Action Figures compatible with Hasbro's Indiana Jones?

Lance Quazar

Montana Smith said:
Going back on topic, I recently bought a Harry Potter Gryffindor Common Room as Indy scenery. It was a bit disappointing, nowhere near as good as the Great Hall. The floor is made of cardboard and mine was warped. One day I'll probably plank it with real wood, which will conveniently slide under the raised fireplace. On the plis side, it did come with four straight back chairs, two tables, a sofa and two piles of books, all in perfect Hasbro Indy scale.

I really wish we could get those HP playsets in the US. The "common room", which was called the "room of requirement" during its initial release for the past film, looks especially cool. And, of course, the great hall looks sweet.

Sounds like the newest release has better accessories!

Any chance you could take some better pics, only found a few small ones on-line?

Montana Smith

Lance Quazar said:
I really wish we could get those HP playsets in the US. The "common room", which was called the "room of requirement" during its initial release for the past film, looks especially cool. And, of course, the great hall looks sweet.

Sounds like the newest release has better accessories!

Any chance you could take some better pics, only found a few small ones on-line?

There are two versions of the circular playset - the first one (Room of Requirement?) had viturally nothing in it, and a blue floor, whereas the Common Room has the furniture. But bear in mind that the floors are cardboard, and seem prone to warping. I'm only using the furniture and books, and have boxed the room itself back up, and shoved it in the attic pending inspiration to plank the floor.

GryffindorCommonRoom.jpg

The Great Hall:

DSCN3558.jpg

DSCN3669.jpg

Last edited:

Lance Quazar

Montana Smith said:
There are two versions of the circular playset - the first one (Room of Requirement?) had viturally nothing in it, and a blue floor, whereas the Common Room has the furniture. But bear in mind that the floors are cardboard, and seem prone to warping. I'm only using the furniture and books, and have boxed the room itself back up, and shoved it in the attic pending inspiration to plank the floor.

Thanks for the pictures!

I really dig that HP stuff. The common room looks terrific. It would be great (with a little painting, I think) to make a private chamber inside a castle or a cathedral or the Vatican or any other cool Indy-esque location.

And I really dig the furniture and props!!!

Score another one for you lucky Brits!

Lance Quazar

Very cool, Montana!!! Thanks for the pictures.

As great a playset as it is, that Great Hall is just crying out for a repaint. That anemic, monochrome beige has got to go!

:)

Montana Smith

Lance Quazar said:
Very cool, Montana!!! Thanks for the pictures.

As great a playset as it is, that Great Hall is just crying out for a repaint. That anemic, monochrome beige has got to go!

:)

It's more of a tan sandstone colour :p (I know what you mean, but it's not as washed out as the flash makes it appear).

A repaint would be a big job, as I would paint the walls black then go over with drybrushes of increasingly lighter grey. That's what I've done with 28mm reisn scenery, but this is somewhat larger in scale. As it is, it makes for a contrast with the grey Armies of Middle Earth Helms Deep, light grey Akator and Uncle Milton trap scenery.

As an instant diorama location I really like the Great Hall, and wish there was more like it available.

Lance Quazar

You might not need to repaint the whole thing, just give it some weathering.

I have that Helm's Deep castle and I'm quite fond of it (though, truthfully, it's been languishing in the garage since the day I got it.)

Much better color scheme, though some additional detailing on it couldn't hurt!

But, the Great Hall is indeed great. I will be keeping my eye on those UK ebay auctions just in case one falls within my price range......though it's a long shot!

anyone found a good fridge for Crystal Skull Indy? Ive been looking for one, most in hobby stores and doll house furniture, but nothing that make or scale.

Montana Smith

featofstrength said:
anyone found a good fridge for Crystal Skull Indy? Ive been looking for one, most in hobby stores and doll house furniture, but nothing that make or scale.

I've thought of the fridge, but most doll house scales seem to be 1/12 or 1/24. Then there's the problem of finding a retro 1950s fridge. This could be a job for some sculpting genius to make one out of resin, and cast them up.

fenris

Can anybody here help me with finding a leather jacket for my 12" Hasbro Indy figure?

I got the whip-action model, so there's no jacket.

inky_skin

As we're talking about Lao, I thought I'd throw in my WIP...

laoche_head.jpg

It's a 21st Century Toys Japanese Infantry head with new hair, sideburns and facial hair.

Lance Quazar

WHOOOO!!!!!

Inky is BACK!

Amazing WIP, buddy! Can't WAIT to see the finished product!

