Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Young Indiana Jones Chronicles
User Name
Password

Old 11-02-2009, 03:14 AM   #151
Stoo
IndyFan

Tash,

Re: Letter to McNeely
According to LM, he *thinks* it was uncomissioned but is not sure. Before even attempting to ask McNeely about this, it would probably be better to communicate with LM, himself, to feel out the situation first. (He did supply his e-mail on the IndyCast for any questions/comments.)

Rocket Surgeon also sent me a tiny bit more info from LM about the track last week and I forgot to mention it. He said that it was not better nor worse than the orginal, just different. He edited it to the credits to show George but it didn't really work with the bird sound effects, which GL liked.

Re: Cover artwork
YES! I would love to do some. Great idea! 2 Volumes would be better, I think. (Down the road we could possibly get more for a Volume 3...) Would it be called "Unreleased Tracks", though, since they sort of aren't unreleased? That said, I can't think of a better title. Personally, my preference would be having the music chronologically so I'd put Trenches/Ogagna/Austria on 1 and the remainder on the the other with the miscellaneous tracks slotted into their appropriate places. (But that's just me.) Let me know when you decide on an order but it might be a little too earlier considering not all the tracks have been fully identified yet. For tracks that contain pieces from more than one epsiode, these should be split up, no?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fommes
Hmm, I don't seem to have 'Bgaudio' - is that part of a new pack of files?
Were you able to extract this or do you still need it? (I'm still missing RA_CAIROSTREETS_A_ACT). Received the mix of "Truck Flight - Biplane Escape" and it's brilliant! Sweet editing.
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:04 AM   #152
fommes
IndyFan

You're welcome, thanks for the compliment. I'll gladly do any mixing you want me to do - since you guys already did all the difficult work!

I don't have that bgaudio yet, no, where should I extract it? I don't have that Cairostreets file as OGG either, but I should have it on MP3. Is there actually unreleased music in it?
fommes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 12:04 PM   #153
Stoo
IndyFan

You're right. Forget about RA_CAIROSTREETS_A_ACT because it's an edit of released stuff. Thanks anyway, Tash!

For your "Truck/Biplane Escape" mix, the only way to make it flow more consistently would be to dumb down the stereo parts but that would mean losing the good sound. I can still enjoy as it is (until something better comes along)!
Old 11-06-2009, 09:47 PM   #154
InexorableTash
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo
YES! I would love to do some. Great idea! 2 Volumes would be better, I think. (Down the road we could possibly get more for a Volume 3...)

Fingers crossed for LEGO Indy 2! 10 days and counting...

Quote:
Would it be called "Unreleased Tracks", though, since they sort of aren't unreleased? That said, I can't think of a better title.

Well, we could call 'em "Vol 6" and "Vol 7" and so forth.

Quote:
Personally, my preference would be having the music chronologically so I'd put Trenches/Ogagna/Austria on 1 and the remainder on the the other with the miscellaneous tracks slotted into their appropriate places. (But that's just me.) Let me know when you decide on an order but it might be a little too earlier considering not all the tracks have been fully identified yet.

Wouldn't that be Trenches/Oganga/Hawkmen, then Austria/Russia/Barcelona/Praugue/Daredevils/Peacock? That's a pretty good breakup anyway, with the first one having strong military/adventure themes, the second being a wider mix.

FYI, here's how I have my "Unreleased Tracks" playlist organized in iTunes - basically, everything not on OST Vol1-4 or the Masks of Evil "Vol 5" that we've positively identified, listed as Track/Album:

Young Indiana Jones Fanfare / Mexico 1916
Out to See the Monuments (Egypt 1908) / My First Adventure
Attraction is a Law of Physics (Florence 1908) / The Perils of Cupid
Indian Rules (India 1910) / Journey of Radiance
DVD Credits (Journey of Radiance) / Journey of Radiance
Tolstoy Among the People (Travels with Father) / Travels with Father
Pancho Villa's Camp (Mexico 1916) / Mexico 1916
Book Fight / Lt. Moreau Takes Command (Somme 1916) / The Trenches of Hell
Advance to the German Lines (Somme 1916) / The Trenches of Hell
Flames of Horror (Somme 1916) / The Trenches of Hell
Tunnel / Behind the German Lines (Somme 1916) / The Trenches of Hell
Now's Our Chance (Germany 1916) / The Trenches of Hell
Run! (Germany 1916) / The Trenches of Hell
Painful Lessons (Germany 1916) / The Trenches of Hell
Let's Bury Some Stiffs (Germany 1916) / The Trenches of Hell
Do Any of You Speak German? (Verdun 1916) / Demons of Deception
Return from the Mission (Verdun 1916) / Demons of Deception
A Stray Bullet (German East Africa 1916) / Oganga, the Giver and Taker of Life
It's Treason, Segeant! (German East Africa 1916) / Oganga, the Giver and Taker of Life
500 Miles Down River (German East Africa 1916) / Oganga, the Giver and Taker of Life
Bee Sting / Dutch Boy (Congo 1917) / Oganga, the Giver and Taker of Life
Our Situation is Desperate (Congo 1917) / Oganga, the Giver and Taker of Life
Delirious Indy (Congo 1917) / Oganga, the Giver and Taker of Life
My Name is Albert (Congo 1917) / Oganga, the Giver and Taker of Life
The Chief's Son is Dying (Congo 1917) / Oganga, the Giver and Taker of Life
Waving Goodbye (Congo 1917) / Oganga, the Giver and Taker of Life
Ronstand's River Arrest (Congo 1917) / Oganga, the Giver and Taker of Life
Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring (Congo 1917) / Oganga, the Giver and Taker of Life
This Will Never Work (Ravenelle 1917) / Attack of the Hawkmen
Photographic Session (Ravenelle 1917) / Attack of the Hawkmen
Indy's First Dogfight (Ravenelle 1917) / Attack of the Hawkmen
Welcome to Germany (Ravenelle 1917) / Attack of the Hawkmen
Richthofen's Prisoners (Ravenelle 1917) / Attack of the Hawkmen
Truck Fight and Biplane Escape [Mixed] (Ravenelle 1917) / Attack of the Hawkmen
Truck Fight and Biplane Escape (Ravenelle 1917) / Attack of the Hawkmen
Truck Fight and Biplane Escape [Extended] (Ravenelle 1917) / Attack of the Hawkmen
Off to Paris (Garryowen) (Ravenelle 1917) / Attack of the Hawkmen
Dogfight with the Red Baron (Ravenelle 1917) / Attack of the Hawkmen
Out of Danger (Ravenelle 1917) / Attack of the Hawkmen
Arrival in Hanover (Ahlhorn 1917) / Attack of the Hawkmen
Serving Schnapps / The Camera (Ahlhorn 1917) / Attack of the Hawkmen
Note in Pocket (Ahlhorn 1917) / Attack of the Hawkmen
Ran Into Some Trouble (Ahlhorn 1917) / Attack of the Hawkmen
Get One Thing Straight (Austria 1917) / Adventures in the Secret Service
Arriving at the Swiss/Austrian Border (Austria 1917) / Adventures in the Secret Service
Sixtus' Papers (Austria 1917) / Adventures in the Secret Service
Mistaken for Someone Else (Austria 1917) / Adventures in the Secret Service
Wrong Compartment (Austria 1917) / Adventures in the Secret Service
Friends of Frederic (Austria 1917) / Adventures in the Secret Service
Mr. Max (Austria 1917) / Adventures in the Secret Service
To the Dungeon (Austria 1917) / Adventures in the Secret Service
The Bridges of Saint Petersburg (Russia 1917) / Adventures in the Secret Service
Bistro Guitar (Barcelona 1917) / Espionage Escapades
The Contessa (Alternate) (Barcelona 1917) / Espionage Escapades
A Train to Catch (Prague 1917) / Espionage Escapades
The Amazing Flight of the Filing Cabinet (Prague 1917) / Espionage Escapades
Assault on Gaza / Daredevils of the Desert
Deception Chase / Daredevils of the Desert
Talking with Ned and More / Daredevils of the Desert
Gaza or Beersheba? / Daredevils of the Desert
Desert Brigands / Daredevils of the Desert
A Trader in Fine Goods / Daredevils of the Desert
Bit of a Gallop / First One Over the Trench Wins / Daredevils of the Desert
Re-Wiring the Wells / Final Showdown / Daredevils of the Desert
DVD Credits (Tales of Innocence) / Tales of Innocence
The Letter (Extended) / Treasure of the Peacock's Eye
Stories Concerning Antiquities / Treasure of the Peacock's Eye
Goodbye For Now / Treasure of the Peacock's Eye
Finding the Treasure (Part 1) / Treasure of the Peacock's Eye
Finding the Treasure (Part 2) / Treasure of the Peacock's Eye
Our Diamond is Getting Away / Treasure of the Peacock's Eye
Faraway / Treasure of the Peacock's Eye
It Stops Here / Treasure of the Peacock's Eye
The Future is Here / The Winds of Change
DVD Credits (Mystery of the Blues) / Mystery of the Blues
Chariot Race / The Hollywood Follies
Broadway To Hollywood / The Hollywood Follies
Indy, Let's Go! / The Hollywood Follies

