Spear of Destiny

VP

Moderator Emeritus
1) No, I don't think so.
2) No, I don't think so.
3) No, I don't think so.

IAdventurer01

Ok, back to the reason for this thread.

Not really an update, though a real one should be coming soon...

I'm just curious what you think of the following Indy picture. Due to us not figuring out how to make a model smaller/larger when walking forwards/backwards, some of the game will have a bit more non-SCUMM style movement system. So, uh, here's what it will look like in those places.

Indy_Forward.png

I don't know. I think he's kinda cute this way. :D

EDIT: Hmm, the picture doesn't seem to be showing, so here's the link:
http://cgs.atspace.com/images/SOD/Indy_Forward.png

EDIT: Hmm, my web host hates me. Copy and paste the link to the picture into the bar-thing. You know what I'm talking about. :p

Last edited:

Indeed

Spear of Destiny Fangame

Hello,

Quite some time ago TwqPier started a FoAStyle Fangame, but he quit and vanished. He did put together a MakeYourOwnAdventureKit. (much like the old Indiana Java, does anybody know that?)

Anyway: I dug up the Kit. So if anyone wants to make an adventure Fate of
Atlantis Style: go ahead!
http://rapidshare.de/files/3886807/kit.exe.html

This is the story so far: (http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=6032&page=1&pp=15 )

TwqPier said:
About the story.
We decided not to first write a whole static script or story because we thought that It would be more fun and also more unpredictable if we let everything just ?find there way.? Therefor the ?how? is not yet decided.
We basically had something though, and that goes as I described in the mail I sent.

Indy is on this dig in Tikal (some sort of introduction or prologue as we like to call it) and here he finds this amulet with markings even he or Marcus can?t comprehend. So they go to Algiers, where Sallah knows some kind of ancient guy who can translate it. But Marcus has to go to a meeting of archeologist first (in Cadiz) so he is dropped of there. There is it where the Nazis kidnap Marcus and attempt to kill Jones. The Nazis are after this amazing amulet too, you know. So Marcus thinks Jones is dead. And he is in Cadiz, while he should be in Algiers, to find Sallah.(and might even have an encounter with Omar al-Jabbar). He gets to Algiers, by solving a puzzle to lure a cargo ship. (The part till here is mostly done, at least until Jones rises a flag to get the ships attention, have you played it till there yet, by the way???) Till here it is just an introduction and the real quest has yet to begin.

So when he is in Algiers, he first has to help Sallah with this dig, and then he is showed the way to the old man who translates the inscriptions. They are about some mythical SPEAR OF DESTINY, to whoever he who possesses it, will wield incredible power(and so on and so on).
Here you will have the choice of going into the desert with Sallah (not nessicary, but usefull if you would like to get all the IQ points( not implanted yet )) or immediately go and find the two pieces of the spear: the BLADE and the STAFF. The Blade is at the archives of the meeting in Cadiz. And the staff is just a stick with a certain height (another quest to find out to get this is not yet developed. Once you get all the pieces (hours of adventuring in deserts, jungles, warehouses and so on and so fort later) you will unlock the entrance of an ancient temple in India, constantly trying to keep an advantage over the Nazis, and of course in the process rescuing Marcus and get out of the hands of the Nazis as the captured you?.

Where we go from here, I leave up to you.

And of course you may add or delete anything you wish.

TwqPier

did you get the flag raised in our demo?????
Let me know at theRaven

Indeed

Well I liked it, especially the idea of making your own adventure. I tried with the SpearOfDestiny-kit, but I don´t have the time to look into it now. Maybe someone else has...

IAdventurer01

Just to let everybody know...

THIS PROJECT IS NOT DEAD! However, the race is on to see if Spear of Destiny beats out Indy IV. ;)

And to prove it is not dead... screenshots! No concept crap, real in-game screens. Woohoo! :D (however, revisions may be made :p )

SODscn_001.png

Look familiar? :rolleyes: The menu screen does, too.

SODscn_002.png

I've almost finalized the story and features, so speak now if you want to suggest any features to supplement the existing storyline. (characters, special events, etc.)

And VP: Currently, just Adventure Game Studio. It's pretty common for this type of thing.

Tom Jones

Wow the game looks like it could really be a lot of fun! ;)

How long have you guys been working this? I remember the demo that was released on the Indy Experience but that seems like so long ago?

VP

Moderator Emeritus
This one is completely different but with the same title. The TIE.c one has been dead for over two years.

Ahh, Caswell Hall. I still think that you should redraw the menu screen hat, but otherwise the game looks good. You could also work a bit on the verb and icon part, it's kinda dark now.

IndyBuff

This game looks great so far! This thread has been here for a long time and I guess I never noticed it before. I've certainly been missing out.:)

IAdventurer01

Indy said:
This game looks great so far! This thread has been here for a long time and I guess I never noticed it before. I've certainly been missing out.:)

You really haven't missed much. We get things done extremely slowly. :p

Finn

Staff member
VP said:
Ahh, Caswell Hall. I still think that you should redraw the menu screen hat, but otherwise the game looks good. You could also work a bit on the verb and icon part, it's kinda dark now.
I completely second this. The hat's ugly as hell, sorry to say.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Better, but it needs a tighter front pinch. Also Indy's skin looks like it's pink and that he's 14 years old. You could add some stubble.

IAdventurer01

First of all, I'd like to say that I love all of this advice. Thank you all for contributions so far.

Okay, will this work as an "older" looking Indy? Or should there be more/different changes?

IJstb.png

Finn

Staff member
Sorry to say, but he still looks like a kid. Make the jaw more square and the eyes smaller. And remove that anime glint from 'em.

BTW, I love the trademark scar however you've managed to implement in. I know it can barely be made out, but it's still there.