Profiles in History auction

Indy's brother

Rocket Surgeon said:
If I were single...

That's the first thought that crossed my mind when I saw the estimated price of the grail. I would totally jump on that one. If I had all the say-so with my finances.....

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Rocket Surgeon said:
Christie's in London will hold an auction on November 29 for entertainment memorabilia. Included are Indiana Jones' whip and the Holy Grail used in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

Indiana Jones' whip, donated by Steven Spielberg for a 2001 celebrity auction, will get up to $24,000, the Grail Diary $11,000 and the Grail is expected to get up to $5,628.

indiana_jones_and_the_last_crusade_1989_d5634749h.jpg
indiana_jones_d5634751h.jpg
indiana_jones_and_the_last_crusade_1989_d5634750h.jpg

If I were single...

...and with no children!!:D

Bonhams on Sunset Boulevard

Apparently they have another whip on for Sunday, Nov. 18.

Here are some other items...

ijcross.jpg

ijcircus.jpg

ijVenice.jpg

Last edited:
Rocket Surgeon said:
Christie's in London will hold an auction on November 29 for entertainment memorabilia. Included are Indiana Jones' whip and the Holy Grail used in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

image-3-for-film-sale-at-christies-gallery-389799674.jpg

Rocket Surgeon said:

The hand-made 12-plait kangaroo-hide bullwhip produced for one of the Indiana Jones movies was also estimated at 10,000 pounds to 15,000 pounds. It sold for 20,000 pounds ($32,000) to an Internet buyer.

It was one of more than 30 props produced by whipmaker David Morgan and featured in the “Temple of Doom” film in 1984. The whip was first donated by Steven Spielberg to a Unicef charity auction in 2001, when it was sold for 68,000 pounds, Christie’s said.

“Indiana Jones is a timeless classic,” said Tim Lawes, general manager of the dealership, The Prop Store of London. “That was the cheapest whip with a provenance I’ve seen, though. They have made $40,000 to $50,000 before.”

Lawes paid 18,750 pounds for the ‘Grail Diary’ prop from the 1989 movie “Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.”

Lawes said film memorabilia was now attracting alternative investors, particularly for Bond, Star Wars, Indiana Jones and Spielberg films.

A prop chalice made for “Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade” sold for 11,875 pounds, more than a 3,500-pound estimate.

Goodeknight

Rocket Surgeon said:
Lawes said film memorabilia was now attracting alternative investors, particularly for Bond, Star Wars, Indiana Jones and Spielberg films.

"But, honey, it's an investment!"

Profiles In History

6961551.bin

The Grail Tablet from the film ?Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade? on display at Profiles In History in Calabasas, northwest of downtown Los Angeles, on July 19, 2012 in California, ahead of a public auction which begins on July 28.The tablet from the 1989 film, which measures approximately 19.5 inches long, is estimated between USD $20,000 - $30,000.

goodeknight said:
"But, honey, it's an investment!"
:D

Profiles in History

The auction, known as Drama, Action, Romance: The Hollywood Auction, will take place on December 15 in California.
Indiana Jones fanatics can purchase the gun used by Harrison Ford in Raiders of The Lost Ark for 50,000 pounds.

The six-shot revolver is an original film-modified Smith & Wesson Hand Ejector Mk II and was used through the majority of filming in Tunisia.

Ford used the weapon in the shoot-out at the Raven bar - one of the most memorable scenes in the movie.

It is one of only two pistols that exist today that were used by Ford in the production of the film.

article-0-16711350000005DC-435_634x398.jpg

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
From the mailbag:
The Wings Over The Rockies Air & Space Museum where Star Wars Celebration I was held currently has a silent auction online. Harrison Ford has been pretty supportive of the museum, and the auction features 3 Raiders items signed by him: A poster, a Blu Ray Set, and a book (items 230-232). The prices are currently $35-$175.
1355778999_230.jpg

1355779240_231.jpg

1355779475_232.jpg

And in the live auction:
Meet famous actor and pilot Harrison Ford at his personal hangar in Santa Monica, California for a tour of his unique aircraft collection and lunch. Round-trip air transportation for two from Denver to Los Angeles at a mutually convenient date in 2013. Join Harrison for a local flight in one of his aircraft to see LA and California beaches. Depending on weather, aircraft availability and timing, enjoy lunch with Harrison at his hangar or “fly out” to a lunch location. The top box office actor in history is an outstanding pilot who will share his passion with two fortunate winners of this once-in-a-lifetime experience.

Profiles in History

PROP NAZI AMMO CASE FROM RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK - (Paramount, 1981) This is one of the ammo case props, stenciled with the Nazi spread-winged eagle, which are seen in several scenes around the secret submarine base at the end of the film. Also visible as the Nazi procession carries the Ark through the canyon and in the background when the Ark is finally opened. Comes with a letter of authenticity from Richard Edlund (A.S.C), the Oscar winning visual effects genuis who worked on this film. Measures 43 in. x 12 in. x 9 in.

http://media.liveauctiongroup.net/i/13173/13362767_1.jpg?v=8CF3A2E27D55BD0

SOLD
1,800.00USD+ (414.00) buyer's premium + taxes, fees, etc...

This item SOLD at 2012 Jul 28 @ 15:30UTC-7 : PDT/MST

Last edited by a moderator:
The pistol used by Harrison Ford in Raiders of the Lost Ark sold for $75,000 (£46,000). The six-shot revolver is an original film-modified Smith & Wesson Hand Ejector Mk II and was used through the majority of filming in Tunisia.

Rocket Surgeon said:
Indiana Jones fanatics can purchase the gun used by Harrison Ford in Raiders of The Lost Ark for 50,000 pounds.

article-0-16711350000005DC-435_634x398.jpg

indyclone25

profiles in history new upcoming auction....

the new profiles in history auction (as seen on the syfy channel) is auctioning off Indiana Jones hat that he wore on the ship in the beginning of last crusade, it was used when the hat got wet and a stunt double saved the hat from the water tank , the hat is in a much more flatter mode , but can be reshaped back into the hero mode , (that was stated by the catalog). they also have have Indiana Jones bullwhip from temple of doom. both start out at 10,000 dollars to 15,000 dollars.
they also have frank darabont's young Indiana Jones chronicles crew jacket which starts at 400-600dollars and a khyber bowie knife ( i think that's the one that was sold in the 90's ) that was signed by george lucas to darabont each starts at 200-300 dollars , the auctions starts july 28th and 29th .

Last edited:

WilliamBoyd8

Movie prop auction, Maltese Falcon, Indiana Jones' Crusade whip

The New York Bonhams auction on November 25 sold some props from well-known films.

Included were one of the lead birds from the 1941 film "The Maltese Falcon",
a car from "Casablanca", and Indiana Jones' braided leather bullwhip from
"Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" which was sold for $8,000.

Details:
http://www.thehistoryblog.com/archives/28056

:)