I see you're using a Sirius Black body there. Great choice, good luck sculpting the tie and other details.

More please!

Lance Quazar

Hey, what do you guys think of this truck?

I think the features are generic enough that it has a kind of "timeless" quality that wouldn't look too out of place in the Indiana Jones 30s and 40s time frame.

Granted, I think it needs a major repaint.

While there are plenty of period accurate 1:18th scale trucks out there, those die cast items are not made to be treated as "toys" and can be extremely difficult to cram figures into.

This looks like a decent compromise.

Thoughts?

41F0bi7rOYL._SS500_.jpg

inky_skin

Lance Quazar said:

I think the features are generic enough that it has a kind of "timeless" quality that wouldn't look too out of place in the Indiana Jones 30s and 40s time frame.

While there are plenty of period accurate 1:18th scale trucks out there, those die cast items are not made to be treated as "toys" and can be extremely difficult to cram figures into.

Thoughts?

41F0bi7rOYL._SS500_.jpg

I think it'd look great repainted as a civilian truck in either a South American or perhaps Indian setting (and the latter offers great, but complex, deco possibilities). Don't think it would fit in a military context - unless perhaps as African militia.

BTW - wasn't planning on using Sirius as a base for Lao Che (was just using the neck post to play with the ball-jointing mod on the head and to hold things steady while painting) - but it's not a bad idea. I'm planning on adding a few things to this character in terms of details and accessories to enliven what is essentially quite a dull costume.

lao che & sons

inky_skin said:
As we're talking about Lao, I thought I'd throw in my WIP...

laoche_head.jpg

It's a 21st Century Toys Japanese Infantry head with new hair, sideburns and facial hair.

Great! Fantastic! Your best work yet! (y) (y) (y) I can't wait for this one!

does the head from that 21st century figure pop right on the neck you used or was there some customization involved:confused: and what neck did you use?

LANCE,
Thanks man, I searched rebelscum for hours one day and I couldn't find anything:( I really like that the RS one came out but I don't remmber the jacket being closed. It's really relieving to see some one take my idea and use it just like a, "this is what your custom may look like it you don't screw it up" type thing:D

Lance Quazar

inky_skin said:
I think it'd look great repainted as a civilian truck in either a South American or perhaps Indian setting (and the latter offers great, but complex, deco possibilities). Don't think it would fit in a military context - unless perhaps as African militia.

Definitely civilian, not military. I think it would fit very well in Africa or the Americas. Give it a nice dirty, rusty paint job first.

I saw this in a store today. It looks good, it's just a little bit small, but it should work well enough for most average sized, well-articulated figures.

However, the truck is right hand drive!!! How utterly ridiculous!!! What kind of morons would design and drive vehicles with such a cockeyed configuration!!

(If I do buy this, removing the steering wheel may be necessary to seat some figures anyway.)

BTW - wasn't planning on using Sirius as a base for Lao Che (was just using the neck post to play with the ball-jointing mod on the head and to hold things steady while painting) - but it's not a bad idea. I'm planning on adding a few things to this character in terms of details and accessories to enliven what is essentially quite a dull costume.

Dull?!?! Lao Che's costume is DULL?!?!

Black shirt, black tuxedo, white tie?? Lao Che is one of the most stylish, swanky characters in cinema history!!! Bite thy tongue!

Lance Quazar

lao che & sons said:
LANCE,
Thanks man, I searched rebelscum for hours one day and I couldn't find anything:( I really like that the RS one came out but I don't remmber the jacket being closed. It's really relieving to see some one take my idea and use it just like a, "this is what your custom may look like it you don't screw it up" type thing:D

I don't believe the jacket is closed in the movie. Flacksguy admitted he didn't have a great visual reference when making the figure (and expressed surprise by just how long the sideburns were when I posted a pic.) Chalk it up to that....

Get cracking, Lao Che & Sons! I want to see dueling Lao figures in the customs thread in the near future.....

Montana Smith

Lance Quazar said:

Thoughts?

That's a Schleich truck isn't it? It looks okay, but I'm not sure what scale this Schleich range is in. I haven't seen anything but the animals in person. Their stuff is normally of the hard rubbery kind of plastic, so repainting might need priming.

I like the look of their animal nursery:

Schleichanimalnursery.jpg

More details here:

http://www.growingtreetoys.com/product/schleich-animal-nursery-set

It could be kitted out as a bar or a store - maybe some jungle depoit. It's quite big at 19 3/4" x 21 1/4".

Last edited: