Profiles in History auction

stage274

on dec 14 the actual 1937 Mercedes nazi military staff car from raiders of the lost ark will be auction off , the auction house in located in California, the name of the auction house is called profiles in history and there will be a live auction on ebay that day also, to request a catalog go to the web site www.profilesinhistory.com
this auction comming up will have quite a few Indiana jones memorabilia, and props, used in the movie so get your catalog, this auction coming up will be a real treat for Indiana Jones fans , but most of all the collectors will have an opportunity to own the actual 1937 Mercedes nazi military staff car.
so dont miss this auction coming up.
ps the car is currently at the Peterson museum on display.
Thanks

vf wing

He was in transportation and engineering, and drove a truck onto Omaha Beach the day after D-Day. He didn't have to go in on the first day, thank goodness, or I might not be here today myself! He actually claims to have never seen any real action, save one close call. Most of his time he spent building bridges.

As they took command of previously German-held territory, he was ordered to dispose of enemy equipment. While we were watching The Longest Day he spotted one of those old roadsters and told me how him and his buddies pushed several of those cars over a cliff just to get rid of 'em. Sans passengers, of course!

mfisher

probably the same one they have been trying to sell on ebay over an over to no avail... in the auction description they claimed one of Belloq's cigarette stubs was still in the ashtray.... kinda cool...

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Last weekend it looks like they auctioned Ford's Raiders script, since it's no longer listed. Raveners have acquired item from them in the past.

They still have:
The Grail Knight's sword
Donovan's ornate chalice
The Holy Grail

31893.jpg

Can't find anything about it other than this article...did YOU buy it?

Indiana Jones's Rolls Royce could be a great investment at Barons' auction
Also featured in films Atonement and Gosford Park, this classic 20/25 is up for sale in the UK

400x250.jpg

Baron's auctioneers will play host to a very special sale of classic cars dating from the 1930s to today, later this month (July 27).

http://www.paulfrasercollectibles.com/section.asp?catid=26&docid=3818

Stoo

Indiana Jones's Rolls Royce
So it's NOT a '34 Chevy! I thought the grille looked a little off: What Kind Of Car Does Indy Drive???

It looks nice with the white-walls. The auction is over but I definitely would've given it a new colour paintjob (could I have afforded it). Never watched "Atonement" or "Gosford Park" but will keep an eye out for the car if I ever get around to seeing them. Thanks for the info, Rocket Man!:hat:

Hollywood Treasure is a weekly reality series (on SyFy), that delves into the intricate world of showbiz and pop culture memorabilia collecting, including science fiction and fantasy props and costumes. The series follows Joe Maddalena, owner of Profiles in History and the world's largest auctioneer of original movie, television and pop culture collectibles.

'Profiles in History' sale on 17th and 18th December will include Harrison Ford's heavily annotated 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' script.

658. Harrison Ford heavily-annotated complete shooting script for Raiders of the Lost Ark. (Paramount Pictures, 1981) Original
cloth-board bound complete revised fifth-draft script for Raiders of the Lost Ark. This incredible piece was used by Harrison Ford throughout
filming, complete with color revision and daily hand-typed dialogue pages (showing folds and wear from carrying in Ford’s pocket). The majority
of pages are individually rubber stamped “ROLA 103020” for security control purposes. Contains 145 pages, of which 112 sides have handannotations
(over 1,300 words) penned by Ford in his distinctive block capital style of writing. Notes range from single words to complete
pages of writing and cover all aspects of the film making process, ranging from dialogue alterations and questions about the plot to suggestions
and perspectives used to create the iconic character of “Indiana Jones”. Of specific interest are:
- Ford’s concern about avoiding references to “Han Solo”-like behavior.
- A list of hat related superstitions.
- The dialogue for the famous line: “there’s a big snake back here”.
- Notes asking, “what exactly is a headpiece to a staff of ra?”
- Direction suggestions on a number of scenes (Hawaii plane sequence, Tanis dig, etc.)
- Thoughts about the depiction of drunken behavior (a side of the character that was eventually removed from the film).
- Suggestions for background reading books (such as Temple of Solomon).
The script remains in fine condition, with light wear and stains to covers, exhibiting normal signs of daily, on-set use. Arguably the greatest
script in modern cinema, forging the character of “Indiana Jones” which would become one of the greatest icons in film history. In 2010,
Indy stands as #2 on Time Magazine’s greatest fictional character of all time—surpassed only by “Sherlock Holmes”. Interested bidders are
strongly encouraged to visit our website: www.profilesinhistory.com for additional images. $50,000 – $70,000
The show has had some interesting items, including a peek at the current home of The Great Law Giver. It gets pretty tiresome to listen to Joe Maddalena's Tourettes, and at times he sounds like your father who has no grasp of, (or care for) the proper title of some things. The "experts" they employ to validate items are sometimes laughable and give interesting insight into what passes for provenance. While listening to him incessantly repeat how much he wants to make other people happy, they never get into their own percentage of the profits. A stark contrast to serving the wishes of the owners is Maddalena's Faustian pursuit of that percentage.

