Disney eyeing Chris Pratt

Tell you what I'm getting a bit sick of certain people choosing me as there little emotional punch bag..well I'm not a doormat. I've also been on here some 4years. So some idiot that just joins thinks it's fun to pick on the strong boy?

Just because I speak my mind you don't like it, also just being a "mod" doesn't give you the power to run the world..ok?

Z dweller

Túrin Turambar said:
Tell you what I'm getting a bit sick of certain people choosing me as there little emotional punch bag..well I'm not a doormat. I've also been on here some 4years. So some idiot that just joins thinks it's fun to pick on the strong boy?

Just because I speak my mind you don't like it, also just being a "mod" doesn't give you the power to run the world..ok?
Well, you shouldn't be surprised that people are bored with your posts.

This thread is about the Pratt rumor: you don't like him, we get it, you said it a million times.

Why don't you just ignore this thread, instead of repeating yourself over and over again?

Finn

Staff member
You know, nobody knows how Disney intends to focus test this thing. By the looks of things, somebody here believes that the one who keeps the most noise in this thread gets to speak for everybody.

Who knows, maybe that's indeed what they figure they'll do. Stranger things have happened. However, that's not what you should focus on. The thing you should is the fact that there are people around who can easily silence that noisiest guy if they so desire.

And if said people feel really catty, they can even create a large number of virtual identities telling Disney that they want Pratt's babies while he's wearing nothing but the hat.

But nobody wants that, do we? So pipe the f**k down people. And keep it civil.

JasonMa

Túrin Turambar said:

First, lets get this out of the way:
Your join date: May 2012
My join date: Feb 2012

Yeah, I didn't post much and I dropped out of following the forum for a while due to the rest of my life, but the idea that I "just joined" is way off base considering I've been here longer than you.

Secondly, you lost the high ground to talk about being used as a "punching bag" when your response to my post included:
"terrible ridiculous suggestions"
"the sad Pratt fanboys"

So to summarize, I was here before you and you started using me as the punching bag first. If anything your post applies to you far more than it does me.

Pale Horse

Staff member
I feel it's important here too, to remind every member that the one thing that sets TheRaven apart is it's diversity. We have members from every part of the world in every aspect of prosperity and age. We are proud of that and have been a staple of respect of your fellow member far beyond those other extensions of the web that do their best to limit their reach.

That being said, one thing that will kill a member, thread, and forum is one-dimensionality.

That is as diplomatically as I will say it.

The short version, is "be interesting". And quit the whiny bitching, folks. You're grown-ups now. Act like it.

JasonMa said:
First, lets get this out of the way:
Your join date: May 2012
My join date: Feb 2012

Yeah, I didn't post much and I dropped out of following the forum for a while due to the rest of my life, but the idea that I "just joined" is way off base considering I've been here longer than you.

Secondly, you lost the high ground to talk about being used as a "punching bag" when your response to my post included:
"terrible ridiculous suggestions"
"the sad Pratt fanboys"

So to summarize, I was here before you and you started using me as the punching bag first. If anything your post applies to you far more than it does me.

You joined same year but nobody even knows who you are? You have posted 31 times in nearly 4 years. Pretty pointless even becoming a member? High ground?

My army is bigger then your army. This is not the playground. You joined two months before me worpy**** t. That does not make you a better human being then me does it? I only use constructive criticism when needed..no? Not a leg to stand on old boy.

Good day.:)

Billy Ray

Túrin Turambar said:
Doesn't matter Harrison as kept fit and strong his hole life, he as the body of a 45year old man. They did a test a while ago. Despite his weed smoking and his occasional drink. He still works out every other day.

Have you seen the bulging vanes on his four arms? 73 year old man? Drinking from that joiners cup paid of hey.?

Harrison Ford has four arms?

