Disappointed with the 3 3/4" scale!

At K-mart, I found the first wave of Raiders figures, including the Cargo truck. I did buy the set and brought them home. After spending a little time with them, I truly hate to admit that I am less than thrilled with the sculpts. After viewing what Corgi has done with the Golden Compass and Harry Potter, the Indy figures look?Well, cheap and generic at best. Don?t get me wrong, the packaging is nice and I Love the whole relic idea. I just can?t honestly say that I like these figures. I?m highly disappointed and I don?t think I?ll be collecting the whole series? :(

Madness! Just kidding, I honestly did not feel this way until I got them home and took a little time to look over them. It?s not something I planned?I just didn't / don?t feel the love?so to speak. Trust me, no one is more shocked than myself! I truly wish I didn?t feel this way. ?To thine own self be true

snake_surprise

Ok...I thought you would have looked at them closer before you brought the wallet out, but I would have done the same thing probably.

Seeing new Indy toys would be very tempting, quality level aside. Too bad they seem sort of blah. That was my main reaction after seeing the pics.

The ones from Last Crusade look great though...here's hoping ToD turns out good as well. Shame for Raiders...

My rule of thumb is buy first, debate later?You can always return something. However, if you pass something up and later change your mind...your boned! Case in point - G. I. Joe wave 1...

I came across a huge Joe end cap at a KB toy store when the figures first came out. They had dozens of the Snake eyes with the black timber wolf. I wasn?t sure if I was going to collect them so I passed on the set (including Snake eyes) Long store short, I did start collecting them and now there is no way I can pay for one (They're around $110...Yeah!) So, I always buy first and save the receipt.

I do think I?ll keep the Cargo truck and one or two of the Indys?..I?m not swearing off all the figures, I?m just not doing the whole series thing?Your right about the Last Crusade stuff. I will at least be getting the young Indy and Henry Sr.

Well what did you expect from Hasbro? These are "updates" of the original Kenner line ala Star Wars. They are using the original Kenner mold for the Desert Convoy Truck repainted with a few modifications. The figures themselves are better than the original vintage ones, again like Star Wars. At least they are better than the overly generic, non-articulate Disney figures. Indy looked like he had Down's Syndrome. :D

The_Raiders

i'm not a stickler really about the figures, I love them now and I don't even own any yet :p (yes I have looked closly at the pics:rolleyes: ) and I'm pleased with what I see. But everyone has a right to their opinion. :hat:

LOL....
Yeah, I guess I?ve been spoiled by NECA and others?
I?d love to see something more in line with the other Disney exclusive
The Gentle Giant figure was, in my opinion, such a nice step forward.

bgiles73

The only problem I have with that Raiders Indy is the big eyes, and maybe the huge holster. It looks like he should be carrying a blow dryer in there!:gun: I haven't been able to buy any yet,( came close but Wal-Mart's computers rang up Unable To Sale) so I'll reserve judgment until I have a set at home.

I went to Target today and had Guest Services do a DPCI lookup and they all said they have a location hold until May 4. Also the Wal-Marts should have a DO NOT SELL inventory hold in their computer so even if a stockroom lackey puts them on the sales floor by accident you will not be able to ring them up at checkout. Apparently some have found them at Walmart and did not have the inventory snafu. I wouldn't want to buy them from K-Mart because they will charge about $2-3 more on their figures anyway. I have the first 3 waves on order from IJS so I figure it beats paying high gas prices driving all over town.

RelicHunter

Agent Spalko said:
I went to Target today and had Guest Services do a DPCI lookup and they all said they have a location hold until May 4. Also the Wal-Marts should have a DO NOT SELL inventory hold in their computer so even if a stockroom lackey puts them on the sales floor by accident you will not be able to ring them up at checkout. Apparently some have found them at Walmart and did not have the inventory snafu. I wouldn't want to buy them from K-Mart because they will charge about $2-3 more on their figures anyway. I have the first 3 waves on order from IJS so I figure it beats paying high gas prices driving all over town.

**ck Target. I am so fed up with that stores BullSh**.

Eric Solo

bgiles73 said:
The only problem I have with that Raiders Indy is the big eyes, and maybe the huge holster. It looks like he should be carrying a blow dryer in there!:gun: I haven't been able to buy any yet,( came close but Wal-Mart's computers rang up Unable To Sale) so I'll reserve judgment until I have a set at home.

LMAO @ blow dryer.

tnswman

BenderJones said:
At K-mart, I found the first wave of Raiders figures, including the Cargo truck. I did buy the set and brought them home. After spending a little time with them, I truly hate to admit that I am less than thrilled with the sculpts. After viewing what Corgi has done with the Golden Compass and Harry Potter, the Indy figures look?Well, cheap and generic at best. Don?t get me wrong, the packaging is nice and I Love the whole relic idea. I just can?t honestly say that I like these figures. I?m highly disappointed and I don?t think I?ll be collecting the whole series? :(

You are foolish to give up after the 1st wave...the KOTCS Indy uses the SAME tech as the Golden compass figures THUS ...YOU GET A FIGURE THAT LOOKS LIKE A 65 year old Harrison Ford.. NOT HAN SOLO or Indy from ROTLA.

Go over to the New aquisitions thread and look at all of the pictures I have posted the last two weeks of all the figures.

tnswman

Agent Spalko said:
Well what did you expect from Hasbro? These are "updates" of the original Kenner line ala Star Wars. They are using the original Kenner mold for the Desert Convoy Truck repainted with a few modifications. The figures themselves are better than the original vintage ones, again like Star Wars. At least they are better than the overly generic, non-articulate Disney figures. Indy looked like he had Down's Syndrome. :D

DON'T Bash the Disney figures on here bub...Those figures got us through a LOOOONG dry spell and the ydemand respect for wha tthey were...The ywill always be some of my most favorite figures...And if you don't know about my collection.. I have a LOT of figures to choose from LOL!

tnswman

bgiles73 said:

If you would read the New Aquisition thread.. You would see that the ROTLA Indy has been Corrected with better paint apps on the face.. Looking MUCH more like Harrison.. These revisions are on LATER packed figures.. I got a case of the newer figures at k-mart and BOTH Indy's were fixed......There are pics on the other thread.

tnswman

Agent Spalko said:

Uhhhh K-Mart is less than $1 more.

tnswman said:
Uhhhh K-Mart is less than $1 more.

Really? My K-Mart has them marked at $8.99. Walmart has them @ $6.49. :p

tnswman said:
DON'T Bash the Disney figures on here bub...Those figures got us through a LOOOONG dry spell and the ydemand respect for wha tthey were...The ywill always be some of my most favorite figures...And if you don't know about my collection.. I have a LOT of figures to choose from LOL!

They may have been the only figures since Kenner and LJN but looked VERY generic. Marion looked nothing like Marion and had a breast size that rivaled Dolly Parton. The Cairo Swordsman looked like Jafar from Aladdin. The German Mechanic couldn't even hold is trademarked wrench and the first Indy looked like a hobo with Down's Syndrome and the second Indy (better) looked like David Duchovny. I'll take the new Hasbro figures over Disney any time.

tnswman,
If you read my other post, you'll see that I'm not swearing off the figures, I'm just not going to invest a lot into them. As for the sculpts, I hope they get better...I still think they look very VERY generic. As for the "Looking MUCH more like Harrison" I could not disagree more. Indy looks like a Hobo...I don't know whether he's looking for the Ark or a Job...I just think we have waited over 20 years for new Indiana Jones figures (Yes, I"M THAT OLD :D ) and what we getting is at best, okay. Don't you deserve more than that? I know I do...