AFI's "100 Years"... airs Tuesday, June 3

Indy4ever

on CBS. "Heroes and Villains" will air on your local CBS affiliate (US).

Enjoy! (Looks quite interesting, so tune in!)

00Kevin

Indyfan
haha! thanks for the tip-off

*prays* INDY INDY INDY INDY :D

it will be a good tuesday, now that 24's gone I have a the bond DVD and AFI on that day!!1 YAHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

swords

Amazing, I didn't think Indy would get first place.

Good to see Neo in sixth.

Odd, even though he's not American you would think Bond would have faired better. He's pretty low on the list, its almost insulting considering his popularity.

Of course Vader wins ALL the time, it makes you wonder if these voters know theres more to life than Star Wars. Bruno Antony pretty much set the trend for all psychopathic killers, he should have been up there. I was searching for his name and I was disappointed he was sooooo far below.

At least Hannibal's in second...

Indy Smith

Being a Scotsman I can't remember if I voted for William Wallace, but I doubt I did because I never saw him as a hero, but more of a Warrior Patriot so...prolly Indy I voted for.

I voted for Darth Vader, but surprisingy I never had an option for him I had to write his name in as option "Other"

00Kevin

Indyfan
yeah, one of my friends said he thoght wallac should get it

I saw indy.....

a few updates:

T.E. Lawrence get #10 for heroes
the guy from It's a wonderful life got 9
rocky got 7
thet's where we are now

anyone watching it now???

indy, bond, vader, luke all still in the running......

00Kevin

Indyfan
wicked (SP?) witch got villians #4

only 3 heros spots left, no sign of jack ryan, james bond, indiana jones, john mcclane, neo........

3 villains to go...still no ernst stavlo blofeld, vader, palpetine, capone.....

00Kevin

Indyfan
what a bunch of (enter words not to be heard by children)

awww!!! BOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

vader #3???
bond 3????
indy 2?????

WHAT THE HECK?!?!?!?! vader should be 1!! bond2!! indy 1!!!!

okay, well, psycho dude got 2

bahhh!!!

#1's coming next
whose left??

hannible (SP?) silence of the lambs dude villains #1

this SUX, how can they put them in from of vader........bloody AFI...bahh!

00Kevin

Indyfan
Atticus bloody finch #1

a great charactor, but I would never give him #1

where is blofeld??? where is luke skywalker?? where is john McClane????? bahhhh, I understand they are expects, but I am VERY dissapointed with their picks.........but that's just me

BUT HOW CAN ATTICUS FINCH BEAT BOTH BOND AND INDY?!?!?!?!?!?!

bahhh, okay, I'm done with my wineing.......................bloody AFI, it was so bloody fixed......okay I'm done........

swords

Yes! Vader got robbed! Bloody brilliant!;)

The way it is supposed to be. Hannibal killed the competition, thats great. He's a lot more scarier than Vader.

However: Where was Neo? It goes to show you old people were mostly voting, and the guy from Mocking Bird for first place? Great story, but still.

It should have been a man of action...

Genevieve

I really cant believe that indy fell behind the guy from "To Kill a Mockingbird" but I must admit, I was getting a bit nervous as they got down to three heroes. Did anyone else notice that harrison ford didnt seem as affectionate toward his role as indy in his description as say his role as hans solo?

DrJones56

IndyFan
Genevieve said:
I really cant believe that indy fell behind the guy from "To Kill a Mockingbird" but I must admit, I was getting a bit nervous as they got down to three heroes. Did anyone else notice that harrison ford didnt seem as affectionate toward his role as indy in his description as say his role as hans solo?

Look at Andy Grifith. Ford is seen by fans as Indy more than Solo (my guess that is) so he can get sick of it. He likes the role, but like Andy, he doesn't want to BE Indiana Jones (That is, Grifith is seen as Andy Taylor), which is what people see him as.

OR it could be he's just being the humble reluctant hero we all know and love. :D

00Kevin

Indyfan
as for the ordering:

I think they were trying to please everyone by having 1 of everything......

and they try to end it on a happy note: "Intellectuals are the best heros" trying to end it on a happy peaceful note, was a shame, it was a VERY dissapointing evening

and what the heck?!?!?!?!? NO JOHN MCCLANE??? NO NEO??? NO LUKE SKYWALKER???

lawrence and rocky not in top 5???? beat by finch?!?!?!?

this suxed, I could have done better

afi experts, aka gay experts, we came up with another name, but it's not appropreate for children

I think I'm ganna be sick....... this sickens me.....^$%&$@&#^@&@&%^%&#^$#^$^&^^$^#@%^%@^ Atticus finch....bahh!

DrJones56

IndyFan
Kev,

These are the same people who list Raiders of the Lost Ark at #60 in the 100 greatest films of all time.

But people at IMDB, the FANS, the people who make the movies so, list it at #16! You get the smarty-pants hollywood know-it-alls and they take the artsy way out.

I wouldn't worry too much, they're just like the academy, I mean, who won best costume in 1981? Chariots of Fire, my God, how can white shorts and shirts beat out Indy's gear huh? Goes to show where these 'expert's' priorities are, and where their heads are.

Arclam

No Michael Myers. That list does have a few problems. Luke Skywalker being the most dissapointing.

And they gave Raiders #10 not #60 on the top movie list.

Indy Smith

Who's Atticus Finch when eh's at home? Some hero if I aint even heard of him. Damn Wallace should have been higher than that bloke.

spohlso

I think Atticus Finch winning is one of the coolest things to have happened in years!! I can't think of anyone better for Indy to have to come in second to!

Don't get me wrong, I love Indy and I think he's great, but Atticus is WAAAAY more of a hero than Indy. Indy fought with his fists, guns and a whip. Finch only used his intelligence. Indy fought against one dimensional bad guys and supernatural spirit types. Atticus fought against injustice, ignorance, racism and intolerance.

In the end, it's apples and oranges, but I for one couldn't be happier with the results.

DrJones56

IndyFan
Arclam said:
No Michael Myers. That list does have a few problems. Luke Skywalker being the most dissapointing.

And they gave Raiders #10 not #60 on the top movie list.

That's top ten Action movies, I'm talking about all time movies.