new feeling over KOTCS!!!

Indy~Annie

wow! im glad other people felt the same way as i did.hehe and i thought i was all by me onesy.:p

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I GOT ANOTHER QUESTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i wont start a thread cause i already did start one yesterday....

ok...when Indy's at Doom Town and the Bomb was fixing to be launched.they showed the bomb and i thought i remembered seeing "I Like Ike" written on it with red coloring,but now on dvd i couldnt see the writing (so apparently its not there.:rolleyes: ) was i going crazy in the theater?lol

Avilos

It's funny Indy~Annie, i was thinking of the very same thing watching the DVD. I was a big fan of the film in theaters. But it just seemed better now.

Theories-

1 I have grownup watching the films on TV. Whether on video tape or Cable and now DVDs. I only saw Last Crusade as a kid when it first came out. But I barely remember that. I was too young. As an adult I was able to see Raiders and Temple of Doom on the big screen a few years back. But still I am used to watching Indy on TV.

2 ALso the sound and picture was superior on DVD! Many complained about the music being to soft in theaters. Not a problem with the DVD. Also the effects seem more seamless on the DVD. This is not just a problem with this movie. Its a problem with theaters in general these days. The owners do a poor job with projector settings and adjusting sound systems.

arkfinder

Indy~Annie said:
wow! im glad other people felt the same way as i did.hehe and i thought i was all by me onesy.:p

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I GOT ANOTHER QUESTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i wont start a thread cause i already did start one yesterday....

ok...when Indy's at Doom Town and the Bomb was fixing to be launched.they showed the bomb and i thought i remembered seeing "I Like Ike" written on it with red coloring,but now on dvd i couldnt see the writing (so apparently its not there.:rolleyes: ) was i going crazy in the theater?lol

No it's there. Did you get widescreen? Or full screen?

metalinvader

Indy~Annie said:

It's still there.'I like Ike" was always written in white.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
indy34 said:
I won't be seeing it till the 30th:( doesn't come out in Australia till then:( 2 more weeks:(

I know..... I feel your pain.... However, I read a Blockbuster video catalog and they're got it coming out on the 29th. It's a day earlier. I don't know whether it's the double disc version or the single disc though. My heart's set on the double disc but I don't like the cover. I prefer the theatrical poster with everyone on it.

Agent Z

Violet Indy said:
I know..... I feel your pain.... However, I read a Blockbuster video catalog and they're got it coming out on the 29th. It's a day earlier. I don't know whether it's the double disc version or the single disc though. My heart's set on the double disc but I don't like the cover. I prefer the theatrical poster with everyone on it.

Not that you would, but to anyone thinking of getting the single disc for any reason...DON'T!!

You will be missing out on some extremely cool special features which, for once, are truly special! :whip:

For those who don't like the dvd cover art, I'm sure you can find customs ones online easily. :)

And what is this about the Crystal Skull musical guys?! :eek:

*picturing Indy and Irina slowdancing underneath a moonlight-accented stage*

*swoons*

MaxPhactor23

Darth Vile said:
This is not to enflame or create argument… But I know you have always disliked the movie and have been adamant about the issues you have with it (which is your prerogative)... so I'm curious to know why you purchased/secured the DVD? I may have misunderstood, but you’ve never appeared ambivalent towards KOTCS. Surely the risk is that you are just lining the pockets of Lucas/Spielberg, and helping fuel an inevitable Indy V - which will be conceptualized and produced in the same manner?

My family knows I’m an Indiana Jones fan, but I don’t particularly discuss this stuff with them…was a gift. Considering it is a part of the Indy series, whether I like it or not, I accepted as not to appear ungrateful. It's the thought that counts. Plus (more-or-less) I did legitimately want the second disc just to see quite why they decided to take the script through all those (what I would deem) boneheaded moves. I was curious about justifications on Georges part in particular. Of course I still don’t think anything could quite justify the ridiculous concept of aliens in Indiana Jones…but what the heck? It’s not all bad anyway. I rarely decline a gift and returning typically means I have to wait in an hour long line at Wal-Mart surrounded by red-necked trailer trash staring me down (with their evil eye) for the liberal hippie that I am. Maybe they're just jealous that I have all my teeth. So I’d rather be lazy and keep the movie then suffer through my local inbred Hell-mart return line.

