Screenshots

Oxley17

Hey, I'm new here. :hat: I've just thought about creating a thread here asking everyone to share screenshots that you particularly like for whatever reason, etc.

vlcsnap-712590.png

I just love the look on Indy's face in this scene as he watches Dovchenko get eat by the ants. :D

vlcsnap-714384.png

"I have a bad feeling about this"

Benraianajones

Yeah, I like the scene where Indy raises his fist and is about to continue fighting, then realises his opponents already down and out before he is even down.

indyclone25

mine is a bit different in the kotcs they use the same scene from raiders w/ the shot of the college --- they even have the same guy from raiders ---- first shot from raiders
INDIANA_JONES_LOST_ARK-00hr12min50s.jpg

and same shot with cgi cars and guy smaller (sorta how lucas used cgi to make the scene with sandcrawler look better when parked by lukes home)
INDIANA_JONES_4_AC-00hr24min37sec-.jpg

and shot with the new 50's carjust before you see the guy i have circled
INDIANA_JONES_4_AC-00hr24min34sec.jpg

if you look at the tree on the left side the first and last pic you will see the tree branches are the same if it was many years later the branches would be longer -
just an observation , i know i don't have a life

Last edited:

TheLastCrusader

Holy mother of god! :eek:

I do remember an awkward familiarity about that establishing shot in KotCS the first time I saw it, but I thought it was just meant to have the same effect as the one in raiders, never would I have found out it actually was essentially the same shot!

Amazing observation, dude!

Last edited:

indyrcks

I think Harrison looks mighty fine in those pics he is still as hot as ever may I say I don't care if he is 100:eek:

indyclone25

he was still much indy looking wasn't he --- i mean wehen you saw him in the movie you forgot how old he was

AtomicAge

indyclone25 said:
mine is a bit different in the kotcs they use the same scene from raiders w/ the shot of the college --- they even have the same guy from raiders ---- first shot from raiders
INDIANA_JONES_LOST_ARK-00hr12min50s.jpg

and same shot with cgi cars and guy smaller (sorta how lucas used cgi to make the scene with sandcrawler look better when parked by lukes home)
INDIANA_JONES_4_AC-00hr24min37sec-.jpg

and shot with the new 50's carjust before you see the guy i have circled
INDIANA_JONES_4_AC-00hr24min34sec.jpg

if you look at the tree on the left side the first and last pic you will see the tree branches are the same if it was many years later the branches would be longer -
just an observation , i know i don't have a life

Exactly. I didn't notice this in the theater, but I did on the blu-ray. Mainly because the grain structure of the film is very different from the rest of the movie.

Doug

caats

love the camera work
CMCapture1.png

for obvious reasons
CMCapture2.png

couldn't get a good shot, but it's my favorite moment. and imo, the best since raiders
CMCapture3.png

TheMutt92

caats said:
love the camera work
CMCapture1.png

for obvious reasons
CMCapture2.png

couldn't get a good shot, but it's my favorite moment. and imo, the best since raiders
CMCapture3.png

All great moments. The first one in particular... I was just watching this today and loved that shot!

YouNeverKnow

Can anyone screenshot Indy in front of the mushroom cloud juxtaposed with Indy in front of the UFO at the end? I think those scenes are very awesome and iconic, and I can never find them on t3h intarwebs.

Indy's brother

Benraianajones said:
Yeah, I like the scene where Indy raises his fist and is about to continue fighting, then realises his opponents already down and out before he is even down.

Yeah, it really reminded me of his fight with the german mechanic in Raiders. After kicking the German in the junk, Indy draws his fist back and hesitates in a very similar way.

Sankara

One of the worst scenes in this movie: Indy meeting Marion the first time.
Boy, unbelievable... who is this guy with that hat. It's not Indy... that's for sure... just embarrassing....

James

Indy's brother said:
Yeah, it really reminded me of his fight with the german mechanic in Raiders. After kicking the German in the junk, Indy draws his fist back and hesitates in a very similar way.

I thought the movie was filled with little touches like that...the kind of moments that just naturally seep in because Harrison Ford is Indiana Jones.

I can understand the KOTCS criticism from younger fans- especially those who have grown up dissecting films online. But what I don't get is how anyone could've grown up with the trilogy, yet honestly think Ford wasn't true to the character in this film.

James

Sankara said:
who is this guy with that hat. It's not Indy... that's for sure... just embarrassing....

And in the time it took me to post that last reply, someone did exactly what I was talking about! :rolleyes:

Oxley17

caats said:
love the camera work
CMCapture1.png

for obvious reasons
CMCapture2.png

CMCapture3.png
Yeah, the first one is really excellent. And I loved the "They weren't you honey" line, perfect Indy. :whip:

I just love this shot, the FX work was just amazing...

vlcsnap-5000283.png

Jones Disciple

Who is this guy with that hat?

Is this an Indiana Jones fan site? I personally place the film fourth in the series but with the way some of you carry on you would think it the worst film ever made? I liked it. I got to see Harrison Ford play Indiana Jones one more time and if I am fortunate I will see him play Indy again. Sure the film wasn?t as good as the other three or The Dark Knight but when you like something or in my case love something you accept its flaws. Before Skull, Temple was my least favorite Indiana Jones film but I still loved it because it was Indiana Jones.

These are just movies and the amount of time I have seen spent hating on this film is ridiculous for something that should be so easy to walk away from. Your energy is better spent on something else. No one of any consequence reads these boards so your opinions are going unnoticed.

Maybe this site should shift its focus to Indiana Jones V. If a nice and thoughtful letter was composed addressing your concerns for the next films tone and approach and was distributed in a clever/polite way you may have some influence on the next film and actually accomplish something with your energy.

Who is this guy with that hat? It is Harrison Ford and he is Indiana Jones!!!

No Ticket

Jones Disciple said:
Is this an Indiana Jones fan site? I personally place the film fourth in the series but with the way some of you carry on you would think it the worst film ever made? I liked it. I got to see Harrison Ford play Indiana Jones one more time and if I am fortunate I will see him play Indy again. Sure the film wasn?t as good as the other three or The Dark Knight but when you like something or in my case love something you accept its flaws. Before Skull, Temple was my least favorite Indiana Jones film but I still loved it because it was Indiana Jones.

These are just movies and the amount of time I have seen spent hating on this film is ridiculous for something that should be so easy to walk away from. Your energy is better spent on something else. No one of any consequence reads these boards so your opinions are going unnoticed.

Maybe this site should shift its focus to Indiana Jones V. If a nice and thoughtful letter was composed addressing your concerns for the next films tone and approach and was distributed in a clever/polite way you may have some influence on the next film and actually accomplish something with your energy.

Who is this guy with that hat? It is Harrison Ford and he is Indiana Jones!!!

You make it sound like we shouldn't even express opinions about the IJ franchise anyway because nobody cares and nobody of importance reads them.

Well you may be right. I don't think most people care what another person's opinion is... and I don't think anyone on this board is discussing the movie with any real intention of making a difference on Indy V.

If you love/hate something (or a little of both)... you seek out others to talk about it to. Imagine not knowing anyone who gave a crap about Indy when you loved it...

if it was a tv show with 100 episodes and you didn't like 15 of them.... that doesn't mean you're not a fan.

StoneTriple

Sankara said:
One of the worst scenes in this movie: Indy meeting Marion the first time.
Boy, unbelievable... who is this guy with that hat. It's not Indy... that's for sure... just embarrassing....

That's an interesting screen capture you posted, Dennis....oh wait - it's just more hate spam