The Avengers

Montana Smith

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=32128

New Avengers Pics Online
Superheroes, assemble!

04 October 2011

What's bigger than a superhero movie? Why, a movie with, like, all the superheroes all together, which is what we're looking forward to in The Avengers. Joss Whedon's super-group take on the Marvel canon is the sort of experiment not previously attempted on film, and it's going to be interesting to see how a bunch of star characters in their own right work together in a single movie. But as ever, in Joss we trust - and here are a few pictures of his work to give you a clue what we're in for.

These obviously show Chris Evans' Captain America, Chris Hemsworth's Thor, Robert Downey Jr's Tony Stark, Samuel L. Jackson's Nick Fury, Tom Hiddleston's Loki and Scarlett Johansson's Black Widow.

hr_Marvels_The_Avengers_18.jpg

http://www.comingsoon.net/gallery/44657/hr_Marvels_The_Avengers_16

hr_Marvels_The_Avengers_19.jpg

hr_Marvels_The_Avengers_20.jpg

hr_Marvels_The_Avengers_21.jpg

hr_Marvels_The_Avengers_22.jpg

hr_Marvels_The_Avengers_23.jpg

Stoo

featofstrength said:
YES, STOO! YEEEEEEEEEES!(y)
Right on, featofstrength!:hat: Violet likes "The Avengers", too. Have you ever seen, "The New Avengers"? The theme tune is much better than the '60s version.

Anyway, I never noticed this thread and had no idea a new film was being made about "The Avengers". The '98 movie was TERRIBLE!:sick:

Who is playing Emma Peel?

Montana Smith

Stoo said:
Smiffy, your images aren't showing up

They've stopped showing up for me, too. Though they're still at their original location.

Stoo said:
so I'll post some other ones.:p

I can remember my confusion very vividly, the first time I saw an annual for 'The Avengers' - and it looked to have nothing to do with Marvel Comics!

Stoo said:
Right on, featofstrength!:hat: Violet likes "The Avengers", too. Have you ever seen, "The New Avengers"? The theme tune is much better than the '60s version.

Anyway, I never noticed this thread and had no idea a new film was being made about "The Avengers". The '98 movie was TERRIBLE!:sick:

Who is playing Emma Peel?

Yeah, the 98 movie was awful...wish someone had told Sean Connery to stay away from that one.

Havent seen any New Avengers...Ive always stuck close to my Emma Peel megaset...Love her!:eek:
url

Stoo

Montana Smith said:
I can remember my confusion very vividly, the first time I saw an annual for 'The Avengers' - and it looked to have nothing to do with Marvel Comics!
I don't understand, Smiffy. What does Marvel Comics have to do with "The Avengers"?:confused::p
featofstrength said:
Yeah, the 98 movie was awful...wish someone had told Sean Connery to stay away from that one.
Indeed. Let's hope this new one is better.;) Who will be playing Steed?
featofstrength said:
Havent seen any New Avengers...
Check it out for the theme tune, featofstrength. (Joanna Lumley was the female partner.)
featofstrength said:
Ive always stuck close to my Emma Peel megaset...Love her!:eek:
Emma Peel is a babe but...No love for Cathy Gale? (Played by Honor Blackman who is P*ssy Galore in "Goldfinger")

Blackman.jpg

Avengers64Set1Vol11984_f.jpg

Indy Scout 117

RedeemedChild said:
Here is a some new Avengers images!

avengers_photos_2.jpg

avengers_photos_5.jpg

avengers_photos_4.jpg

avengers_photos_1.jpg
ok so according to the pics we've seen thus far, a lot of characters' costumes change (Cap's for example). but, maybe its just me, but did Thor's costume change at all?? doesnt quite look like it to me... :confused:

Stoo

@featofstrength: Smokin' pic of Diana Rigg.:) I know how you feel about Emma Peel but does Tara King (Linda Thorson) have any appeal?

68promo4.jpg

RedeemedChild said:
Here is a some new Avengers images!
No, no, no. THESE are "New Avengers" images!:p With Purdey (Joanna Lumley):

new77_1.gif

n_aveng2.gif

resize

139111.jpg

RedeemedChild

@Stoo, this should be hanging in every 'gentlemens' locker!

the-avengers-original.jpg

Nevertheless, America's avenging lass can hold quite the candle to her British cousins. :whip:

comic-con-2011-the-avengers-black-widow-character-poster.jpg

RedeemedChild said:
Nevertheless, America's avenging lass can hold quite the candle to her British cousins. :whip:

*ahem* formerly of the U.S.S.R.....though im sure that would be a lil much from the T&A to have to "act" and carry an accent at the same time.

:sick: Scarjo:sick:

Last edited:

The Drifter

Montana Smith said:

On a random note:
I always hated how Thor's hammer looks like a cinder-block with a club stuck through it.
To be some sorta hammer of the Gods. It looks rather plain.

Montana Smith

The Drifter said:
On a random note:
I always hated how Thor's hammer looks like a cinder-block with a club stuck through it.
To be some sorta hammer of the Gods. It looks rather plain.

I thought Thor himself always looked out of place alongside the others. I didn't buy into the idea of Asgard being part of Marvel's universe.

Nothing changes:

hulkreturns.jpg

avengers_photos_2.jpg

Stoo

RedeemedChild said:
@Stoo, this should be hanging in every 'gentlemens' locker!
Ah, erm...no thanks, Child. That film was GARBAGE and its poster should be destroyed along with every print of the film. (Though, save 1 copy of each for archival purposes.) Uma Thurman is an Emma Peel with ZERO appeal.(n)
Montana Smith said:
That's what was so confusing...
I'm confused, as well. What is this "Cap" business people keep talking about?:confused: John Steed wears a bowler hat, not a baseball cap!:p