Comics

tigersharka

Friends...I have collected different comics over the years of my favorite heroes. Batman, superman, etc.

I am new to Indiana Jones comics. Which are the best to collect? :confused:

I notice the different marking for similar comics offered on eBay. e.g. Raiders , Temple, Crusade with either a scanner bar or Spiderman mask.

Any suggestions are welcome...thanks!
;)

Joosse

Do you want to collect them for their collectability, or do you want to read them?

Because if it's the latter, Dark Horse Comics has brought out 5 omnibusses that collect all the Indiana Jones Comics out there.

Two of them collect the stories that were published by Dark Horse in the nineties, wich includes such favorites as the comics adaptation of the Fate of Atlantis.

Three otheres, labeled 'the further adventures of Indiana Jones' collect the comics that were published by Marvel in the eighties, and this also includes the comic adaptations from the original three movies.

These omnibusses should be relatively easy to get, as they have only been released in the last couple of years.

Lance Quazar

Courtesy of my fairy god, uh, father, I have a modest collection of vintage Indy comics and they're pretty wonderful. I definitely want to get the Omnibuses at some point....

I also heartily recommend the more recent "Indiana Jones Adventures Volume 1", a "digest size" comic released in 2008.

"Volume 2" is disappointing, but not terrible.

I have no use whatsoever for "Tomb of the Gods."

lao che & sons

Like Joose siad it's all about if you want the originals or not. But here's what I know as far as the Indy comic history.

In 1981 Marvel did a 3 issue series addaption of Raiders. Then later that year they released 1 Raiders comic book that collected all 3 stories (my personal fvorite piece in my collection)

Then in 1982 (pretty sure) Marvel started a series of Indy comics called "The Further Adventures of Indiana Jones" This ran for 26 comics (correct me if I'm wrong there) with 12 comics per year.

In 1984 they released a 3 comic adaption series for Temple of Doom and later on 1 comic that collected all three issues into one.

In 1989 Marvel made their last Indy comics with a 4 issue adaption of the last crusade. I remember hearing that these issues had variant covers but I may be wrong. Then later they released them all in one comic.

Now Dark Horse comics dd a few Indy adventures such as one of my favorites "Thunder in the Orient" and an adaption of the video game: "Fate of Atlantis" I don't remember the other series' of the top of my head.

Dark Horse also did 12 issues of the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles. I believe that the first issue has a few variant covers or something like that.

In 2008 Dark Horse did a 2 comic adaption (each with variant covers) of Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. And they did a story called "Tomb of the Gods"

Joose told you about the omnibus books

So that's pretty much the history that I know off the top of my head. As for prices: I got all of my Further Adventures books for about $2 a piece (but check ebay sometimes they have the entire lot for a good price) I got the young Indy's for around the same price as well as the movie adaptions. The 2008 dark horse comics were $6 per KOTCS comic and I think $4 for each tomb of the gods comic. THe omnibus' run at about $25:gun:

So that concludes my longest post yet.

Montana Smith

lao che & sons said:
Then in 1982 (pretty sure) Marvel started a series of Indy comics called "The Further Adventures of Indiana Jones" This ran for 26 comics (correct me if I'm wrong there) with 12 comics per year.

They ran for 34 issues. I have issues 4-29 in hard copy, and the whole lot plus loads of other Indy comics on disc.

The Further Adventures of... had some great artwork, but some of the stories were a bit odd.

lao che & sons

Montana Smith said:
They ran for 34 issues. I have issues 4-29 in hard copy, and the whole lot plus loads of other Indy comics on disc.

The Further Adventures of... had some great artwork, but some of the stories were a bit odd.

Ok. Thanks. Yeah some of of those stories we're kind of strange. But I can see some of the temple of doom references