Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Indiana Jones 5
User Name
Password

Old 11-01-2007, 06:34 PM   #26
Jedinizar
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKAbatula
Shouldn't this thread be in the Spoilers section?

I really wanted to wait until the official movie to see if he had "man boob's" or not.

I mean, at least change the thread title to say something about it. I was just casually browsing the forums, saw a thread about Harrison's age...which seemed harmless and spoil-free enough, and BAM...here's all this talk about Harrison's chest region...which to me is the most important part of the upcoming movie.

Now I don't even have to see KOTCS...thanks a lot!

I hope u are joking
Jedinizar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 08:11 PM   #27
sarah navarro
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedinizar
I hope u are joking
Yah its a joke,ive read this thread at least 3 times through and its still making laugh (when i mean laugh i mean really loud)Man titties are so funny
sarah navarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 11:32 PM   #28
Kingsley
IndyFan

Smiling makes young!
Seriously, he looks pretty natural in that interview, and looks very good... what was he trying to do with earrings, beards and strange haircuts in the last years?
Kingsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 09:18 AM   #29
deckard24
IndyFan

Kingsley, I agree he was trying too hard for a while there to look younger. He rocked this current look in the 70's, 80's 90's, and now, and it always has been his best. He looks great right now, better then I can remember in a long time.

This thread is hilarious, but I'd bet money Ford is in better shpae at 65 than the majority of posters on The Raven. Not to mention, Ford's moobs are tiny in comparison to the Guvanahh!
deckard24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 09:38 AM   #30
indyfan85
IndyFan

I thought harrison looked fine in Firewall. On the set of Indiana Jones 4 he looked even better, I think he has alot of charisma even at 65.
indyfan85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 09:43 AM   #31
Ska
IndyFan

Yeah it was definitely a joke!

What really makes me laugh is that there's all this stuff we could be talking about for Indy IV...and what do we chose...?

I mean, really, Indy IV is coming to theaters in less than 8 months! Seriously think about that...I mean, wow.

Sure it may sound cheesy, but I've (we've) been waiting for this since 1989 after LC.

The last thing (and I actually mean THE last thing) that I care about is Harrison Ford's chest.
Ska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 10:02 AM   #32
ClintonHammond

"Indy IV is coming to theaters in less than 8 months! Seriously think about that..."

I have... and I find very little reason to get very excited at all....
ClintonHammond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 11:14 AM   #33
Ska
IndyFan

3,000 posts on an Indy message board, and you aren't excited?

I assume that anyone who regularly posts on this message board is OBSESSED with anything Indy...as I am.

My friends and I have made fan films.

I go along with my wife and her family to yard sales and flea markets JUST to find old Indy-related items and memoribilia.

I couldn't even tell you how many times I've watched the movies (and Young Indy series).

Indy got me so into the adventure genre that I've seen just about every movie that has someone wearing khaki's.

There have only been 3 times in history that Indiana Jones has been in theater. This coming May will make 4. And despite the rumors, it will probably be the last time. Since I've never seen an Indy movie in a theater (I was 3 months old when Raiders came out...and only jumped on the Indy wagon when LC was on VHS), this is a once in a lifetime event for me.

If that's something I shouldn't be excited for, then I don't know what is.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:08 PM   #34
Adolf Hitler
IndyFan

Quote:
If that's something I shouldn't be excited for, then I don't know what is.

The prospect of getting a life maybe? Hell, I'm a fan and although I'm not a big collector I do own an Herbert Johnson Poet. But, as much as I am looking forward to a couple of hours in the cinema next May, it is, at the end of the day, only a f*cking movie. I mean is there nothing more important for you to get excited about? Your career, children, family, wife??
Adolf Hitler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 02:10 PM   #35
oki9Sedo
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by commontone
Unless you saw Harrison topless, there's no way of knowing if those are authentic man-boobs or just muscular pecs.

You obviously haven't touched a weight in your life, commontone. I'm an avid weightlifter and studied anatomy for two years as part of my college course, and can tell you those are not muscular pecs, they're man boobs.
oki9Sedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 02:49 PM   #36
ClintonHammond

"I assume..."
A dangerous thing to do at the best of times...

"it is, at the end of the day, only a f*cking movie"
Hear hear!
Old 11-02-2007, 03:07 PM   #37
commontone
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by oki9Sedo
You obviously haven't touched a weight in your life, commontone. I'm an avid weightlifter and studied anatomy for two years as part of my college course, and can tell you those are not muscular pecs, they're man boobs.

I've lifted weights before, but I'm more the runner type.

Of course you studied anatomy. Good thing, 'cause it lends you much credibility.
commontone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 03:21 PM   #38
oki9Sedo
IndyFan

Quote:

Its quite obvious that those are man boobs. You can tell by the shape.

Quote:
Of course you studied anatomy. Good thing, 'cause it lends you much credibility.