* I have the "movie" name as the album, generally.
* I've also plunked the version of the fanfare from the Spring Break credits as the first track, much like OST Vol 1-2
* I have the DVD credits in there even when not identified in the episode itself, but not the Broadcast credits (just haven't done that yet).

Quote:
For tracks that contain pieces from more than one epsiode, these should be split up, no?

As you can see from the above, I've generally split the tracks up with fades. Thus far I've left Daredevils alone, since we don't have the episode timings and despite the redundancy they sound pretty good as-is.

Re: the covers - Indy running across the top of the train at the end of Austria would make a perfect bottom edge to one of the CD collages.
InexorableTash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 10:35 AM   #155
Junior Jones
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by InexorableTash
FYI, here's how I have my "Unreleased Tracks" playlist organized in iTunes...

Good Grief! I knew I was missing a few tracks, but I didn't realize there were this many!

Are most of these extracted from LEGO Indiana Jones? I've followed the conversation here and checked out the Google Spreadsheet, but I'm not very tech-savvy so I haven't tried to join in. (Besides that, I've only got the PS2 version. Is it even possible to extract audio files from that?)

If any of these "Unreleased Tracks" are not from LEGO Indy, where are they from? And how can I obtain a copy for myself?

Phil
Junior Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 06:06 PM   #156
Stoo
IndyFan

Quote:
Well, we could call 'em "Vol 6" and "Vol 7" and so forth.

Wouldn't that be Trenches/Oganga/Hawkmen, then Austria/Russia/Barcelona/Praugue/Daredevils/Peacock? That's a pretty good breakup anyway, with the first one having strong military/adventure themes, the second being a wider mix.
Yes, absolutely. That is a much better division and I'm all for it. As for naming them Volumes 6 and 7, that is a perfect solution.
Quote:
FYI, here's how I have my "Unreleased Tracks" playlist organized in iTunes - basically, everything not on OST Vol1-4 or the Masks of Evil "Vol 5" that we've positively identified, listed as Track/Album:
WOW! Holy Moses, that is a heck of a lot of tracks and I thank you for organizing it all. Good stuff, Tash!
Quote:
* I've also plunked the version of the fanfare from the Spring Break credits as the first track, much like OST Vol 1-2
* I have the DVD credits in there even when not identified in the episode itself, but not the Broadcast credits (just haven't done that yet).
I like the fact that you put the fanfare at the beginning of your "setlist". The inclusion of all the credit tracks is going to make it even longer!
Quote:
As you can see from the above, I've generally split the tracks up with fades. Thus far I've left Daredevils alone, since we don't have the episode timings and despite the redundancy they sound pretty good as-is.
We don't have the episode timings?
Quote:
Re: the covers - Indy running across the top of the train at the end of Austria would make a perfect bottom edge to one of the CD collages.
Nice. We're on the same "track"!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Jones
Good Grief! I knew I was missing a few tracks, but I didn't realize there were this many!

Are most of these extracted from LEGO Indiana Jones? I've followed the conversation here and checked out the Google Spreadsheet, but I'm not very tech-savvy so I haven't tried to join in. (Besides that, I've only got the PS2 version. Is it even possible to extract audio files from that?)

If any of these "Unreleased Tracks" are not from LEGO Indy, where are they from? And how can I obtain a copy for myself?
Tash has provided instructions/guides to obtaining them in this thread (& on the spreadsheet) but if you're unable, then by hook or by crook, they'll be provided to you, Junior.
Old 11-12-2009, 09:52 PM   #157
InexorableTash
IndyFan

Quote:
WOW! Holy Moses, that is a heck of a lot of tracks

Yeah, it was a bit of a shock to see it like that for me as well. It puts the list of remaining tracks to ID in perspective. (Although they may be trickier than the rest!)

Quote:
We don't have the episode timings?

You've identified the Daredevils scenes - they were the first from LEGO Star Wars that you positively ID'd - but we don't have the actual DVD time indexes recorded as we do for the other tracks.

Quote:
Tash has provided instructions/guides to obtaining them in this thread (& on the spreadsheet) but if you're unable, then by hook or by crook, they'll be provided to you, Junior.

I have a Google Doc which outlines the sources for all of these tracks and how to extract them. It references other sources (including Google spreadsheets and this thread) in some cases, but the goal is to evolve that into the canonical reference.
http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AS...2bXZjaGQ&hl=en

Feedback is appreciated! As are offers to help...
Old 11-12-2009, 11:13 PM   #158
Junior Jones
IndyFan

Quote:

Okay, I have the OST's and I've already aquired the promotional releases. I've extracted what I can from the DVD's (though I had problems with a few files). It looks like most of what I'm missing is from LEGO Indy. Since I only have the PS2 version of that, any help would be appreciated. You guys rock!
Old 11-18-2009, 02:58 PM   #159
InexorableTash
IndyFan

Looks like someone has been working in parallel to our efforts, albeit not as far along:

http://totallyradicalsoundtrax.blogs...cles-1992.html

The writer took Rosenthal's promo tracks, Sobel promo tracks, the Mexico 1916 segment, an audio rip from Scandal and put together his own Vol 5 (with covert art!). Nothing we haven't run across (I think I mentioned possible Scandal rips before...) but it's nice to know we're not alone.

I commented and invited the author over this way...
Old 11-19-2009, 01:16 PM   #160
Junior Jones
IndyFan

Quote:
Looks like someone has been working in parallel to our efforts, albeit not as far along:

Yeah, that's where I found my copy of the Transylvania soundtrack, although track #15 - "Ice Room" is corrupted. Anybody know of another source?

Phil
Old 11-19-2009, 01:57 PM   #161
indy dave
IndyFan

Hi Junior ..

Winrar & Explorer weren't working for me either.

I was able to get it by using an old verison of pkunzip.exe from the command line. It still said it was corrupted, but it extracted anyways.
indy dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 04:22 PM   #162
T.E.Lawrence
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by indy dave
Hi Junior ..

Winrar & Explorer weren't working for me either.

I was able to get it by using an old verison of pkunzip.exe from the command line. It still said it was corrupted, but it extracted anyways.

Ok this is the magic trick.

Open WINRAR.

Browse to the archived file.

Open it.

Mark track 15.

Before you extract it be sure to check the square "KEEP BROKEN FILES".

Chose the folder for extraction.

Extract it!

Happy Listening

Tash, thank you so much for this wonderful find.
Just listening - altought the sources are known it is nice to have another compilation.
T.E.Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 12:23 PM   #163
Stoo
IndyFan

Quote:

The writer took Rosenthal's promo tracks, Sobel promo tracks, the Mexico 1916 segment, an audio rip from Scandal and put together his own Vol 5 (with covert art!). Nothing we haven't run across (I think I mentioned possible Scandal rips before...) but it's nice to know we're not alone.

I commented and invited the author over this way...
Hope the person finds this thread. He/she will be shocked, I think. Maybe you did mention the "Scandal" tracks but you can refresh my memory, please? I see he has:

25. Jennifer Stevens - Finale (Scandal of 1920)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Jones
Okay, I have the OST's and I've already aquired the promotional releases. I've extracted what I can from the DVD's (though I had problems with a few files). It looks like most of what I'm missing is from LEGO Indy. Since I only have the PS2 version of that, any help would be appreciated. You guys rock!
Sent you the .ZIP file last week. Did you get it?
Old 11-21-2009, 02:06 PM   #164
InexorableTash
IndyFan

Quote:
I went through Scandal of 1920 and added cue lists to the spreadsheet (http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...ZOGx5V2c&hl=en)

* several classics ("When My Baby Smiles At Me", "A Pretty Girl Is Like A Melody", "It Seldom Comes True", "The Man I Love") which are not on the OST are "clean" on the DVD

I haven't done the DVD rips, just pointed out the possibilities.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:14 AM   #165
Junior Jones
IndyFan

Quote:
Sent you the .ZIP file last week. Did you get it?

Got it. Thanks!!
Old 11-25-2009, 12:53 PM   #166
Junior Jones
IndyFan

Quote:
Fingers crossed for LEGO Indy 2!

I know it's still fairly early, but has anyone been able to analyze the music in this? (I haven't gotten my copy yet. It'll be Christmas at the earliest.)
Old 11-27-2009, 09:21 AM   #167
fommes
IndyFan

I haven't got the game myself, but am in the process of trying to get the OGG files.
Old 11-27-2009, 10:19 AM   #168
Stoo
IndyFan

Quote:
25. Jennifer Stevens - Finale (Scandal of 1920)
Just wanted to point out that for that other guy's compilation which Tash found, Jennifer Stevens is the actress who plays Peggy and is NOT the composer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inexorable Tash
I went through Scandal of 1920 and added cue lists to the spreadsheet (http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...ZOGx5V2c&hl=en)
* several classics ("When My Baby Smiles At Me", "A Pretty Girl Is Like A Melody", "It Seldom Comes True", "The Man I Love") which are not on the OST are "clean" on the DVD

I haven't done the DVD rips, just pointed out the possibilities.
Ah, yes, thanks for refreshing my memory. "A Young/Bold Aviator Lay Dying" from "Hawkmen" is also a prime candidate for a clean, audio rip. (Too bad we can't get an unspoiled version of the song aboard the ship in "Peacock". I really like that one.)
Quote:
I haven't got the game myself, but am in the process of trying to get the OGG files.
Fingers crossed, fommes! Speaking of new stuff (90+ minutes!), something big and very special has happened so watch your e-mails (T.E. Lawrence, I need your e-mail address. Please PM it to me.) You guys are going to love it...
Old 11-27-2009, 12:10 PM   #169
InexorableTash
IndyFan

Next time, on a very special episode of StooTV...

You tease!

And good luck, fommes. FWIW, I'll probably order the PC version of LIJ2 today. My son has almost hit 100 gold bricks in LSW2 and so the family needs a new game.
Old 11-27-2009, 12:13 PM   #170
InexorableTash
IndyFan

Oh and "that other guy" should be joining us shortly. We've been in touch via email and he's registered for The Raven, just waiting for mod approval before he can post.
Old 11-27-2009, 11:38 PM   #171
AnnieJones
IndyFan

I love the YIJC soundtracks and personally,I wouldn't mind getting them.
AnnieJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 10:21 PM   #172
Crack that whip
IndyFan

I haven't been able to get either of the LEGO Indy games yet; I'm dying to have them, both as the games themselves and as sources of more music. I wish I had more to contribute to the effort to gather together all the YIJC score sources...
Crack that whip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 05:07 AM   #173
fommes
IndyFan

Quote:
Next time, on a very special episode of StooTV...

