KotCS James Rollins novelization

IndyFan89

-Jones- said:
Amber /Poland/ publishing house will publish /9th May/ the novelization of KotCS movie.

BEWARE! SPOILERS!!!!

Here's the short synopsis /quick translation/:

Year 1957. American archaeologists who are examining the Mayan temple are attacked by the soviet commandos. Russians murder the scientists and kidnap the head of the expedition - Dr. Indiana Jones. And that's how the new adventure of the famous archaeologist starts. Secret American base in Area 51, Nazca burial grounds, forgotten valley in Peru and the mysterious pyramid - there Indy fights with the insidious enemy. The stake is something greater that all wonders of the world...

Where did you find this?

AHegele

I still think that the first time we see indy is when he gets out of the trunk, the shot of his shadow against the car is too great of an introduction for the actual film not to use.

The Man

AHegele said:
I still think that the first time we see indy is when he gets out of the trunk, the shot of his shadow against the car is too great of an introduction for the actual film not to use.

Specifically, it's the hat we see first, flung from the the trunk by one of the Russkie "presidents".

Deckard

AHegele said:

Sounds legit to me. I think thats a good way for the russians to have gotten Jones by kidnapping him, and they bring him back for w/e reason. We won't see this though, it will start w/ him in the trunk like I said, You have those mountains in the desert in the beginning of the trailer that are perfect to fade from the paramount logo to, then pan down to the cars and Indy in the trunk. And like Hegele said that silhouette shot.

I think they'll probably discuss what happened w/ the russians murdering scientists once Indy is back at the college campus. We'll learn about all of that through discussion w/ Jim Broadbent and maybe Ian Mcdiarmid if hes really in it.

oki9Sedo

I don't think that will be an introductory shot at all......I think it will just be a cool shot to show Indy being defiant.

After getting thrown on the ground like an animal, he gets up, strides over defiantly and with dignity and pulls his hat off the ground, and puts it back on. Its a simple "F*** you" to the Russians.

JerryKing

But I gotta ask: why the heck is Poland getting the novelization of KotCS as early as May 9th?! Is it the James Rollins book?

It must be because James Rollins is in fact named James Czajkowski... :D

JerryKing

Here's its cover, by the way - with Struzan's teaser, same as everywhere:
978-83-2413-066-5.jpg

-Jones-

JerryKing said:
Here's its cover, by the way - with Struzan's teaser, same as everywhere:
978-83-2413-066-5.jpg

I've posted this cover on the first page of this topic...

And Jim, not James Czajkowski...

Dr.Sartorius

I don't know if this deserves its own thread, so....

There's some big spoilers in the Indiana Jones Mad Libs book.

There's some very reassuring info regarding the whole Mutt/heir thing. Apparently by the end of the movie the time isn't right for Mutt to inherit the fedora. He decides to go back to school instead of becoming Indy Jr.

The book also mentions that Indy marries Marion at some point.

The Man

Dr.Sartorius said:
I don't know if this deserves its own thread, so....

There's some big spoilers in the Indiana Jones Mad Libs book.

There's some very reassuring info regarding the whole Mutt/heir thing. Apparently by the end of the movie the time isn't right for Mutt to inherit the fedora. He decides to go back to school instead of becoming Indy Jr.

The book also mentions that Indy marries Marion at some point.

Kiss me...;)

The Man

Maybe Mutt can take over the academic end of things, leaving Indy even more time to globe-trot...

WillKill4Food

-Jones- said:
Well, according to a crappy Polish translator it says:
Year 1957. American archeologists, which (who) research temple of may, they have been hit at by. Soviet commandos. Russians murder scientists and new adventure of famous archeologist abduct chief expedition ? doctor indiana begin Jonesa.Tak. Secret american base in zone 51, cemetery on płaskowyżu Nazca, disappeared valley in (to) peru and there magic pyramid becomes for duel with tricky opponent ? Indy. Something is rate, all miracles of worlds pale at that.
Kind of staticy, aye?

-Jones-

181812gs3.jpg

As you can see, I have THE BOOK ^^. I know the ending, I know it all!

The film will be amazing!

If you guys want some spoilers, then say so in this topic ;).

Last edited:

Dr. Indy Jones

-Jones- said:
As you can see, I have THE BOOK ^^. I know the ending, I know it all!

The film will be amazing!

If you guys want some spoilers, then say so in this topic ;).

I want some spoilers, please bring them on!!! ;) :whip: