I broke my thumb.......

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Nurhachi, if it's any conselation, I have slammed doors on my finger- twice- in my lifetime and also sewed my finger in a sewing machine in home ec when I was 13. My mum was really freaked because it was my index finger on my left and I'm left handed and she thought this would affect my drawing abilities (in high school, I was pretty apt and still am at still life drawing). I wasn't given any anathestic, when they pulled out the thread which felt pretty nasty. I was very lucky, the needle missed my finger bone narrowly.

Besides, try to enjoy whatever rest you get out of it. I wish I had time to rest more.

Nurhachi1991

Violet Indy said:
Nurhachi, if it's any conselation, I have slammed doors on my finger- twice- in my lifetime and also sewed my finger in a sewing machine in home ec when I was 13. My mum was really freaked because it was my index finger on my left and I'm left handed and she thought this would affect my drawing abilities (in high school, I was pretty apt and still am at still life drawing). I wasn't given any anathestic, when they pulled out the thread which felt pretty nasty. I was very lucky, the needle missed my finger bone narrowly.

Besides, try to enjoy whatever rest you get out of it. I wish I had time to rest more.

Thanks violet Indy....... Dang that sounds worse than my problem

I'm left handed to :) It's hella hard to write to can't make out my own writing.

Gear

Nurhachi1991 said:
I'm left handed [TOO] [.] :) It's hella hard to write [TOO] [.] [C]an't make out my own writing.

LOL! Oh the irony! I couldn't make that out the first time! :p

DIrishB

sandiegojones said:
Watch where you stick that thumb! :p

Thats what she said.

;)

Sorry you broke your thumb, Nurhachi. Sounds annoying.

On a related note, I've broken a few bones myself:

Left Shoulder
Right Shoulder
Right Shoulder-Blade (broke it to pieces...have a titanium plate for the lower third)
Forearm (bone popped through the skin)
Left Knee-Cap
Right Clavicle
Several Ribs
Several Fingers & Toes
Metacarpals of my right hand (the bones in your hand)

...apparently I'm injury prone. :(

Last edited:

kongisking

Nurhachi1991 said:
Yesterday I was getting out of the car and my cousin slams the door as I was reaching for my backpack......... I went to school all day with only a bandaid. Just got back from emergency gotta wear a cast for 3-6 weeks

All I said to my cousin was " I'm gonna break your nose"

Ouch I'm in pain :mad:

Oh, gracious me. Sorry, Nurhachi. Hope you have a good recovery! I injured my thumb some while ago---my damn teacher at school hit me in the thumb with a dodgeball in gym...with the finger COMPLETELY ERECT! RIGHT on the end, cramming it through my hand!!!! Hurt like sin, I tell ya.

DIrishB

The Man said:
Are you guys, by any chance, using 'thumb' as a euphemism..?

Hmmmm...

kongisking said:
I injured my "thumb" some while ago---my damn teacher at school hit me in the "thumb" with a "dodgeball" in gym...with the "finger" COMPLETELY ERECT! RIGHT on the end, cramming it through my "hand"!!!! Hurt like sin, I tell ya.

:confused:

"Finger", "dodgeball" and "hand" are also all suspect.

Hmmmm...