You tease!

And good luck, fommes. FWIW, I'll probably order the PC version of LIJ2 today. My son has almost hit 100 gold bricks in LSW2 and so the family needs a new game.

I've already got 39 files (now listening to them to see if there's something new), but I was suspecting there might be more. But if you're getting the PC version, our problem is solved - I think the OGG files are easily retrievable if I'm not mistaken!

And Stoo, what a cliffhanger!
Old 11-29-2009, 07:44 AM   #174
fommes
IndyFan

A quick breakdown of some new Lego files:

4.1a Hangar Act KOTCS Warehouse Chase material (all pre-viz?)
4.1a Hangar Qui KOTCS unreleased Warehouse
4.1b Control Room Act KOTCS Warehouse action material
4.1b Control Room Qui = 4.1a Qui KOTCS unreleased Warehouse
4.2 Doom Town Free Act Young Indy released Princeton?
4.2 Doom Town Free Qui KOTCS unreleased Rocket Sled aftermath
4.2 Doom Town Story Act = 4.2 DTF Act? SFX Young Indy released Princeton?
4.3 Diner Free SFX Wind Young Indy unreleased – Austria? (cf Lego 1?)
4.3 Diner Story Afm SFX ??? Emperor’s Tomb?
4.3 Diner Story Bfm SFX KOTCS released Motorcycle chase
4.4 Motorbike Act (= Diner Story Bfm) KOTCS released Motorcycle chase
4.4 Motorbike Qui SFX Bird KOTCS unreleased Introducing Mutt
4.5 Crane Train Act SFX!! ??? Young Indy or Emperor’s Tomb?
4.5 Crane Train Qui SFX!! Young Indy Transylvania
5.0 South America Hub Act KOTCS unreleased Jungle Chase
5.0 South America Hub Qui SFX Young Indy unreleased (Verdun?)
5.1 Asylum Act KOTCS unreleased Jungle Chase (pre-viz?)
5.1 Asylum Qui KOTCS released
5.2 Orellana Act KOTCS released / TOD released
5.2 Orellana Qui Young Indy unreleased
5.3 Camp Escape Act SFX Bird KOTCS released
5.3 Camp Escape Qui Young Indy unreleased
5.4 Jeep Chase Act SFX Bird KOTCS unreleased Jungle Chase
5.4 Jeep Chase Qui SFX Young Indy Transylvania
5.5 Jungle Fight Act SFX KOTCS unreleased Jungle Chase
5.5 Jungle Fight Qui SFX ROTLA released
6.0 Akator Hub Act KOTCS unreleased Jungle Chase (pre-viz?)
6.0 Akator Hub Qui SFX KOTCS released?
6.1 Ant Attack Act KOTCS released Ant Attack
6.1 Ant Attack Qui SFX ROTLA released
6.2 Waterfalls Act SFX TOD Water! / Slalom / unreleased Water part?
6.2 Waterfalls Qui SFX ROTLA released
6.3 Temple Entrance Act SFX ??? Emperor’s Tomb
6.3 Temple Entrance Qui SFX KOTCS ???? / released / ???
6.4 Mayan Fight Act KOTCS released
6.4 Mayan Fight Qui SFX animal Young Indy unreleased
6.5 Alien Chamber Act KOTCS released / Young Indy unreleased
6.5 Alien Chamber Qui SFX! KOTCS released
6.5 Alien Chamber B Act SFX! (cf Alien Ch act) KOTCS released / Young Indy unreleased

The bulk of it is unusable, but a few new tidbits here and there.
Old 11-29-2009, 11:14 AM   #175
InexorableTash
IndyFan

Quote:
A quick breakdown of some new Lego files:

In Google Doc form for easier collaboration - PM me your email address if you want editing capabilities.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...Fa3llZWc&hl=en