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Moderation 101

Things may be a bit quieter in this thread for the coming week or so, which offers an opportunity for a lesson. Anyone need a hint? Well, you see where it says "IndyFan" under your name? We try to be pretty hospitable around here, but we have our quirks, and one is that we don't let anyone who has "Guest" under their name post, at least for a little while. A quick glance in this thread should produce an example.

How do you avoid earning such a designation? My colleagues gave a pretty good indication above: keep it civil, be respectful of difference, and act like grown-ups. As to what to avoid: noisy one-dimensionality, harping on the same thing over and over again, and, above all else, our key ban- or suspension-worthy offense:being nasty, inflammatory, overly personal, insulting, or just plain mean.

We're not here to curb anybody's opinions - there are too few of them being aired these days as it is - but we will curb any behavior that endangers the common cordiality and integrity of the discussion, regardless of what opinion that behavior's pushing.

Here endeth the lesson.

here-endeth-the-lesson.jpg

Gabeed

The problem with Chris Pratt, as I see it, is that he's a comedian first and you always get this "Andy from Parks and Rec" feel from him that he's adorably stupid. A lovable oaf. I couldn't really take him seriously in Jurassic World partially for that reason. Honestly, when I saw Mad Max earlier this year, I thought that Tom Hardy would be a better Indy, which in a way I simultaneously see as sacrilege since Indy is such an American hero. But Hardy does nevertheless have a gravitas to him that I find lacking in the majority of American actors, and certainly Pratt.

Basically, I think of that awesome scene in the beginning of Raiders at the college with the G-men, and Indy says "The Nazis have found Tanis," and he and Marcus both have this light in their eyes as he says it--that implication that they're reveling in the mystery, like giddy schoolboys for a moment. I can't see Chris Pratt pulling that off. I'd sooner see Bradley Cooper, Chris Pine, or Tom Hardy attempting it though none of them are amazing choices themselves.

JasonMa

Taken from Harrison Ford's own retelling of his first acting role:
he said, you're never going to make it in this business.
Just forget about it.
He said the first time Tony Curtis was ever in a movie, he delivered a bag of groceries.
You took one look at that guy and you said that's a movie star.
And I leaned across his desk and I said, I thought you were supposed to think that that was a grocery delivery boy!
So we can't assume that we're supposed to think that Chris Pratt's characters are goofballs? There's no chance that's not just acting?

Attila the Professor

Staff member
JasonMa said:
Taken from Harrison Ford's own retelling of his first acting role:

So we can't assume that we're supposed to think that Chris Pratt's characters are goofballs? There's no chance that's not just acting?

A little more viewership for <I>Zero Dark Thirty</I> or <I>Moneyball</I>, to name just two, might help broaden some minds, too.

Grizzlor

Gabeed said:
The problem with Chris Pratt, as I see it, is that he's a comedian first and you always get this "Andy from Parks and Rec" feel from him that he's adorably stupid. A lovable oaf. I couldn't really take him seriously in Jurassic World partially for that reason. Honestly, when I saw Mad Max earlier this year, I thought that Tom Hardy would be a better Indy, which in a way I simultaneously see as sacrilege since Indy is such an American hero. But Hardy does nevertheless have a gravitas to him that I find lacking in the majority of American actors, and certainly Pratt.

Basically, I think of that awesome scene in the beginning of Raiders at the college with the G-men, and Indy says "The Nazis have found Tanis," and he and Marcus both have this light in their eyes as he says it--that implication that they're reveling in the mystery, like giddy schoolboys for a moment. I can't see Chris Pratt pulling that off. I'd sooner see Bradley Cooper, Chris Pine, or Tom Hardy attempting it though none of them are amazing choices themselves.

Aside from Hardy, all of those guys lack deep voices, the kind like Harrison's. I think that's a big reason he was so perfect for the role. I easily took Pratt seriously in JW, I think he put his comedy chops away well. That being said, his role there was an odd one, because aside from the action aspect, the script was written really with Bryce Dallas Howard (who I adore) as the true lead character.