Hot Toys Indiana Jones Figure

Montana Smith

Nurhachi1991 said:
Woah thats some epic chest hair! Is he hairy all over?

ChromiumBlue37 said:
The real Harrison Ford is smooth except for his chest and - whoops. Nevermind!

Just nobody mention 'Realdoll'.

Oh. I just did.

:eek:

Apparently he's using Wolverine's body (and that sounds bad). Wolverine was very hairy. But the figure isn't.

wolvie.jpg

Montana Smith

I was checking 'Who's Online' and saw this thread: Post Pics of your Indy figures!

DSC02500.jpg

And here we are discussing the merits and demerits of Hot Toys!

WHERE DID YOU GET THAT HAT ?

Now how I came to get this hat, 'tis very strange and funny
Grandfather died and left to me his property and money
And when the will it was read out, they told me straight and flat
If I would have his money, I must always wear his hat

"Where did you get that hat? Where did you get that tile?
Isn't it a nobby one, and just the proper style?
I should like to have one Just the same as that!"
Where'er I go, they shout "Hello! Where did you get that hat?"

(As sung by Stanley Holloway)

Billy Ray

LOL, that's the "Relic Hunter", an Indy knockoff. The gear is actually not too bad believe it or not, and the headsculpt has kind of a passing resemblance to Harrison Ford (but more like Deniis Quaid), but that hat! That must be how they avoided getting sued by LFL, by giving him that hat.

I got one to use for my custom Indy a few years back.

Montana Smith

Billy Ray said:
LOL, that's the "Relic Hunter", an Indy knockoff. The gear is actually not too bad believe it or not, and the headsculpt has kind of a passing resemblance to Harrison Ford (but more like Deniis Quaid), but that hat! That must be how they avoided getting sued by LFL, by giving him that hat.

I got one to use for my custom Indy a few years back.

A long time ago I bought a knock-off Indy that went by the name of 'Adventurer', back when the Holy Grail was a Toys McCoy. His hat was made of cheap pleather and never fitted very well. He didn't remain on display for long, but l recently decided to use his body inside a Hasbro Dengar outfit.

Both his feet broke off trying to pull his boots off! The jacket also stained his shirt.

Oddly enough, I discovered this morning that on my Sideshow ROTLA Indy the jacket has also stained the shirt sleeves (there's no lining in the jacket sleeves). I was trying the Medicom Jacket on the Sideshow, but it didn't look any good. (Shame because the Medicom jacket is far better made, with a silk-like lining and inside pockets).

So I contented myself by wrapping tissue paper round Medi Indy's abdomen and shoulders, so he doesn't look so skinny. I did the same to Mutt, which cured his anorexia.

Billy Ray

The Relic Hunter jacket also has a silk like lining and inside pocket. It really is pretty nice, if not a tad bulky. It's also got that oversized zipper. Like I said, as far as the gear goes, it's actually quite nice. It came with a metal revolver w/working cylinder and metal sword (almost a dead ringer for the TOD sword). The bag is pretty nice, as ar the rest of the outfit. HE even came with socks and real lace up shoes. It really makes the hat that much worse, I mean everything else is pretty nice...I don't see hwo they could have screwed up the hat that bad. Even the vintage Kenner 12" hat looked better.

Montana Smith

Billy Ray said:
The Relic Hunter jacket also has a silk like lining and inside pocket. It really is pretty nice, if not a tad bulky. It's also got that oversized zipper. Like I said, as far as the gear goes, it's actually quite nice. It came with a metal revolver w/working cylinder and metal sword (almost a dead ringer for the TOD sword). The bag is pretty nice, as ar the rest of the outfit. HE even came with socks and real lace up shoes. It really makes the hat that much worse, I mean everything else is pretty nice...I don't see hwo they could have screwed up the hat that bad. Even the vintage Kenner 12" hat looked better.

The Relic Hunter sounds a lot better than the 'Adventurer'.

I know I was disappointed when I first received him, as I was accustomed to Dragon (DML) figures with their fine tailoring and quality bodies (though the faces could sometimes let a figure down).

I'm quietly confident that Hot Toys won't let us down with Indy. They have a reputation, and they often go to a level far beyond the oppositon.

Billy Ray

Well, at least we can say that HT got one thing right that Sideshow didn't in that it appears that the straps on the back of the jacket are leather (like) instead of fabric.

michael

Are the pictures purposely like that, as in this is the NEW sculpt and they can't show it yet. Or is it just the previous one and a back view.

Montana Smith

michael said:
Are the pictures purposely like that, as in this is the NEW sculpt and they can't show it yet. Or is it just the previous one and a back view.

No, I gather this was on display in a window in Hong Kong. faststreets went inside and snapped photos from the back, and I'm sure they're the first from that angle.

Billy Ray

Some more pics from figuredetails.com. They look to be of the figure on display in the HK shop that faststreets took photos of.

Hot-Toys-Indiana-Jones-p-4.jpg

Hot-Toys-Indiana-Jones-p-11.jpg

Hot-Toys-Indiana-Jones-p-1.jpg

Montana Smith

michael said:
Some pictures I want this, some I do not.

*looks at last picture........

I'm having a love/hate thing going with this Indy.

Since Sideshow Freaks looks too dangerous to visit right now, I checked out onesixthwarriors.com to get my Hot Toys' Indy fix.

http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/for...ana-jones-raiders-lost-ark-indiana-jones.html

Unsurprisingly the same points are being discussed as elsewhere.

A member there posted some comparison shots:

2310475xu55gyr1xgqdhfu.jpg

231049kci2rze6eeyfi7cc.jpg

HT Indy in the great outdoors:

6a853733jw6ddog7anf19j.jpg

65c02e50jw6ddojxp9ddaj.jpg

Real Alden 405s:

alden-indy-boot-1005o.jpg

Indy's well-worn Aldens from TLC:

pants_LC_hem.jpg

Montana Smith

On his Facebook Arnie Kim posted photos of his 2004 Indy sculpt:

168941_1794503309948_1460645150_2032992_2646452_n.jpg

167746_1794507990065_1460645150_2032996_4069819_n.jpg

Proof, I think, that Arnie has the ability to capture the Harrison Ford portrait, and should be able to correct the issues with the HT 2011.