Raiders of the Lost Ark stop-motion ark lid (Paramount, 1981) Marcus Brody stated, “The Bible speaks of the Ark leveling mountains and laying wasted to entire regions. An army which carries the Ark before it is invincible.” This miniature lid of the Ark of the Covenant was animated by Phil Tippet making it lift into the heavens as it vanquished the Nazis on the island, before it dropped back down safely covering the Ark. Made of cast resin with only a few areas covered with its original gleaming gold tape. One of the most iconic artifacts of Indiana Jones lore. Measures 4 ½ in. x 3 in. x 1 ½ in

Raiders of the Lost Ark stop-motion ark lid
Lot #1193
Estimated Value: $25,000 - $35,000

44214.jpg

Last edited:

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
'Profiles in History' sale on 17th and 18th December will include Harrison Ford's heavily annotated 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' script.

Still hoping this will eventually be scanned in full, so we can all get a glimpse of Harrison's thoughts.

So let's hope it goes to a philanthropist Indy fan.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Indy stands as #2 on Time Magazine’s greatest fictional character of all time—surpassed only by “Sherlock Holmes”.
This is a wayward Wikipedia factoid, I've found no such list or list with similar results.

Glad you bookmarked the script's pages in May Rocket Surgeon, the new links are lower res.

Moedred said:
This is a wayward Wikipedia factoid, I've found no such list or list with similar results.
People will say what you want to hear when they want to sell you something!

Is it reasonable to think stage274 is someone from Profiles in History...?

Moedred said:
Glad you bookmarked the script's pages in May Rocket Surgeon, the new links are lower res.
When you see something like that it's smash and grab! I'm pretty psyched to have snagged them! A look at the 5th draft AND Harrison's own notes. Cheers! Can't remember where I posted them, now that I think of it!

Montana Smith said:
Still hoping this will eventually be scanned in full, so we can all get a glimpse of Harrison's thoughts. So let's hope it goes to a philanthropist Indy fan.
The odds on someone spending upwards to $70K and then distributing are astronomical, but I like that you've got hope!:p

...and that you're out of your mind you Hippy!

Last edited:

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
The odds on someone spending upwards to $70K and then distributing are astronomical, but I like that you've got hope!:p

I heard that!

Sharing the content won't harm it's value. The original will always be the original.

It's the difference between the collector of fine art who spends millions and then hides the art away in their private gallery; or those trhat spend millions and then lend them to galleries to share their passion.

See, that's me being occasionally not-cycnical. :p

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:

Rocket Surgeon said:
Ok, so I finally have it. How should I distribute it? Post one page at a time for commentary and adulation?

You really have a copy of Harry's annotated script?

No doubt with the assistance of The Invisible Hand.

Moedred will know what's best. But a single downloadable file would be handy. ;)

If it's real I'm all set to adulate. And if it's not I'm ready to comment! :p

Stoo

Rocket, is this an early April Fool's joke?:confused: One page at a time in it's own thread!(y)(y)