Temple of the Forbidden Eye 10th Anniversary

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
VP said:
Just curious. I'm 17.

Since you've posted your age then I'll admit mine. I just so happen to be 17. Born 08/08/1988 at 800 hours!:whip: Seriously!!

Oh and Finn thanks for compliment. I'm usually told that I act too serious for my age.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Its a sign of maturity...back on topic.

I was out in California earlier this month for four days and was able to swing by the "Happiest Place on Earth". There was an "e-stop" on the ride and I spent about ten minutes in complete darkness (right before the falling rats) and about five in front of the blow darts, and then nearly fifteen minutes below Indy and the boulder. We were all pissed because while the car was halted it kept moving around like a crazed bronco.

All we got was an apology...not even an offer to re-ride.:(

I've ridden that ride more times than I can remember (fifteen in one day, once). However, I've never been stuck for sooooo looooong.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Aaron H said:
Its a sign of maturity...back on topic.

I was out in California earlier this month for four days and was able to swing by the "Happiest Place on Earth". There was an "e-stop" on the ride and I spent about ten minutes in complete darkness (right before the falling rats) and about five in front of the blow darts, and then nearly fifteen minutes below Indy and the boulder. We were all pissed because while the car was halted it kept moving around like a crazed bronco.

All we got was an apology...not even an offer to re-ride.:(

I've ridden that ride more times than I can remember (fifteen in one day, once). However, I've never been stuck for sooooo looooong.

Not even an offer to re-ride? So much for the being the "happiest place on Earth". If that had happened at Warner Bros Movie World (that's only a hour from where I live) they'd offer a re-ride and maybe a bit of merchandise.

roundshort

Violet Indy said:
Not even an offer to re-ride? So much for the being the "happiest place on Earth". If that had happened at Warner Bros Movie World (that's only a hour from where I live) they'd offer a re-ride and maybe a bit of merchandise.

Kid you have a lot to learn form the house of mouse. They don't give nothing, no body, no way. You can get these little gold pins to wear if you know someone. They let you go to Club "33" and to front of all the lines, but other than that, you have to get killed or hurt to get soemthing from Disney. It is a great ride though!

indifan101

Now that's what I call a great ride! I wish they would make another one in Disney World. One of my favorite rides at DisneyLand!:D

roundshort

indifan101 said:
Now that's what I call a great ride! I wish they would make another one in Disney World. One of my favorite rides at DisneyLand!:D

It is the greatest. It is nice to know that if you are by yourself, you can go in the exit, and usually have to wait 2 to 5 minutes to get a ride!

Canyon

I was lucky enough to get to go on this ride on last years QM summit.

What can I say? It's the best ride I've ever been on! :whip:

indifan101

Thanks for this info Junior! That would be awsome if they set up another Indiana Jones thrill ride in Adventureland! Disney World needs one!

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I don't suppose anyone can tell me if the end of the ride is a fall or a slide down. The article on the Raider.Net wasn't exactly clear on that. It read as if it's a verticle fall. And do you fall backwards at all, coz there's the Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster at Warner Bros down here, and you fall backwards seven stories without being warned. My Dad almost got :sick: ! I must at admit I didn't :sick: but I did feel a little queasy afterwards.

IndyBuff

Violet Indy said:
I don't suppose anyone can tell me if the end of the ride is a fall or a slide down. The article on the Raider.Net wasn't exactly clear on that. It read as if it's a verticle fall. And do you fall backwards at all, coz there's the Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster at Warner Bros down here, and you fall backwards seven stories without being warned. My Dad almost got :sick: ! I must at admit I didn't :sick: but I did feel a little queasy afterwards.

The part at the end is simply a small dip underneath the boulder and the drop isn't very big. There's also no part where you go backwards very fast or anything of that nature. You get jerked around quite a bit but it's not too bad at all. The Dinosaur ride at Disney World uses the same style of ride and it's much more violent and crazy than the Indy ride is.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Thanks, Indy. :whip: I just wanted to be sure that's all. For my family's sake.... Sounds like the rides they have in Australia are more hardcore.

epicbadguy

Recently, George Lucas stopped by Epic (Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular). He said that they are in pre-production on Indy 4. That got my tiny mind reeling. We could have an Indiana Jones event in the three Disney parks with Indy rides in much the same style
as Star Wars Weekends. I suggested that we start planning right now for the '07 premeire of Indy 4. They are doing so well with Star Wars Weekends. With Indiana Jones in three of our parks, it could be a signifigant event! I am certain that Indy fans are every bit as enthused and motivated as the Star Wars fans. Next time you attend the parks, drop by the Guest Relations office and submit your suggestion to that effect.
The BAD GUY!

HarrisonFordatEpicReduced.jpg

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
That's awesome, epicbadguy!!!:whip: Unfortunately, I'm not going to Disneyworld on this trip. I'm going to Disneyland, Anaheim... Coz we couldn't afford Disneyworld:( . But, hey I get to go to Unviersal Studios Hollywood, all around LA, I get to see the Spruce Goose, the Queen Mary and also am going to Las Vegas, so it's all good.
Really awesome photo too!!!! Damn I'm jealous... Btw, I got through to auditions phase at the Australian themepark today. I'm one of nine people who got through, which is awesome.

epicbadguy

Kick ASS Babe!
Tell me how you do.
I worked with a bunch of Aussies in Japan. I did the Viking Stunt Show in Porto Europa at Wakayama Marina City. Those blokes definately know how to tear things up!

The BAD GUY!

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I did my best.... Didn't get through to the last interview phase..... They gave to people who had already worked at other theme parks before...:( . Plus I'm only seventeen, everyone else was twenty and over. Oh well, I guess I'll have to go begging to Pizza Hut again, I'm on their call back list. There's just people ahead of me that's all. I've been trying to get part time jobs every where doing the best I can, I still am stuck at square one. Sorry for my hang-ups....