Treasure of the Templars

Mike Dowswell

Cool!...I hope you guys are ok with me fiddling around with these stills...lol. I just see something and I want to make it better...though that gets subjective of course between individuals?

I have to say it?s a very nice website, and I will be checking out your site also dude. I?ve got to go out just now though. But will check that later on.

Deckard

This is the first Ive seen of this, but it looks really well executed. I look forward to seeing the entire work, once its finished.

Indy Smith

I fiddled with grading as well, but at the end of the day Jonathan will grade the movie, because the opening give minutes was graded and it looked awesome!

Dr.Sartorius

René Belloq said:
Yeah, but is the movie any good? After seeing the trailer I must admit that it doesn't do much for me.

I agree. I know its a fan film but couldn't someone who looks a little more like Harrison Ford been cast? After watching the trailer, it was apparent the actor playing Indy has zero screen presence. And I could barely understand one word he said during the entire trailer.

Mike Dowswell

Indy Smith said:
I fiddled with grading as well, but at the end of the day Jonathan will grade the movie, because the opening give minutes was graded and it looked awesome!

Just downloaded the first five minutes!...that is definitely graded yes. Looking very nice, maybe a tad contrasty here and there...but hell, I cannot talk...I find it a real nightmare deciding how far to push it with the curve, my mind literally goes insane with stuff like that??is it too dark?...is it too light?...oh crap!.. I?ve spent the last five years of my life tweaking this thing!...?

I just want to say that if the filmmakers want these taken down, by all means tell me to, I had a thought about it in the car last night and suddenly realised that its maybe not such a good thing in that, they aren?t real publicity shots, and that?s maybe not such a good thing...not sure.

Dude, just watched your short Darkness...man that has some awesome shots / sequences...the sort of surveillance stuff with slowed down frame rate at the start is very nicely synched to the sound (sound on the whole thing is great btw), and the bit where the character slips after getting out of the bath is very well done, you really feel the impact...and the time lapse photography of the sky + the dolly shots just after it are really great...very smooth!

Indy Smith

Mike Dowswell said:
Just downloaded the first five minutes!...that is definitely graded yes. Looking very nice, maybe a tad contrasty here and there...but hell, I cannot talk...I find it a real nightmare deciding how far to push it with the curve, my mind literally goes insane with stuff like that…“is it too dark?...is it too light?...oh crap!.. I’ve spent the last five years of my life tweaking this thing!...”

I just want to say that if the filmmakers want these taken down, by all means tell me to, I had a thought about it in the car last night and suddenly realised that its maybe not such a good thing in that, they aren’t real publicity shots, and that’s maybe not such a good thing...not sure.

I can't speak for the filmmakers, but if it was me and my film I'd be honoured to have someone want to help things, even if you already had it covered. You're right about grading. I am grading a short film of mine called Sandwich and well the lighting ine one scene is a bit inconsistent so I have problems. argh. thankfully it might just be at the start of the movie 8crosses fingers8 and that by the end people may forgive me for some inconsistencies :D

Dr.Sartorius said:
I agree. I know its a fan film but couldn't someone who looks a little more like Harrison Ford been cast? After watching the trailer, it was apparent the actor playing Indy has zero screen presence. And I could barely understand one word he said during the entire trailer.

Yeah, lets spend forever trying to find someone that looks like Ford, like they did with Young Indy? :)

ken is actually pretty good Indy and yes i's the first acting he's done, but hey i've seen acting from people who call themselves actors and it isn't half as good as the acting in this. Anyway, at he end of the day do you want to have fun watching a film or do you want to watch some great acting, but a crap movie? ideally a good balance is needed at the end of the day, but I wouldn't call Templars unwatchable.

Professor Jones

Hey guys, what's happened to this movie project? The site is still since a few months, when they were about to release the movie in may 2008. Now the forum has disappeared...

The_Raiders

Fans from around the globe have called this epic motion picture the ?true Indy 4.? (Thank you!) But because we are committed to only the best quality and entertainment value, we have been unable to complete the entire film by our May 22 deadline. However, in honor of our fans, here is the first action-packed 15 minutes! Enjoy - and be sure to let us know what you think.

I was watching the first 15 mins, and I noticed this, when it says they weren't able to finish by May 22, does that mean they aren't going to finish at all?

Lance Quazar

Dr.Sartorius said:

It's not so much looking like Indy as feeling like Indy.

And this actor, sadly, doesn't evoke the character at all. It's very difficult to step into a famous role, especially at the level of a fan film (even with good production values, as this has) and not be a disappointment.

Few manage to pull it off.

But take Jeffrey Quinn from star Trek new voyages. Doesn't look at all like Leonard Nimoy, but he "feels" like Spock. Granted, not everyone in that production does as good a job in standing in for their "real" counterparts.

Not to nitpick on his personal appearance (which is hardly fair), but he looks a little too skinny for Indy. When I first saw him, I honestly thought he was going to be a nerdy colleague, not actually Indy himself!

I agree, he doesn't seem to have much presence in the role, but Indy himself doesn't seem to be featured much in the trailer, anyway.

I think the actor playing the villain would have been a better choice, he seems like the strongest actor among them, from what little you can clean from the trailer.

There is some rough accent work from a few supporting characters.

On the plus side, the production values look great, some terrific costumes, props and locations. Not easy to pull off a period piece on a fan film budget, obviously, so kudos for that. It's hard to put a finger on the quality of the direction, given the rapid nature of the editing, so I'll hold forming any opinions based on the trailer.

The trailer doesn't really tease the story, I really don't know what it's about other than it involves the Templars and the baddie is someone Indy once hit with a pick axe.

Still, I think it's great an Indy fan film with this much care has been made and I will definitely check it out once completed.

IndyNovelsFan

Can't seem to load the last page of this thread-

I just found this today, and watched the first 12 minutes on YouTube-

Will we ever get to see the rest?

Jack

indyclone25

great movie , kinda got the feel of a young indiana jones movie , great action !! can't wait to see more of it .

lao che & sons

very great. But the script was weak. And I liked Crystal Skull so that's sayin' something!;) The footage was very beutiful and whoever directed has talent. But some things just didn't work. and some action was ver VERY bad:(

But the film was still impressive for an Indee(y) :hat: