...
-----
I'm looking forward seeing a picture of the tattoo when it's done.. :)

DaBrode

I'll most definitely keep this post updated for everyone to view and thank you all for your comments good or bad.

Responding to the reactions of displayed body art is almost as fun is having it!

DaBrode

Many of you have posted in reply to, or messaged me aside from, my recent threads about my tattoo collection. Thank you all!

Due to the very cool ability to edit posts at any time in this forum I thought it best I start a single thread to display them all. (This way I will not be bumping several threads and hogging first page space.)

Those of you that don't know of my tattooes will find all the info here. They are all Indiana Jones themed and I you enjoy viewing them as I get them.

My tattooes will be posted here with any information I can think you may inquire about. If the answer isn't here...please post a reply and I'll do my best!

---------------------------------------
1. The Idol of Fertility
Length of time: 5 Hrs
Sittings: 3
Cost: $705 (includes $80.00 gratuity)
Artist: Tim Brewer, Body Graphics/PULSE Tattoo Supplies
Pain Factor: 7 of 10, Mostly due to duration not location

idol1.jpg

2. The Grail Painting
Length of time: 7 Hrs (so far, incomplete)
Sittings: 4 (so far, incomplete)
Cost: $360+$240+$120+$180=$900 (so far, incomplete, knights are now fully colored and healing - pics soon)
Artist: Tim Brewer, Body Graphics/PULSE Tattoo Supplies Location: Body Graphics, South Windsor, CT
Pain Factor: 9 of 10, Due completely to location

backshaded.jpg

backknight.jpg

3. To Be Announced...

[Edited by DaBrode on 02-25-2004 at 09:00 pm]

Caitlin

WOW! VERY NICE IDOL! But 800$$$?? Being an avid tattoo collector myself (well, not so avid in the past year...I've only gotten 1 in 03)Isn't that a bit too much? Your artist is very talented, and probably deserves it, but I'm sure you could have gotten it done just as nicely for less $. Don't listen to me, I'm just a cheapskate! Did your artist draw the idol, or trace it from a picture you brought him? If he drew it then, yeah, that ups the price a little.
9 of 10 pain factor for your back, huh? By your pits does look like it would be painful. That knight in the small of your back musta felt GOOD though, huh? My fisrt tat was about that same spot and I was lovin it! (it's like being scratched..."oh, yeah..a little to the left..no no..up..oh yeah right there)

On the Kali idea....Go for it man! AS long as the background is light (or none at all) and your artist uses some light colors for highlighting, I don't think "washout" will be too big of a problem. Personally I like thick outlines (cartoonish stuff) for staying power (and it's just the kind of art I like..not alot of detail) Yeah wrong thread..I'll elaborate in there.

Im going to go look at the added color now!

DaBrode

Thanks Caitlin.

Yes he did draw it from scratch. The cost was including a $80 tip don't forget. This guy gets $120/hr and honestly I'd pay $150. Getting tattooed is more an experience than just the art. This guy makes the whole experience amazing. Great conversationalist and pleasant person. Just an all around fun time getting my ink done by Tim.

Indyologist

What's YOUR Indy Tattoo?

Some of our more "hard core" Indy fans have had Indiana Jones-type tattoos put on themselves.

Do you have an Indiana Jones tattoo? If so, post your pics here!

If you are thinking about it, what design(s) are you/might you have done? What are you/might you put it on yourself?

Even if you are not a tattoo fan, but if you were-- what design might you have put on yourself and where would you put it yer bod?

** Let's keep this light, fun, and informational, okay? **

DaBrode

I don't visit for months and I come back to a thread on the very topic I last posted about! :p

Here's my completed Indy tat...

idol1.jpg

...and here is my next one, currently in-the-works:

backshaded.jpg

Enjoy! I'll answer any questions here on this thread...

Last edited:

Ska

No questions, man...just...WOW...

Awesome tattoo's! Different ideas also. Not your ordinary "fedora and whip" or Indy font that I was expecting. Only actual fans would know that those are from the IJ trilogy, esp. the "leap of faith" one.

Once again, very nice artwork.

Ska

DaBrode

Thanks man. I got a list of them I'll be putting together but they tend to cost a bit o'cash so it'll be a slooooow process...

I've always liked the idea using the Cross of Coronado as a tattoo. Someone mentioned that a while back in another thread.

Anybody else have one?

Indyologist

DaBrode said:
Thanks man. I got a list of them I'll be putting together but they tend to cost a bit o'cash so it'll be a slooooow process...

I figured you'd post on this one! Nice to see you, DaBrode!

DaBrode

Yeah I simply had to :)

So funny that I haven't been around for ages and suddenly upon my return...TATTOO TALK!