The Official Trailer Thread

-Jones-

Michael24 said:
Huh? When they throw him down, you can clearly see Indy's bag strap over his shirt, so it's definitely Indy.

This is another scene, but the guy that is thrown out from the trunk is definitely Mac ;). Later, we have scene with Indy :).

oki9Sedo

Michael24 said:
Very true. And the thing with all the apparent booby-traps (the retracting steps) and all the natives does seem like something that would make up a big finale. :D

I reckon they didn't show anything from the big finale in this trailer. It'll involve the Crystal Skull's power being revealed most likely.

Michael24

-Jones- said:
This is another scene, but the guy that is thrown out from the trunk is definitely Mac ;). Later, we have scene with Indy :).

Oh, I think I see what you're saying. The shot just before the overhead angle of Indy being thrown down? Where you see two guys pulling someone out of the truck and it's kind of a tight shot?

-Jones-

Michael24 said:
Oh, I think I see what you're saying. The shot just before the overhead angle of Indy being thrown down? Where you see two guys pulling someone out of the truck and it's kind of a tight shot?

Correct, mate ;).

oki9Sedo

herr gruber said:
Well, I think it's 99% certain that the warehouse scenes take place after the South American scenes! Once Indy is out on a adventure, he doesn't really have time to change into cleaner clothes, does he? As we have seen, the Jungle/temple scenes have Indy in clean looking attire...

He looks clean in the whole trailer.

Blue Jay

why was the guy from one of the last scenes with the rocket sled hanging in midair before indy pushed him through the window?

Looks cool, but it looks like as if the guy was floating in the air....

-Jones-

Blue Jay said:
why was the guy from one of the last scenes with the rocket sled hanging in midair before indy pushed him through the window?

He's holding a rope in his right hand...

Jedinizar

Blue Jay said:

Looks cool, but it looks like the guy was hovering in the air....

Maybe some magnet field.. Did u see the scene with the glasses?

Michael24

Blue Jay said:

I mentioned that earlier, that there was something awkward-looking about the way he was hanging. I was thinking maybe something effects-wise is missing that will be present in the finished film, as I've seen similar stuff happen before from trailer to film.

I had also noticed something interesting in the close-up shot of Spalko, just before the "magnetic Roswell panel." There appears to be a tiny little eletrical discharge right near her collar. I thought maybe it was her glasses getting pulling out of a pocket, but watching it slowly, that doesn't appear to be the case. Anybody else notice that?

Blue Jay

Shortround2008 said:
I just don't want the focus of the film to be his comedic struggle with getting old. Three of the clips from the trailer deal with that. The whip miss, the capture, and the part time teaching line.

http://fusedfilmblog.com/

Can u please stop linking to that site on every new page you post, i already read it the first time and thought it was the greatest BS.

drwynn

Blue Jay said:
Can u please stop linking to that site on every new page you post, i already read it the first time and thought it was the greatest BS.

No, he/she can't. It's obvious they're here just to plug what is either their website or a friend's website (the blog site).

They've got 16 posts to their name...and it seems like each time they write something...it has to do with how upset they are at seeing Indy being "old", not wanting any comedy to arise from this topic, and how much they're dreading the new film...which is exactly what that website says. I've already asked them to stop with the cheap "plugs"...but, alas, to no avail.

He/she joined up, conviently, on the same day that the blog they keep pluggin' was written...and, this was their first post;

"I went to this site and they have a good theory on the ending of the movie and they have the trailer in Hd!!!!!!!!!!
http://fusedfilmblog.com/"

...and it seems like almost every post they've written since then has been harping on the SAME damn thing, and plugging that biased blog.

Last edited:

Shortround2008

I posted that site because it has a picture of the skull and it has the trailer. Most sites either have the skull or the trailer and not both. Also no has really addressed my old/comedy concerns everyone says that it wont be that way and I should just "drink the Kool-aid". Well I have been a fan a Long time. Most of the kids in here have been watching the dvds and think they are fans. I saw all of theses movies in a theater not online, cable or rented from blockbuster. I care greatly about this Movie and series. It cracks me up when people who think they are fans, defend something that is not on first appearance sake as good as what came before. I see alot of; I trust them, they wouldn't do a bad movie, they aren't doing it for the money, they say this one is for the fans. That is all hog wash!!! So I will still post what ever I feel like. I think about 90% of what I read here is B.S. That of course is everyones right to do so. So there

Last edited:

clorrificus

Michael24 said:
I mentioned that earlier, that there was something awkward-looking about the way he was hanging. I was thinking maybe something effects-wise is missing that will be present in the finished film, as I've seen similar stuff happen before from trailer to film.

I had also noticed something interesting in the close-up shot of Spalko, just before the "magnetic Roswell panel." There appears to be a tiny little eletrical discharge right near her collar. I thought maybe it was her glasses getting pulling out of a pocket, but watching it slowly, that doesn't appear to be the case. Anybody else notice that?

i think it's a camera flash. also you can see indy in the shot as well.
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w222/clorrificus/flash.jpg

God'sRadio

The shot right at the end (before the titles) of Indy, Mutt and Marion ducking - that must be the reverse angle on the earlier shot of the RPG and the tree-cutter explosion

Also, in the scene where Indy's swing doesn't connect with the jeep, in the background is the army car following - the one which very shortly later in the trailer crashes head on into the jeep (different direction in other words.)

The shot in the trailer where the Russkie throws a chain or something at Indy while he is sitting on the grille of the rocket sled in sequence will come after the shot in the trailer where Indy swings on a different chain and knocks the Russkie through the control room window. Indy presumably swings back, lands on the sled, and the Russkie clambers back out of the control room.

And I think this is the waterfall location: Iguasu in Brazil (check it against the trailer - the top part is shown tight in the trailer)

8752657_5a765d0a51.jpg

Last edited: