The Dark Knight

Raiders90

Agent Spalko said:
Mark my words. It will be so.

Spalko likes to go in knowing a film before it's even hit the screen. It's what he/she/it does, makes up it's mind before even knowing anything. A very close minded individual.

agentsands77

Agent Spalko said:
It's an excellent film but hardly derivative of the comics.
It was very derivative of the comics. It might not have reguritated everything found in the comics (as is only right... Nolan's not here to reproduce, but to provide a new take on what's come before, as is the task of any writer approaching the character), but it was very connected to the comic book history of the character.

Raiders112390 said:
Spalko likes to go in knowing a film before it's even hit the screen. It's what he/she/it does, makes up it's mind before even knowing anything. A very close minded individual.

I was right about KOTCS. I'm almost always right on my predictions.

sandiegojones

Agent Spalko said:
Please, what makes you an authority! You were only right about your opinion of KOTCS. That doesn't make you right or speak for others.

Perfection is subjective.

You sound like that petty critic in Ratatouille. You seek to criticize films, not enjoy them. Like I said before, you make something and then see how other criticize.

I predict that you'll lead a very lonely and shallow existence!

sandiegojones

Agent Spalko said:
The Dark Knight will eclipse Begins. This will be the new Empire Strikes Back where the sequel takes the first film and makes it better.
Nobody was saying that The Dark Knight won't or can't be better. I just stated that to me Begins was a perfect Batman story. I would expect the same from Nolan in a sequel. I could give a rat's a$$ what you think!

What the hell is your point?

Michael24

agentsands77 said:
Nolan's not here to reproduce, but to provide a new take on what's come before, as is the task of any writer approaching the character),
So it's okay when Nolen does a new take on Batman, but not Tim Burton? Yeah, that makes sense. :confused:

I do hope that The Dark Knight is good. I didn't care for Batman Begins at all (though it was a step up from Batman & Robin), but I like to think The Dark Knight can only go up from that point and be somewhat of an improvement. Though I think a lot of people are jumping the gun on his "Heath Ledger better win an Oscar" hoopla. So far, I've seen nothing from the ads and clips to suggest his performance is that worthy. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm not. I'm just not a fan of all this "he's dead so we need to worship him" mentality that happens when a lot of young popular celebrities die suddenly.

I'll probably go see this when it comes out, but maybe during the second or third week. I'm not that pumped for it, so I can wait a bit.

Forbidden Eye

I'm looking forward to The Dark Knight, just not extremely pumped and counting down the second until midnight showing type of excited I was for Indy.

I grew up with the Indiana Jones franchise while I've had really no affection for Batman growing up. It's also been a lifelong dream of mine to see an Indy film on the big screen. I've already seen a Batman movie on the big screen, so that only weakens the thrill in comparison much more.

But still, I do like Batman. Probably my favorite superhero. And I also greatly admire Christopher Nolan as he has yet to make a film I didn't like. I'm also interested in the performance that was mostly responsible for Heath Ledger's demise. But unlike the die-hard fans, I'm by no means expecting a life-changing historical event that will change the way I view the world. I'm just expecting a very fun 2 hours or so at the cinema like with BB.

But what do I know. I'd still argue A New Hope is a better movie than Empire.

sandiegojones said:
Nobody was saying that The Dark Knight won't or can't be better. I just stated that to me Begins was a perfect Batman story. I would expect the same from Nolan in a sequel. I could give a rat's a$$ what you think!

What the hell is your point?

If you could "give a rat's ass" about Spalko's opinion then why bother responding?

You can and do care very much what Spalko says.

Baaaah. Baaaah.

Ska

Agent Spalko said:

...and what you don't already know, you find out the, what is the expression, old-fashion way.

Ska

haha

I can't enter a single thread without everyone being pissed at Spalko! Sorry ResidentAlien, it looks like we got a new bad guy in town.

You sure do make the place "lively"! (y)

Michael24

agentsands77 said:
When did I say it wasn't okay with Tim Burton? :confused:
Sorry. My reply wasn't deliberately directed at you. It was just in reference to what you were saying, how Nolan is simply doing a new take instead of just copying the comic book, and I've seen many fans complaining about Batman Returns for basically the same reason. It's like it's a double standard or something.

Ska

I think most of the Raven members need to physically read "in my opinion" after each of your posts.

People seem to forget that messageboards are full of opinions.

Not everyone shares the same ideas. That's what makes us individuals.

To everyone who has a problem with Agent Spalko:
Don't take offense to the posts. Use them as a method of seeing the other side of the fence. You might just see things in a different light.

sandiegojones

SKAbatula said:
To everyone who has a problem with Agent Spalko:
Don't take offense to the posts. Use them as a method of seeing the other side of the fence. You might just see things in a different light.

I don't take offense to the posts. Stating opinions is what this site is for, but when your opinion declared untrue and someone else claims theirs is fact, that's when I get upset.

sandiegojones

Agent Spalko said:
Fact, Batman Begins is flawed.

Like I said, you claim your opinion is fact, therefore believing that your opinion invalidates my opinion somehow.

Maybe you should read what you type more clearly if you feel I'm making baseless accusations.

sandiegojones said:
Like I said, you claim your opinion is fact, therefore believing that your opinion invalidates my opinion somehow.

Maybe you should read what you type more clearly if you feel I'm making baseless accusations.

Reciprocally what makes your opinion any more valid? You stated yours, I stated mine, but you're the one who felt threatened by mine as if it was invalidating your own and proceeded to resort to verbal insults. That's your problem, not mine.