Sarcasm comes across very well on print.
Old 11-02-2007, 03:59 PM   #39
loganbush
IndyFan

Quote:
Quote:

There's not only fat there, the muscles make them bigger. I did football and those are just 30 year old pecs with a little extra fat. He sure as heck doesn't have moobs now.
loganbush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 04:00 PM   #40
oki9Sedo
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganbush
There's not only fat there, muscle make them bigger. I did football and those are just 30 year old pecs.

Well of course there's both there, but my point is anyone who says "Wow, look how buff his pecs are!" would be disappointed if they felt them.
Old 11-02-2007, 04:55 PM   #41
commontone
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by oki9Sedo
Sarcasm comes across very well on print.

Sorry. It's just a phenomenon I've noticed on internet forums that someone is always there to proclaim their superior credentials...if there's a discussion about, say, bees, someone is absolutely bound to pipe in with "My dad is a beekeeper and I just finished my doctorate in entomology and I think...." It's just very hard to believe claims of credibility on the internet, for me anyway.
commontone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 05:07 PM   #42
oki9Sedo
IndyFan

Quote:
Sorry. It's just a phenomenon I've noticed on internet forums that someone is always there to proclaim their superior credentials...if there's a discussion about, say, bees, someone is absolutely bound to pipe in with "My dad is a beekeeper and I just finished my doctorate in entomology and I think...." It's just very hard to believe claims of credibility on the internet, for me anyway.

Well I DID actually study human anatomy for two years as part of my degree, but I that doesn't make me better at telling the difference between man boobs and pecs!

In any case, I'm an avid weightlifter and its obvious that he has man boobs. I'm sure there's plenty of muscle there too though.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:09 PM   #43
Vendetta08
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adolf Hitler
The prospect of getting a life maybe? Hell, I'm a fan and although I'm not a big collector I do own an Herbert Johnson Poet. But, as much as I am looking forward to a couple of hours in the cinema next May, it is, at the end of the day, only a f*cking movie. I mean is there nothing more important for you to get excited about? Your career, children, family, wife??

Away you damn nazi!
Vendetta08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 08:28 AM   #44
Ska
IndyFan

Quote:

I do have a career and a wife. And they are WAY more important than anything. And if we are able to have children, they will top the list.

That being said, I never said that an Indy movie is the most important item in my life. But that doesn't mean that I'm not extremely excited for it!

And to not stray too off topic in this thread, I don't care if Lucas wants Indy to have a third nipple in Indy IV. Harrison looks to be in great shape. And most importantly, he seems to be having fun.

It's Indy IV. Enjoy it.

I know I will no matter what. As for the rest of the world, I can't enjoy it for them.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:23 PM   #45
OhioJones
IndyFan

Quote:
But that doesn't mean that I'm not extremely excited for it!

Harrison looks to be in great shape. And most importantly, he seems to be having fun.

It's Indy IV. Enjoy it.

I know I will no matter what. As for the rest of the world, I can't enjoy it for them.

My thoughts exactly!
OhioJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 01:17 PM   #46
deckard24
IndyFan

This thread was funny for a second, but I can't believe Ford's physical shape is under such scrutiny. As I said before, I'm sure Ford at 65 years of age is in better shape than most of the posters on this site. He might be getting older looking in the face, but the guy's physique is incredibly impressive for his age. I highly doubt the majority of people here will look a fraction of as good as Ford does at 65.

Hysterical!
deckard24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 02:08 PM   #47
oki9Sedo
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckard24
This thread was funny for a second, but I can't believe Ford's physical shape is under such scrutiny. As I said before, I'm sure Ford at 65 years of age is in better shape than most of the posters on this site. He might be getting older looking in the face, but the guy's physique is incredibly impressive for his age. I highly doubt the majority of people here will look a fraction of as good as Ford does at 65.

Hysterical!

I agree. But they're still man boobs.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:04 PM   #48
Indie House
IndyFan

Quote:

Every 'spectator sport' out there has their hardcore fans... be it television shows, movies or sport itself. And whilst I don't fall into that category, I can feel happy for those that do and admire their passion and elation.

What a wonderful thing it must be to carry the 'child like' sense of wonder through your adult life where everyone else has grown up and lost the ability to find magic in such things.

For all those 'die hards' out there... you go your hardest and enjoy this time as indulgently as you can... and don't listen to those that will try and victimise you for it.

Indie House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 07:17 PM   #49
ClintonHammond

"don't listen to those that will try and victimise you for it"

Or to put it another way...

"Illegitimi Non Carborundum"

A psudo-Latin phrase usually taken to mean "Don't let the bastards grind you down."

http://www.santacruzpl.org/readyref/.../bastard.shtml
Old 11-04-2007, 12:19 AM   #50
No Ticket
IndyFan

I've yet to see enough good photos of Mr. Ford on-set to worry about his moobs. Or bresticles. Or whatever fun term you wanna use. I thought that if you worked out, it would tighten them up again, so that they'd look better. That pic of Ford was before Indy 4 wasn't it?

Eh, whatever. I bet he looks good on film. What we should worry about more than his looks is whether or not the story is gonna blow. That to me, is more likely to be the thing that makes Indy 4 not work.
No Ticket is offline   Reply With Quote