Foreign language dialogue

phatr32

In Indi and the last crusade, tank scene in the desert.

What does the gay sounding/looking german guy say when he looks through the periscope and see Indi's face pushed up against it?

steve

Finn

Staff member
"These Americans, they're fighting like sissies." Then he gets the periscope onto his head...

More questions?

Paden

Wait a second. What was this thread about again? Kayaking in Turkey or something, wasn't it? ;)

Indyologist

Finn said:
"These Americans, they're fighting like sissies." Then he gets the periscope onto his head...

More questions?

This question has been asked before and someone said the translation was "this American fights like a woman" The last word he says sound like "wiber" (pronounced vie-bur). That means "sissy?"

------

I just went to a web site and put in "The Americans fight like sissies" and had it translated to German. It came up with:

Die Amerikaner kämpfen wie Weichlinge (weichlinge means "weakling").

It still doesn't sound like what he was saying. The guy was looking at Indy's face REALLY up close in the periscope, so maybe he was saying that Indy is ugly or that he needs a shave, or maybe he's got a big nose or something. I guess the only way we'll know is to actually ask someone who speaks German. Anyone know anyone like that?

Jay R. Zay

i'd suggest "these americans, they fight like broads". i'm pretty sure that every comprehensive dictionary would offer "Weib" as a translation of the american slang term "broad". ;)

Finn

Staff member
I'm not sure of the location, but I'd reckon it's somewhere in the Antarctic.

Tennessee R

The Dead Sea is the lowest spot of land on planet earth, at around 1200 ft. below sea level, however, the depths of the Dead Sea cannot be thouroughly explored because of the high salt content.

So, what is the altitude, measurig from the bottom of the deepest spot in the Dead Sea (Which is really a lake) ? ;)

phatr32

so your saying no one has ever been at the bottom of the dead sea?? no subs? interesting, i wonder if that were atlantis is buried?? :whip:

steve

Tennessee R

As far as I know, no subs.
They can't make one heavy enough (And the visibility is horrible too).
Interesting, huh?

qwerty

Plus, why would anybody explore the bottom of the Dead Sea. What is so interesting about it. There is more stuff to find at the bottom of the swiming pool.