Remaining Jewish and Christian Relics

UltimateManGod

OKay, I'm curious about how many Jewish or Christian relics there are left for Indy to go after. I ask because these seem to make some of the best adventures. I'm including EU stuff in this case as well. So far, Ind'y found:
1. The Ark of the Covenant
2. The Holy Grail
3. Noah's Ark
4. Aaron's rod
5. Moses' rod (I'm assuming this is in Staff of Kings)
6. Spear of Longinus
7. Omega Book (I think we can count that)

The only thing I can think of off the top of my head would be Indy going after the Crown of Thorns. Anyone else have any ideas or things that Indy could go after, or things that should go on the already used list? And I'm sorry if this thread's been done before. It's late and I'm too tired to search.

IndyFan89

3. Noah's Ark
4. Aaron's rod
6. Spear of Longinus

These artifacts are not in any movie there fore they're fare game as far as I'm concerned. :hat:

indyt

Weird, i posted earlier, I guess it did not go. I was saying I would love to see the Tree of Life/Knowledge of Good and Evil.
The bronze serpent would be cool if it had not been melted down.
Also something with the Urim and Thummim would be great!!

Indie House

So far the Indy films have centered on a different belief each time... ie, Judaism, Hinduism, Christianity, Extra Terrestrials. I think this trend should follow and visit a new denomination for Indy V.

:hat:

IndyFan89

Indie House said:
So far the Indy films have centered on a different belief each time... ie, Judaism, Hinduism, Christianity, Extra Terrestrials. I think this trend should follow and visit a new denomination for Indy V.

:hat:

Then you think wrong! lol

Just kidding.

Plaristes

The remains of Pharoah and his army (the ones that drowned chasing Moses)
Mt. Sinai
The Garden of Eden
Nephilim remains
Secret tunnels under the temple mount?
The Q manuscript
The tomb of Thomas in India

And I agree the Urim and Thummim would be cool.

indyt

Plaristes said:
The remains of Pharoah and his army (the ones that drowned chasing Moses)
Mt. Sinai
The Garden of Eden
Nephilim remains
Secret tunnels under the temple mount?
The Q manuscript
The tomb of Thomas in India

And I agree the Urim and Thummim would be cool.

The Nephilim of Gen 6 could be amazing. Crystal Skull actually made me think of the Nephilim.

Nurhachi1991

What if Indy found a secret lab under Auschwitz? That would be kinda cool there would be like a renegade group of Nazis trying to kill him.

sandiegojones

I think some of you are overlooking the fact the the Nazi's and Soviets really did seek out the Ark, the Grail and had interest in crystal skulls. The villain has to fit the artifact.

Many of these objects would not fit with certain viallains or the time period that a new film would take place in. Personally I think the villain and the macguffin go hand in hand. They could do something like they did with the Thugee, and use a tribe instead of an army but I think once was enough for that.

If Nazi's are to return then think a film might have to take place partially in Brazil or South Africa since there were Nazi's hiding there after WWII or maybe China if commies are to be used again. If Russians are used then they may go sci-fi again. In the 50's many of the great villains were gone (Nazi's, Italian fascists, Japanese Imperialists).

I hope they do make a 5th movie and I'll be very curious who the villains are and what the artifact is.

kongisking

3. Noah's Ark

Done.

4. Aaron's rod

Done.

Done.

6. Spear of Longinus

Done.

Done.

These have all been done. You guys keep forgetting about the EU. That counts, too. The movies can't do stuff that was already covered, it would be a colossal continuity nightmare.

indyt

kongisking said:
3. Noah's Ark

Done.

4. Aaron's rod

Done.

Done.

6. Spear of Longinus

Done.

Done.

These have all been done. You guys keep forgetting about the EU. That counts, too. The movies can't do stuff that was already covered, it would be a colossal continuity nightmare.

Crystal skulls have been done in the EU

Pale Horse

Staff member
Reread the Original Post, everyone. Though not a perfect example of consise prose, it does state, essentially: "Here's what's been found in the Judeo/Christian vein, including the EU...what else is left? "

IndyFan89

The EU is of no importance next to the movies. They're just fillers to get us our fix, why compromise a good movie because "the mcguffin was used in the EU".

Some of these artifacts would make better movies then they would books or whatnot.