Action Figures compatible with Hasbro's Indiana Jones?

tnswman

Yea, I bought the POTC figures and the THOR figures..the POTC figures are CRAP! But the thought of Indy going after THOR's hammer...HMMMMM! Too bad he couldn't lift it..or could he?

Those military figures are fantastic!

Montana Smith

For the ultimate cross-over, these guys are compatible:

hellboy-2-box-3.jpg

3_34_Hellboy_Set.jpg

51vk9CQiadL.jpg

Billy Ray

I picked up the Jack Sparrow figure from this line for my wife and it didn't look too bad. She hasn't opened it yet, so I can't give an informed review of it, but it looks a little better than the Zizzle figure to me.

Billy Ray

The upcoming Rebel Fleet Trooper figure from Hasbro's Star Wars line comes with a nifty looking ball cap that might be good for a custom Jock:

HS28620UP.jpg

Lance Quazar

Billy Ray said:
I picked up the Jack Sparrow figure from this line for my wife and it didn't look too bad. She hasn't opened it yet, so I can't give an informed review of it, but it looks a little better than the Zizzle figure to me.

I will admit the Sparrow figure's head sculpt/likeness is SLIGHTLY better - if only because the Zazzle sparrows had ZERO resemblance to Johnny Depp and the new one has about a 7-8% resemblance.

However, the rest of the figure really comes up short. Just cruddy detailing and crude sculpting.

The Zazzle figures had wonderful costumes with terrific detail. The new figures really pale in comparison.

Lance Quazar

Billy Ray said:
The upcoming Rebel Fleet Trooper figure from Hasbro's Star Wars line comes with a nifty looking ball cap that might be good for a custom Jock:

What the heck? Baseball cap? That makes no sense at all.

Crap, now I'll have to get a couple of these....

Billy Ray

Yeah, it's kind of weird, the ball cap really should have come with the Rebel Honor Guard figure as the Rebel Troopers didn't wear them, but I am all for any accessories they want to throw in there.

after seeing the new Captain America trailer, I cant wait to see what they have in store for the 3 3/4in line: Indy n Cap vs the Red Skull and his super-Nazis!

Lance Quazar

Billy Ray said:

Other than one(?) Cap figure, there is nothing in those galleries that actually comes from the movie. Just a bunch of generic Cap figures and accessories - you can barely make out that the card for the Crossbones figure says "Comic Series" on it.

Presumably, it was too early to show the actual movie tie-in merch for whatever reason. We can only hope that there will be some cool figures and vehicles that are actually from the film.

However, given how dreadful the Iron Man 2 line was (200 needlessly redundant variations on Iron Man with barely any other figures in sight - and HOW many months was it before we even got a drone? And STILL no Black Widow in sight a year later???), it would be wise not to get those hopes up too high....

WillKill4Food

Lance Quazar said:
Unfortunately, Zazzle, the company that made figures for the first three movies, is NOT making the new line.
Only the second two movies, actually (though given that the characters cross over... you can't really tell). And they did make one half-skeleton Jack, but that's all.

I didn't think the Zizzle characters were that great, honestly. I liked the detail, yeah, but they felt cheap. As inarticulate as the figures were (but I suppose pirates really aren't all that articulate), for Zizzle to call them "action" figures seems almost dishonest. They were almost like Papo figures.

Billy Ray

Lance Quazar said:
Other than one(?) Cap figure, there is nothing in those galleries that actually comes from the movie. Just a bunch of generic Cap figures and accessories - you can barely make out that the card for the Crossbones figure says "Comic Series" on it.

Presumably, it was too early to show the actual movie tie-in merch for whatever reason. We can only hope that there will be some cool figures and vehicles that are actually from the film.

However, given how dreadful the Iron Man 2 line was (200 needlessly redundant variations on Iron Man with barely any other figures in sight - and HOW many months was it before we even got a drone? And STILL no Black Widow in sight a year later???), it would be wise not to get those hopes up too high....

Yeah, I'm hoping there's more movie based stuff in the works as well.

Lance Quazar

featofstrength said:

It would be great if we got multiple versions of Red Skull (particularly since the figure doesn't match the still.)

Also revealed are the Hydra soldier figures (glimpsed in the trailer, as well), but they look very futuristic and (I'm sure deliberately) very out of place in the WW2 setting.

It remains to be seen if we get some cool period style vehicles. Even a motorcycle would be great.

Here's hoping we get some OFFICIAL pictures of this line asap!

Lance Quazar

Hmm.

I must amend my earlier stance on the new "Pirates" figures.

While I still think they are fairly crappy, I picked up the Penelope Cruz figure the other day (Angelica?) and she's a pretty decent figure.

Very nice headsculpt (at least a passing resemblance to the actress) and a few nice bits of removable clothing - including a hat.

There is definite custom potential here for the Indy line, though I'm not exactly sure what just yet.

Still, not too shabby. And she stands pretty much shoulder to shoulder with figures in the SW and Indy lines, so no major scale issues, near as I can tell from a cursory comparison.