DaBrode's Indy Tattoo Thread!

DaBrode

Yeah...mine are on the large side.

I've seen smaller tats that run 50-100 bucks though. Ankh's, yin yang's chinese symbol's etc.

Anyone considering a tattoo should really ask themselves these questions first...(I gave a hypothetical in [ ] after each question)

1. Is what I'm getting something I love dearly or does it mean enough to me that I will never want it removed. [Tattooing a Eagle on your arm for your football team only to decide once you move you're now more of a Broncos fan.]

2. Can I function in society with this picture on me in the location that I've chosen. [I love this tattoo of Chewbacca on my forehead but I can't land a job to save my life!]

3. Are you willing to make the artwork big enough to give it the detail necessary to make it an exceptional piece. [This is a tattoo of a whirlpool with sharks swimming circles in it, it signifies how life is always out to eat you alive. That's great dude, but um...maybe it should have been done larger than a quarter? I thought it was a tye-dyed bottlecap]

4. Is the tattoo something that can be spoiled and in turn embarass me later on. [I got a sweet tattoo of the lead singer of Queen on my arm. He rocks! NEWS: Today lead singer of the rock band Queen announced he is gay.]

Moral: If you're gonna do it...do it bold, big enough and do it in an intelligent location for your chosen lifestyle/career path.

I've seen way to many cartoon bulldogs, tweety birds and black panthers in my travels to believe all those people are die hard fans.

PS. Thanks for the compliments on the baord name...thats a first. :)

That be it...DaBrode out.

Kate

Hey Noodle!

.... I wrote that you had the best username when I thought it had something to do with Marcus Brody, but now I know it does not. hehe. Love the tattoo response btw babe- maybe I shouldn't get a tattoo after all- you made me all nervous.

- Sassy Lass

Deadlock

DaBrode said:
Anyone considering a tattoo should really ask themselves these questions first...(I gave a hypothetical in [ ] after each question)

DaBrode, that was the most logical discussion of tattoos that I have ever seen. :)

M

Metis

Massive respect for those tats! I really want one.... but I can't figure out what to get.... maybe one day.... I'll let yáll know.

peace

DaBrode

Kate (Sassy Lass),

I saw your idea and it's totally ub3r :) It means something to you...it's artistic...and it's unique. Find a good place to put it and make it big enough to be detailed but a comfortable size for you as well. Maybe you can visit New England and my artist can hook you up ;)

Deadlock,

Thx bro, much appreciated. I wanted to word it just right and your comments reassure me that I did.

Metis,

Find something that influences you. No not tequila, but something that is part of your construct. Something that makes you...you.

For me, Indy is a symbol. My father was a victim of Multiple Sclerosis and I have few memories prior to him losing his ability to balance and walk. I never had an "active" father and therefore as a young boy I decided Indy (Ford) would be my "active" male roll model. Hell if I could have any individual I wanted to fill the shoes my father couldn't...Indy was a PERFECT choice.

Now..Indy is a character and Ford is a person. I love Ford dearly and respect him tremendously but people screw up. I can't get a tattoo of Ford himself...or Indy his character because it is still Ford's face in the end. Should Ford do something absolutely ridiculous...I now have his face branded on me to show my support.

I didn't want that.

So what else could I do Indy that is also great artistically and known enough to be recognized but also abstract enough to be unique.

This is how I cameup with the theme of relics/artifacts that Indy collected. Each stands for his adventurous nature, his determination and his being my personal male role model.

I couldn't have picked a better theme t suit me as a person.

SOOOOOO...whether a theme or a single Tattoo...protect yourself...know yourself...know how others will react and whether that reaction is okay with you.

phew...ok.. DaBrode out.

Last edited:

Deadlock

DaBrode said:
SOOOOOO...whether a theme or a single Tattoo...protect yourself...know yourself...know how others will react and whether that reaction is okay with you.

Once again DaBrode, you're the man.

I'm going to be sending your posts to my brother who's into the rock band scene. Today it's only the earrings... tomorrow, who knows? But I think tattoo's wouldn't take much imagination.

I think WAY too many tattoos don't have any message other than "I can and will cave to peer pressure" or "I had a few too many last night." Thanks for being a good "tattoo role model." :)

DaBrode

VP said:
Any new pics of your Grail tattoo, DaBrode?

Unfortunately the work is on hold due to my getting laid off in March. I do have color now but none of the background is completed. i'll see if I can get my roomate to take some pics for me.

Deadlock,

Glad to be of service :) and thanks for the kind words.

Indyologist

Hey-- I've got an idea for a tattoo!

Put Indy's face on one butt cheek and Marion's face on the other. Then squeeze them gluts together and make 'em kiss! :D

Indyologist

Sorry to gross you out, VP. ;)

Doe anyone have ANY kind of tattoo they'd like to show us, even if it's NOT Indy related?

Rick5150

Not mine, but oh, how I wish it were:

rodstooges.jpg

Ska

Sorry that I don't have a pic, but...

...I once saw this guy in Wal-Mart. He was bald with a goatee. He had a tattoo of HIMSELF on his FOREHEAD! Now if that wasn't bad enough, the only hair on his head was shaped for his tattoo's goatee!

WTF? I mean, what would drive someone to wake up in the morning and say, "Hey, I think I'm gonna shave my head and get a tattoo of my face on my face. Then I'm only gonna let my hair grow back for my tattoo's goatee. People will like me."? To each their own...I guess.

Ska

DaBrode

Finally! I'm able to show you the color in my back tattoo as you've requested...sorry for the delay (and the love handles :) )

backcolor.jpg

backknight.jpg

Last edited:

Indyologist

Sa-weet! :D

SKAbatula said:
...I once saw this guy in Wal-Mart. He was bald with a goatee. He had a tattoo of HIMSELF on his FOREHEAD! Now if that wasn't bad enough, the only hair on his head was shaped for his tattoo's goatee!
Ska

Sheesh, what a bloated moron!
speechless-smiley-002.gif

Last edited: