Action Figures compatible with Hasbro's Indiana Jones?

lao che & sons

Does anyone know if the zizzle pirates of the crribean action figures are compatible with henry jones senior's body? I'm working on a custom lao che:eek:

Lance Quazar

lao che & sons said:
Does anyone know if the zizzle pirates of the crribean action figures are compatible with henry jones senior's body? I'm working on a custom lao che:eek:

What do you mean by "compatible"? Can you just stick on one of the heads on the Henry body without modification? Sadly, no.

You'll need to do some tampering, but it's not impossible. In fact, I think I might have seen that combination before to make Lao Che....perhaps on RS sometime during 2008.

Montana Smith

lao che & sons said:

Do you mean Sao Feng? Or is there another Chinese character in the line?

I bought Sao Feng as he reminded me of the pirates in the original Star Wars comics (the wacky original expanded universe). I never took the time to study his head/neck post - it would have been neat if it had been a simple head swap. I later picked up more of the Zizzle line secondhand, but I've never found a use for them as I wasn't really looking for memorabilia of the Pirates films. They're the sort of figures that look too good not to buy when you have the chance.

However, they could be repainted as ghostly pirates for an Indy scene. Indy meets John Carpenter's The Fog.

Montana Smith

Lance Quazar said:
This looks like it could be a good line with some good gear for Indy. I suspect the horses will absolutely dwarf the Indy horse.

I'm hoping the line will prove popular, and we'll see some more diorama pieces, maybe some smaller interlocking pieces that will build up to make rooms, or at worst, just some furniture. Anything would be a bonus.

Joosse

Montana Smith said:

I bought Sao Feng as he reminded me of the pirates in the original Star Wars comics (the wacky original expanded universe).

I remember the pirate captain from that wearing tights and having a big red beard... :confused:

Montana Smith

Joosse said:
I remember the pirate captain from that wearing tights and having a big red beard... :confused:

Haha! That sounds like Barbe Rouge in the Asterix comics, who'd rather scuttle his own ship than face the Gauls!

I only saw the first Pirates film, and thought it was all down hill after the great moment when Johnny Depp stepped off the mast of his sinking ship onto the pier.

The Sao Feng I have is bald with a drooping moustache, wearing long green robes.

Joosse

Barbe Rouge was probably the inspiration for this one. His name is Crimson Jack, and Han Solo refers to him as 'Redbeard' all the time...

crimsonjack.jpg

Montana Smith

Joosse said:
Barbe Rouge was probably the inspiration for this one. His name is Crimson Jack, and Han Solo refers to him as 'Redbeard' all the time...

crimsonjack.jpg

Ah, those Star Wars pirates. I was originally thinking of the other Star Wars pirates with ships on the water, all very retro. The water world of Drexel II.

Lance Quazar

Montana Smith said:

There's another Asian figure from the "Dead Man's Chest" line called "Tai Huang" who actually bears a not-terrible resemblance to Lao Che.

He'd make a pretty good head for a Lao custom, but, unfortunately, he comes with a hat glued onto his head.

Some of the other Zizzle figures make decent fodder for Indy-verse characters.

Montana Smith

Joosse said:
I know the ones you mean.

Don't they go there right after the encounter with Crimson Jack?

I think the stories interlink, if I remember correctly. They were some wacky ideas back then, but I have fond memories of them - evemn Jax Jaxxon the giant green bunny rabbit!

Going back on topic, I recently bought a Harry Potter Gryffindor Common Room as Indy scenery. It was a bit disappointing, nowhere near as good as the Great Hall. The floor is made of cardboard and mine was warped. One day I'll probably plank it with real wood, which will conveniently slide under the raised fireplace. On the plis side, it did come with four straight back chairs, two tables, a sofa and two piles of books, all in perfect Hasbro Indy scale.

Montana Smith

Lance Quazar said:
There's another Asian figure from the "Dead Man's Chest" line called "Tai Huang" who actually bears a not-terrible resemblance to Lao Che.

He'd make a pretty good head for a Lao custom, but, unfortunately, he comes with a hat glued onto his head.

Thanks, Lance. Here's reviews of the four series of these figures on the OAFE site:

http://www.oafe.net/rustin/potc_zizs1.php

http://www.oafe.net/rustin/potc_zizs2.php

http://www.oafe.net/rustin/potc_zizs3.php

http://www.oafe.net/rustin/potc_zizs4.php

No picture or review of Sao Feng there, though.

The review of Tai Huang says: "His hat is a separate piece but is glued on, though it seems like it could just as easily be removable, making the glue an odd choice." So that sounds hopeful for customizing.

I have the coffin as perfect Indy fodder.

Last edited:

Joosse

Well, they would bring out a version of Elisabeth Swan without any pants, now wouldn't they... :(

lao che & sons

Lance Quazar said:

that's the one. I was just planing on getting anothiner henry senior, and a tai huang, taking the hand's off of henry and the head too, and painting his entire body flat black, and doing his shoes over in a glossy black, painting his boatie white and the buttons on his shirt white, changing the bowtie's shape with some sort of material that will harden, using the same material I would add on the hankerchief thing and his flower that's on his lapel. then cutting off the hat on tai haung and use something to build up the head, then working on the goatee to make it more subtle. Then poping the head onto henry's body and putting in tai's hands... and there you have lao che! sounds a lot easier than it will be:(

LANCE, on what thread in rebelscum did you see the custom lao?

Joosse

I thought about doing a headswap with a Henry senior and the hatless Indy to get myself an Indy in professor gear, but thought better of it... :)

Montana Smith

lao che & sons said:
I was just planing on getting anothiner henry senior, and a tai huang, taking the hand's off of henry and the head too, and painting his entire body flat black, and doing his shoes over in a glossy black, painting his boatie white and the buttons on his shirt white, changing the bowtie's shape with some sort of material that will harden, using the same material I would add on the hankerchief thing and his flower that's on his lapel. then cutting off the hat on tai haung and use something to build up the head, then working on the goatee to make it more subtle. Then poping the head onto henry's body and putting in tai's hands... and there you have lao che! sounds a lot easier than it will be:(

It sounds very industrious Lao Che! Part of the job will probably be a tiny bit easier, as it seems that Tai Huang's hat is just glued over a complete head.

lao che & sons

Montana Smith said:
It sounds very industrious Lao Che! Part of the job will probably be a tiny bit easier, as it seems that Tai Huang's hat is just glued over a complete head.

"thank god"
-henry jones sr.;)

Lance Quazar

lao che & sons said:
LANCE, on what thread in rebelscum did you see the custom lao?

I'm afraid I don't remember, it's been a while. Couldn't find the thread with a search.

It was one of the primo Indy customizers from 2008-09. There were a handful of guys cranking out a bunch of Indy figures when the line was still new.

lao che & sons

Lance Quazar said:
I'm afraid I don't remember, it's been a while. Couldn't find the thread with a search.

It was one of the primo Indy customizers from 2008-09. There were a handful of guys cranking out a bunch of Indy figures when the line was still new.

but it was in the creative:customizing thread was it not? Just don't want to start a wild goose chase:rolleyes: