Spear of Destiny

IAdventurer01

MAIN PLOT OVERVIEW WRITTEN! Yay. I won't reveal it, else it spoil the suprise. :cool:

Anyway, I am now going in and adding very specific details, and I thought that I would consult fellow Indy fans for their thoughts and opinions (you).

#1: There are two essential characters. Other playable character options are...
Marcus
Short Round (pretty sure I want him)
Sallah
Jack Shannon (pretty sure I want him) (Books)

All will probably make an appearance, just want to know if you think they'd be good playable characters.

#2: One scene sets up nicely a confrontation between Indy and Marion & Willie. I read somewhere that this may be an Indy IV scene, so is it a good idea to put this scene in?

#3: Out of respect to Marcus, should I kill him?

Okay, thats all for now. I'll post more as they come to me.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Sounds good!
icon6.gif

IAdventurer01

AAAHHH! I forgot the biggest part of Question #1!

Revised Question #1:
Who should be playble characters in Spear of Destiny?

Marcus
Short Round
Jack Shannon
Sallah
HENRY JONES, SR.

IAdventurer01

Spear of Destiny Editor Call

As some of you may recall, I mentioned beginning a fan-work some time last year of a 3D RPG: Indiana Jones and the Spear of Destiny.

Um... yeah. THAT was a while ago, and nothing more truly got accomplished since then. :eek:

Now that my "development team" is a bit more organized, we acutally have a development process set. We have our sights set on a programmer (that would bring our staff up to 3 people :) )

Before the graphics and programming teams go to work however, we want a set script in place. While that job mostly fell to me (being the biggest Indy-fan we know personally) I want to ensure that dialouge and the overall feel of the game stays with the Indiana Jones atmosphere. To ensure this I am calling for any members of the board interested to help design a thorough script.

So, if interested, just leave a post here so the scripting team can be formed.

On another note, while all ideas will be considered, I will have the end say on what happens. In most instances, the majority vote will prevail if the group is split over a few ideas.

OK, I hope to hear back for many of you so that we can develop an Indy game with at least a script that challenges what the minds at Lucasarts can pull off. :whip:

Sounds great, but why getting in much trouble with 3d been able to use FOA graphics?? woulndt it be easier?? I say so because the rest of Indy Fan projects are going to use those or some similar, i speak of FOA 2, the fountain of youth..

Please could u answer my questions

thanks ;)

IAdventurer01

Well sure. The reason for it being 3D comes from my suckering ....err.... "convicing" of my friends to do this Indy project. :D

The general idea was to develop our own ideas as Role-Playing-Games: intricate combat systems and all. This being an ambitious preposition (and my being an avid Indy-fan) caused me to suggest that as soon as we hone our skills in development more by creating a high quality test-game of sorts. This game.

So in short: the reason why this project in in 3D is because it is practice for future projects more applicaple to the 3D engine.

The plan for Spear of Destiny is to have a simple adventure-based game with a very simple combat system. It will play out more like FOA, just be a 3D console-styled RPG. (for the PC)

Plus, while the other projects will hopefully be very good, I kinda want something to make this one stand out :D)

Last edited:
lol im just saying that there are a lot of other fan projects out there, and that whenever they come out its gonna be hard for one project to stand out, that project was supposed to be FOA 2 but well never know if it will come out ever... ;)

IAdventurer01

:confused: uh, not meaning to sound impatient (although in someways I am) :p I have seen very little interest in this topic.

I've finally got some time on my hands, so I'm ready to really starting working on this, but so far it looks like I'm going to get no help.
This is fine, I was just kind of hoping to include the whole board in the scripting process so the game would basically be "created by the Raven."

This is just curiosity speaking, but is there a reason this thread is doing poorly? Does my keyboard smell or something?

Pale Horse

Staff member
Indy Parise said:
Ah don't feel bad. I'm sure you'll get feedback. Now for a story board I could help out.

Story boarders are exceptional artists. The way they convey action is so fascinating.

IAdventurer01

Indy Parise said:
Ah don't feel bad. I'm sure you'll get feedback. Now for a story board I could help out.

Story Board, eh? Fine by me! :)

When the script advances a bit more, I can give you a couple scenes and let you help give ideas for cutscenes, etc.

IAdventurer01

Last Thread by this title from me, honest!

OK, update on the Crossed-gun Studios version of Indiana Jones and the Spear of Destiny. (Not the one that there is currently a demo available for download)

Unfortunately , my team was a little...abitious in our plans. Fear not, though, for the project has not been cancelled (although my partner is changing projects, I'll help him some and work on SOD as well). It will no longer be a 3D RPG. Rather, a high resolution 2D Action/Adventure Game. (Think Fate of Atlantis with Monkey Island 3's resolution of graphics.) That was just an important update I felt like bringing up.

(This thread will be where all future update of the project are posted)