Raiders: The Adaptation Screenings

Joe Brody

Last night I headed over to my old stomping grounds and caught the Adaptation at the Brooklyn Underground Film Festival.

It was literally a standing room only crowd of mainly twenty-something film geeks. Now these were not fans coming out to see the ultimate homage to their favorite film (for example I don't think there was a single fedora in the place). These were people drawn (i) by the geek-cool factor, and (ii) a desire to see a film that is rightly acheiving real notoriety as the true example of guerilla filmmaking, junior-high grade.

For many, I think the Adaptation was a trip down memory lane that never was. But more than nostalgia, the film (and this sounds cheesy) is truly inspirational. It is the type of movie that makes you think, 'if these kids can accompish all this', then I should be able to [insert randam amibition here]. I know I went home charged up and ready to go.

Chris Strompolos and Eric Zala got a very long standing ovation at the end. I look forward to the Paramount film that's being scripted right now based on their experiences making the Adaptation.

Last edited:

anhichiban

Raiders:The Adaptation! Wanna see it in Southern California?

Hello Fellow Indy Fans!

This topic is part of a long and never ending quest to expose more people to "Raiders: The Adaptation". I first discovered the existence of the film a few years ago and have always wanted to see it. Unfortunately screenings come few and far between.

I have recently contacted Eric, one of the original filmmakers, and am currently working on possibly screening it at a local Orange County film festival. Because of its cult status, local film fest organizers are unsure if it will bring in enough viewers. That what this topic is for, if I can gauge the interest perhaps we can make it happen! Chris and Eric would most likely be in attendance, another rare treat.

I am sure most of you are aware of this film but I've included a link for more information for those who don't. I could really use your help! I don't know how many local Indy fans there are, but this is a good time to find out. =)

Also... spread the word to those who may not visit the board, haven't thought about Indy in a while because of his absence on the big screen, & anyone interested in film. We need to prove this film will fill a theater or more!

Raiders: The Adaptation

Last edited:

JRDspal

Yes, show "Raiders: The Adaptation" in So Calif. area in 06

This film was shown at the San Francisco Film Fest last Fall in 05. I have emailed the film's producers in hope of networking with them and seeing about a local So Calif. screening ASAP. I haven't heard back from them yet.

I was very happy there was suggestions of showing this film in an Orange County Film Fest. The LA area has many good film fests for feature and short length films like these in this area. Just look up film festivals in southern California.
Heck, yes, I would love to go and see this film homage.
JRDspal

anhichiban said:
Hello Fellow Indy Fans!

This topic is part of a long and never ending quest to expose more people to "Raiders: The Adaptation". I first discovered the existence of the film a few years ago and have always wanted to see it. Unfortunately screenings come few and far between.

I have recently contacted Eric, one of the original filmmakers, and am currently working on possibly screening it at a local Orange County film festival. Because of its cult status, local film fest organizers are unsure if it will bring in enough viewers. That what this topic is for, if I can gauge the interest perhaps we can make it happen! Chris and Eric would most likely be in attendance, another rare treat.

I am sure most of you are aware of this film but I've included a link for more information for those who don't. I could really use your help! I don't know how many local Indy fans there are, but this is a good time to find out. =)

Also... spread the word to those who may not visit the board, haven't thought about Indy in a while because of his absence on the big screen, & anyone interested in film. We need to prove this film will fill a theater or more!

Raiders: The Adaptation

anhichiban

Thanks JRDspal, but I'm actually working with a festival right now. It would probably show in Orange County if anything, I simply need to get them to realize there are people who want to see it.

I'm hoping for more comments, suggestions and encouragement. Bring people to this topic and post! =)

Garfeimao

Raiders: Adaptation screening in So Cal

Out of curiosity, is anyone here going to go see the Raiders of the Lost Ark: The Adaptation film screening at the Newport Beach Film Festival on April 24? Once I saw it listed in the program I did lots of internet searches and this site appears to support the project, but I can't see if anyone is actually planning to go.

Raiders Special Edition and Adaptation

I've been looking around a bit and saw that at one point there was supposed to be a Special edition of Raiders. Included with this they were talking about having the Adaptation DVD as well. The last time I could find this talked about was in late 05. Has anyone heard anything more about this? I'm not too keen on buying another DVD, but I would love to get a hold of the adaptation version.

How about an HD or Blue-Ray version? I'm sure sooner or later it will come out, though it seems right now only the newer movies come on in these formats.

How many people here have seen the adaptation, I don't think they've ever come to the DC area or I would have gone.

landslidepurist

Documentary about the Adaptation?

A friend of mine recently said he had seen a documentary abou the kids who made RotLA:TA. can anyone shed some light on this? Anyone know what it's called, who made it etc. if it does exist, that is?

Having seen the Adaptation, I would love to know more about it.

Thanks. :D

Mr. Fusion

If I could make a four hour drive to Athens, I would love to come. There was one in Knoxville, TN when I lived there. That was very convenient.:)

No Ticket

Is the only way to see it through screenings? You can't watch it online or download it somewhere? I want to see it, but the odds of it coming to a place near me where I can realistically go watch it are pretty slim I'd think.

azzrael

Eric Solo said:
There is a Raiders adaptation screening in Athens, GA on October 6th. Anyone going?
No man, I'm in the midwest, I'm going to the <a href="http://www.blackearthfilmfestival.org">Black Earth Film Festival</a> in Galesburg, Illinois. Can't wait to see "The Adaptation" on the big screen.

azzrael

No Ticket said:
Is the only way to see it through screenings? You can't watch it online or download it somewhere? I want to see it, but the odds of it coming to a place near me where I can realistically go watch it are pretty slim I'd think.

I am pretty sure the only way to see it is at a screening, and specifically at a not for profit ran festival/event.