Spear of Destiny

Urmel

Hi IAdventurer01!

What a coincidence! I also wanted to ask the project leader if Spear of Destiny is definitely canceled. I think it was TwqPier. A few month ago i found out in a forum in which they discussed about SoD that they will not develop it any further. There was also a link to an adventurekit, which includes all their scriptings and backgrounds as well as playable Demo. But unfortunately i can't find the website anymore. Perhaps it was in this forum.

Greets, Urmel

Urmel

I don't know if TwqPier is still on the board, but if he is not i can send you this adventurekit. I think there are a few informations about the story.

IAdventurer01

I know TwqPier has ye to post since te new board went up so if you could send me the adventure kit or whatever that would be a big help.
I'm still relatively new at using message boards, and I stink at getting to the point.
Over the three month period that the board went down, a friend and I began to work on our own Spear of Destiny Fangame. This was before we knew that there was a comic with a similar plot! So, I'm sure no one would mind if another Indy fangame with an original storyline is made, right? I'm pretty sure the answer is yes. If not, (don't know why!) please let me know.

Urmel

This is no problem.
Could you please send me your email address in a pm and i will send this kit to you. It is about 2,5 MB and an selfextracting archive.
Or just download it from
http://mitglied.lycos.de/kamelfried/Bauernclan/kit.exe

UPDATE: There is one problem, you can't just klick on this link with left mouse button, because then you will be redirected to a failure page. You just have to right klick the file and select saving under, or just take a downloadmanager.

Last edited:

Urmel

You are welcome.
I hope someone will continue developing this really interesting adventure.

Last edited:

Urmel

Good Luck!
The only thing i had done with my programming knowledge was to translate it into another language.

IAdventurer01

Urmel said:
I hope someone will continue developing this really interesting adventure.

Uh... with that wording I'm not sure you understand what said. It's not a continuation of the adventure, its a different game with Indy looking for the same artifact. Also, we hope to launch the website for the game within the next few weeks, FYI.

TwqPier

hello, fellow-fans

Altough I don´t post much (close to nothing) on this forum, I`m reading it on a regular base. I honestly thought the project died a quiet dead, a long long LONG time ago.

We couldn`t continue, because we had other things on our mind, but it`s nice that someone still makes use of it.

See you around guys!

TwqPier
§the man who crawled though a river of dirt and came out clean on the oter side...

PS. the current resolution is 320 x 240 ( I think...)
<small>Moderator Edit: Edited for language</small>

Last edited by a moderator:

Pale Horse

Staff member
TR.N Staff Notice

TWGPIER: I cannot edit your post in this forum, please refrain from the use of expletives, as this Message Board is for all ages.

PALE HORSE

Urmel

Hi TwqPier,

I have to praise you for your tremendous work on Spear of Destiny. I enjoyed playing the demo as well as working with your adventure kit. If I had more time and the right skill I would continue on developing SoD. The only thing I have done till now was to translate it into my language. I know it is a long time ago you have been working on this adventure, but do you remember any ability to change the volume of the sound files in the game with the Sludge Engine?

TwqPier

Pale Horse said:
TR.N Staff Notice

TWGPIER: I cannot edit your post in this forum, please refrain from the use of expletives, as this Message Board is for all ages.

PALE HORSE

I'm very sorry for this. I wrote it down, because I'm 'into' The Shawshank Redemtion at the moment, and this is a quote from that movie.
I'm very sorry if I have offended anyone, and I'll make sure it doesn't happen again. Sorry.

Pale Horse said:
I have to praise you for your tremendous work on Spear of Destiny. I enjoyed playing the demo as well as working with your adventure kit. If I had more time and the right skill I would continue on developing SoD. The only thing I have done till now was to translate it into my language. I know it is a long time ago you have been working on this adventure, but do you remember any ability to change the volume of the sound files in the game with the Sludge Engine?

I have absolutly no idea how to do that. You could do two things though, 1) look in the help files of SLUDGE.
or 2) make a topic on the official forum (I think you can reach it through www.hungrysoftware.com )

Take care,
TwqPier
-Salvation lies within

Urmel

Hi TwqPier,

I have one more last question. Did you write the plot for Spear of Destiny on your own and was it finished until you canceled the project? Perhaps some time I will try to continue this great adventure and it would be very helpfull to have a script ready instead of writing an own.

IAdventurer01

Oh wow, a lot to answer, haven't been on for a while...

Urmel said:
Will the new fanadventure also be held in the resoultion 320x200?

No. Actually, it will be 3d, so be prepared for an 800x600 resolution or better.

Ben Friend of Indy
Exactly what kind of a game is this supposed to be? An online side-scroller or what?

It will be a strange format for an Indy game. I, too, felt for a long time that an RPG is no format for an Indy game, but now I think that it can work well. The level up system will not be elaborate, seeing as we all know what Indy can/cannot do, but he'll just hone his skills a bit more throughout the game. Although most combat will be a a typical RPG format, we may throw in some other combat as well.

Also about our site being ready in a few weeks? Well a few weeks may be over but it is not ready. Hey, like all things in the Indy World, delays are to be expected. :D