Are vests that out of place?

Nurhachi1991

I recently found my Young Indy style vest it looks similar to the one he wore in the first half of Love's Sweet Song anyway's I wore it to school today and got alot of strange looks and comments? Are vests out of style or something I thought it looked cool.

Looks like this one but does not have a pattern

yi08.jpg

jamesdude

i think Vests are more of a retro look. thats probably why you got weird looks because no one wears that anymore (from what ive seen).

Save it for halloween, thats probably the only time people wont care. "is that your costume?"

if you catch my drift

Niteshade007

I think it depends. Wearing a vest like that with the button down and the tie to school isn't going to be cool, but I have a black one that I have worn with a white t-shirt before. I also left it unbuttoned. I think it just depends on how you're wearing it.

Gear

Eh, who really cares what people think?; I'm wearing a sweater vest right now.

Be yourself.

Nurhachi1991

No I do not wear a long sleeve shirt and tie that would look odd.

Just the vest buttoned down and a dark blue shirt.

The Golden Idol

Nurhachi1991 said:
No I do not wear a long sleeve shirt and tie that would look odd.

Just the vest buttoned down and a dark blue shirt.

Shirt as in T-Shirt? A casual t-shirt with a dress-clothes vest would look really odd.

Nurhachi1991

Yeah I guess it does look kinda off. The best insult they could come up with is it looked like the guy from Superbad..........

Niteshade007

The Golden Idol said:
I don't know... I kinda think combining dress clothes with street clothes looks weird, unless you're a punk rocker. :p

Well that's the look I'm assuming he was going for.

I actually see people wearing stuff like that, and as I said, I did once as well, but it's mostly the artsy crowd that does it.

Nurhachi1991

I'm not trying to be artsy I just wanted to add a look of class to myself. No one really dresses up anymore it's just to casual and with a good hat the vest looks pretty good.

Gear

Well, as I said; be yourself. Don't do things just because everyone else does.

Celebrate diversity, individuality, that sorta thing, but be conscience of how you appear to others.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Maybe I'm odd, but I don't understand what was so odd about wearing a vest with a t-shirt?

I guess that's because I do that a lot...

And I go to an Arts School.... there's a lot weirder stuff that I see there. There are even kids who think they're fairies that live in mushrooms. They had an ad up on the board looking for a room mate, and they said it on the ad. They're serious. They dress like fairies! :confused:

Maybe Oz is backward too. Maybe it's gone out of style in the US and it will go out of style for us next season. In any case, I really think it's hot when a guy wears a vest with a shirt in the clubs. It isn't too dressy but it isn't too casual either.
(y)

Nurhachi1991

indy34 said:
I think it all depends on how you wear it just look at the movie Super Bad:p

Thanks for the great answer Violet Indy

and Indy34 Fogel already looked like a dork without the vest

" Fogel take that vest offf you look like Aladdin":p