Alden Cordovan Indy Boots

Glenville86

I recently bought a pair of #8 (dark reddish brown) and a pair of black Indy boots in cordovan leather.

Anyone have the Indy boots made in this leather? Just curious how they wear with age.

Mickiana

They wear great with age. My reddish ones have scuffed up and creased wonderfully with walking in many situations. I don't polish them. I just let their life show on them.

I did take them to a cobbler to have the tongues sown on one side to stop them sliding over and I have replaced the laces several times. Some of the leather lining on the inside of the boot tops has worn away but I haven't done anything about that.

Glenville86

Weird thing about the Alden shell #8 is trying to figure out what to wear with them. They start out a very dark brown that looks black inside and dark purple or dark reddish brown in the sun. I have read after having them a long time, the leather will eventually turn regular brown.

I usually match my boots, coats, belts and this leather is just different from anything else I have owned. BTW - have other Alden boots in this same leather.