Wanted: press kit photos Indy 3

Looking for the press kit photos for Indiana Jones and the last crusade.
There were 18 in the regular press kit and throwmetheidol tells me there are 65 others. I have a few but I am still looking.
Please let me know if you have any to sell or trade.

ROLLERBALL said:
There were 18 in the regular press kit and throwmetheidol tells me there are 65 others. I have a few but I am still looking.
Keep looking on eBay, there are tons of bootleggers out there...(you're not likely to get originals), I ran across a few other sites and I'll post them once I've dug them up.

ROLLERBALL said:
Thank you. Please let me know where else I can find these photos

This guy is bootlegging Steranko art work:

http://shop.vendio.com/photoworld/item/833470095/index.html

Sift through there you're likely to find what you want.

A mint color shot of a painting by Steranko done for RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK starring Harrison Ford and Karen Allen. Was 2 of 2 pre-production shots sent to Paramount executives to inform them of the new Spielberg/Lucas venture in 1980. This is an exact reproduction glossy 8x10 on premium Kodak paper. Item #1.

JuniorJones said:
What kind of money grabbing moron sells the Steranko prints knowing that they have not been released commerically?! They look like poor prints from the press kit...

Well, that's if someone tells me otherwise...

The listing states its a reproduction, and at $7 a pop plus shipping and handling (!), $10+ per pic is a pretty nice scam.

I'm still torn about the availability of the Audtrailian Daybill in poster size,($15) but this guy is selling the Young Indy ABC Poster for $40!

I looked into making a copy of my Raiders British Quad to hang, but it was too expensive...considering the cost of comercially reproducing, he / she / it has to be minting these privately...and if they are selling -
making a mint!

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Rocket Surgeon said:
The listing states its a reproduction, and at $7 a pop plus shipping and handling (!), $10+ per pic is a pretty nice scam.

Scammulicous! I guess for those that really want it it's...THROW ME THE FRAUD and I'LL GIVE YOU THE CASH!

I guess they betray more than Shiva!!

Last edited:

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Rocket Surgeon said:
Karma in the information age can be a real b!tch, think I'm going to wait on that Austrailian Daybill...!

It's always worth getting the real deal. Always.(y)

JuniorJones said:
It appears the bootlegger has taken the listing down. Maybe they have been listening to our conversations...:p

Really?! Wow that or sold them since there are Press Photos (which don't say repro) and plenty of other stills. This conversation probably sent them our shameless and their money.

Wow, "Photos N' Memorabilia" is selling the Indiana Jones Museum Tour brochures, the free leaflets for $10 a pop! NOT including shipping and handling...amazing.

Hey, he's selling that underwear you've been looking for!

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Rocket Surgeon said:
Really?! Wow that or sold them since there are Press Photos (which don't say repro) and plenty of other stills. This conversation probably sent them our shameless and their money.

Wow, "Photos N' Memorabilia" is selling the Indiana Jones Museum Tour brochures, the free leaflets for $10 a pop! NOT including shipping and handling...amazing.

Well, at least it hasn't fallen of the back of a printer.

Some familiar stuff...

http://shop.vendio.com/photoworld/item/2095862714/index.html

as you can't beat 25 bucks!!

http://raven.theraider.net/showpost.php?p=530535&postcount=6042

Rocket Surgeon said:
Hey, he's selling that underwear you've been looking for!

Nope, I'm wearing mine. Just turn them inside out every so often!:sick:

JuniorJones said:
Well, at least it hasn't fallen of the back of a printer.

Some familiar stuff...

http://shop.vendio.com/photoworld/item/2095862714/index.html

as you can't beat 25 bucks!!

http://raven.theraider.net/showpost.php?p=530535&postcount=6042

Since these posters are cropping up I guess its not difficult to bootleg them...
$25 is nice, but how would you know its real?

For that matter how could the, what was it $400 :)sick: ) Disney Poster be verified, ESPECIALLY when you know the seller reproduces?

This is the type of sh!t that makes collecting such a crap shoot.

This is just like the backstory for the Fertility Idol, (in real life too), regarding the volume of fakes sold in europe.

Bunch of dissolute weasels. Funny the circle: Art imitating life imitating Art...

Belloqs everywhere!

JuniorJones said:
Nope, I'm wearing mine. Just turn them inside out every so often!:sick:
Thank goodness you didn't work with Nadoolman...

Tibor

ROLLERBALL said:

Just as information, I have a set I've had since the movie was released that has 115 different photos. There are some deleted scenes, some behind-the-scenes, multiple different portraits of Allison, several different from a number of scenes (tank chase, Venice, motorcycle argument, etc.). Sorry the quest has just broadened a bit;)

Tibor

No, I'd like to hold on to them. I'll definitely keep an eye out, though. I remember when I first got them I was surprised to see Indy hanging from the vines/roots after almost going over with the tank, and there are a couple of the German flyer going down to the hanger in the zeppelin.

At first I thought, " I don't remember that", but since learned of some of the things that were cut.

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
ROLLERBALL said:
Thanks Tibor, is it possible to send me scans of the deleted scene photos you have, so I know what I am looking for

Ha!Ha!I'm sure he'll do them for you...make sure he does them at 600dpi, easy to print, if your know what I mean.;)

Other than asking for stuff what have you contributed?

My apologies to everyone for not contributing anything. I guess I am always on the lookout for something I don't have.
I like to come here and browse what other people have to say, and not really feel the need to add anything. I think a lot of people do the same.