Live Free or Die Hard

swords

Die Hard 2 is the most underrated one, but its still has a lot going for it. One of the things that I found lacking in Die Hard 3 were some memorable shoot outs and number two certainly picks up on that slack.

Die Hard three is an chase movie until the second half, when it noticeably slows down. Theres an adrupt and sudden shootout in a elevator thats worth checking out, and Im sure everyone is familiar with it; anyone remember the lottery speech?

I was on the Die Hard 4 conception since the first rumours were dropped, so I'll be there in line, or hopefully the first in line once it's released, assuming it will be released. Firstly, it was going to be high on the pyrotechnics, off in an space shuttle fighting off terrorists. Then the next rumour concerned an lower tech, grittier concept where McClane is trapped in a forest with his cop buddies, fending off their kidnappers. Personally I hope they go for the lower tech storyline, which would no doubt spice up the franchise a bit.

Now its a matter of whether or not it will be made, and it looks that way. And it looks very possible now, since Willis is in somewhat in the down and out since The Whole ten Yards, so...

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Die Hard 4

The article says "none of the characters from the earlier movies were returning." So no wife, but what about kids? I thought I had heard this - and Rocky 6 - might be father-son outings. (Also: "Harrison Ford has been in negotiations for years to make a fourth Indiana Jones movie.")

Coming June 29! Yippee-kai-yay, whipper snapper!

Paden

The fourth installment in the Die Hard series of action movies. Interesting title. I'm a little wary about the director, though. Underworld had some engaging action sequences, but a Die Hard film, especially one that does justice to the original, is a different kind of animal.

Joe Brody

temple of john said:
In terms of plot and action, I thought the 3rd Die Hard was very close to the first. I found Samuel L. Jackson added a lot to that film.

Are they saying that the only returning character is going to be McClain? What...no Zeus???

[Joking]I thought Samuel L. Jackson's character was named Jesus. . . .

Johan

If none of the old charachters are returning why are they even attempting to do another one? Just make an entirely different movie all together under a different name.

Joe Brody

temple of john said:
LOL, your right now that I think of it. There was the one part of the movie where McClain thought his name was Zeus because he thought he heard the others saying "Hey Zeus". Good call Joe.

You nailed it. I agree that Jackson's character really added something to the film. The other New York cops and that police shrink character seen at the beginning were unimaginative and straight from central casting. Jackson's bigotry gave the beginning of the film an edge that the other early subplots lacked (i.e. McLane having to turn in his badge).

Coincidentally, I lived on West 72nd while Die Hard III was being filmed and saw some of the Central Park stuff being shot.

HovitosKing

As a lifelong Die Hard fan, let me just go on the record as stating that I think this movie is going to suck for a ton of reasons. It just is.

HovitosKing

temple of john said:
LOL, your right now that I think of it. There was the one part of the movie where McClain thought his name was Zeus because he thought he heard the others saying "Hey Zeus". Good call Joe.

No...McClain thought his name was Jesus (pronounced Heyzeus) because the other guy was saying "Hey, Zeus"...remember Jackson's rant about "Do I look Puerto Rican to you? He was saying 'Hey, Zeus'...my name is Zeus. As in Father of Apollo, Mt. Olympus...don't @#*& with me or I'll shove a lightning bolt up your a$$, Zeus."

His name actually was Zeus.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
IndyJohan said:
If none of the old charachters are returning why
Bruce Willis is definitely in it. The article should have said 'other,' not 'old.'

For Die Hard movies, it seems they just wait around for a good action movie script then tweak it for the franchise. Die Hard 3 was originally 'Simon Says.' You can read a Die Hard 4 script review here. No Zeus, instead you get John McClane's estranged son.

Paden

temple of john said:
In terms of plot and action, I thought the 3rd Die Hard was very close to the first. I found Samuel L. Jackson added a lot to that film.
The third chapter was a solid entry in the franchise that I really enjoyed, although I tend to think that Jeremy Irons wasn't used to his villainous potential. Jackson was a welcome addition.

I guess my earlier comment about the first film stems from the fact that in my mind, Die Hard, like Raiders of the Lost Ark sits in that rare category of nigh perfect motion pictures: movies that I wouldn't change any significant element of. Die Hard was a well orchestrated balancing act of action, suspense, humor, and character development that few action films (especially its imitators) have ever come close to matching. It's one of those movies I can watch anytime: I never tire of it. :)

Although I tend to be cynical about most sequels, I'm trying to be optimistic about this one. The character of McClane always relies on cleverness and pure guts, rather than superhuman combat ability, to overcome overwhelming odds. I think Bruce can still pull off another believable chapter in McClane's adventures, provided the script is a good one.

00Kevin

Indyfan
Interesting plot, McClane battles Techno terrorists bend on destroying the computer system....especially considering that McClane way way agianst technology and couldn't work a fax in the earlier films. but that makes sense that 'a fist fight still solves alot of things'

HovitosKing said:
'Hey, Zeus'...my name is Zeus. As in Father of Apollo, Mt. Olympus...don't @#*& with me or I'll shove a lightning bolt up your a$$, Zeus."QUOTE]

LOL, the funniest quote ever

I just hope they bring Carl Winslow back :D mabey urkle can come to his aid

00Kevin

Indyfan
http://imdb.com/title/tt0337978/

imdb has come interesting news as well. The Kids will be in the film, but of course grown up by now

Jessica Simpson auditioned unsuccessfully for the role of his daughter. apparently Brittney spears and Lindsey Lohan were considered as well and Bruce Willis is keep on Justin Timberlake playing his son

http://imdb.com/name/nm0519043/

this guy named justin Long has been signed, no name yet, perhaps he could be a villian? (techno-terrorist, could be a young hacker)

Pale Horse

Staff member
I am still waiting for the EI8HT sequel to be released.

As far as this screenplay, I am reminded of one I read in 1999 that was titled wwww.apocalypse.org. It dealt with terror on a world wide scale spawned from hackers on the internet.

Edit: link supposed to be blind (added the 4th w)

EvilDevo

I don't think so. Supposedly some computer hacker kid John needs to help him foil the terrorists' schemes?

If you look at IMDb though, Lucy McClane is listed in the cast. Justin Long (kid in trailer) is listed as playing a character named Matt Foster.

My question is what in the world is up with Maggie Q? ...the crime-busting super FBI agent??