davidsal

Waiting to get it on the mail. This wait is killing me, not different from the wait in May.:rolleyes:

Is refreshing to see that many are starting to see the positives of this movie. I know it have problems, big ones. But it's FUN, FUN, FUN. (y)

WeAreGoingToDie

Agent Z said:
And what is this about the Crystal Skull musical guys?! :eek:

*picturing Indy and Irina slowdancing underneath a moonlight-accented stage*

*swoons*

Oh, you mean SKULL! the musical? Well considering Young Frankenstein and Legally Blond got theirs, then it's only a matter of time, right? Don't forget the "Graveyard Boogie Woogie" dance number. :whip:

Indy's brother

WeAreGoingToDie said:
Oh, you mean SKULL! the musical? Well considering Young Frankenstein and Legally Blond got theirs, then it's only a matter of time, right? Don't forget the "Graveyard Boogie Woogie" dance number. :whip:

Don't forget Evil Dead and Monty Python's Spamalot. I think Skull was meant for the stage!

Darth Vile

MaxPhactor23 said:
My family knows I?m an Indiana Jones fan, but I don?t particularly discuss this stuff with them?was a gift. Considering it is a part of the Indy series, whether I like it or not, I accepted as not to appear ungrateful. It's the thought that counts. Plus (more-or-less) I did legitimately want the second disc just to see quite why they decided to take the script through all those (what I would deem) boneheaded moves. I was curious about justifications on Georges part in particular. Of course I still don?t think anything could quite justify the ridiculous concept of aliens in Indiana Jones?but what the heck? It?s not all bad anyway. I rarely decline a gift and returning typically means I have to wait in an hour long line at Wal-Mart surrounded by red-necked trailer trash staring me down (with their evil eye) for the liberal hippie that I am. Maybe they're just jealous that I have all my teeth. So I?d rather be lazy and keep the movie then suffer through my local inbred Hell-mart return line.

Fair enough...

sandiegojones

MaxPhactor23 said:
My family knows I?m an Indiana Jones fan, but I don?t particularly discuss this stuff with them?was a gift. Considering it is a part of the Indy series, whether I like it or not, I accepted as not to appear ungrateful. It's the thought that counts. Plus (more-or-less) I did legitimately want the second disc just to see quite why they decided to take the script through all those (what I would deem) boneheaded moves. I was curious about justifications on Georges part in particular. Of course I still don?t think anything could quite justify the ridiculous concept of aliens in Indiana Jones?but what the heck? It?s not all bad anyway. I rarely decline a gift and returning typically means I have to wait in an hour long line at Wal-Mart surrounded by red-necked trailer trash staring me down (with their evil eye) for the liberal hippie that I am. Maybe they're just jealous that I have all my teeth. So I?d rather be lazy and keep the movie then suffer through my local inbred Hell-mart return line.
I think you'll be surprised to find how much of the the decision making was Speilberg's.

Indy~Annie said:
maybe its cause i never seen Indy at the theater just at home....hmmm...

I started to feel that way last night, too. I think time and repeated viewings actually reward these types of films. There are still some problems, but I'm enjoying it more and more.

AtomicAge

WeAreGoingToDie said:
And how much was shot on location and how much wasn't CG.

I was surprised at how big the physical sets were and how complete they were. I had no idea they built a 3 story tall pyramid on the Universal backlot.

Doug

Avilos

One sequence gets better and better every time I see it. When they enter Akator. Discovering how to release the sand from the Obelisk. Then seeing the group descend down the retracting stairs. Hearing the score better helps this scene tremendously!!!

Last edited:

Indy~Annie

arkfinder said:
No it's there. Did you get widescreen? Or full screen?

ok i must of just missed it....oh i got wide screen.:D the rest of my Indy dvds are wide screen so might as well make them all the same.:p

metalinvader said:
It's still there.'I like Ike" was always written in white.
ok,lol it was in white? oops.hehe

WeAreGoingToDie

Was a full screen of KOTS even released? If not, excellent! The less of those the better. I can't even tell you how many times I've read about a Target or Best Buy dvd sale, only to find they're all full screen releases. (n)