Action Figures compatible with Hasbro's Indiana Jones?

Lance Quazar

Montana Smith said:
That's a Schleich truck isn't it? It looks okay, but I'm not sure what scale this Schleich range is in. I haven't seen anything but the animals in person. Their stuff is normally of the hard rubbery kind of plastic, so repainting might need priming.

Yeah, it's Schleich. No, it ain't rubbery. As to scale, like I said, it looks just a teeeeeeensy bit small. But that probably makes it very, very close to 1:18 scale, without any of the dramatic license that you sometimes get for other toy lines to accommodate figures. It'll definitely hold well-articulated, non-bulky Indy figures.

The nursery is very cool for some kind of outpost, depot, store, house whatever, but it's extremely expensive. Personally, I don't have the space, money or need for such a thing. But it is impressive.

Montana Smith

Lance Quazar said:
Yeah, it's Schleich. No, it ain't rubbery.

That's good to know, if one day I decide to splash out on the Animal Nursery...

Lance Quazar said:
The nursery is very cool for some kind of outpost, depot, store, house whatever, but it's extremely expensive. Personally, I don't have the space, money or need for such a thing. But it is impressive.

Space would definitely be a problem, as would the cost. It made me think of Satipo and Barranca's jungle outpost bar, Tequila Flats, at Machete Landing. It would be fun kitting it out inside.

Montana Smith

Just been looking at the Schleich range again. I'm confused as to actual scale of the figures as I've read 1/16 (making them around 4 1/2" tall), but on Ebay people are listing them as 9cm or 3 1/2", which would make them about 1/20.

There are other useful scenery items, such as a stone well (Knights range), camp fire (Frontier range), crates (Wildlife range).

In terms of quality, Papo are superior for animals. I have some of the 1/40 dinosaurs and some of the wild animals, which I think are around 1/20. They're really more like scale models than toys. Not cheap, though.

http://www.papo-france.com/Collection.asp?Nav=34&Fam=33

http://www.papo-france.com/Collection.asp?Nav=55&Fam=31

http://www.papo-france.com/Collection.asp?Nav=58

http://www.papo-france.com/Collection.asp?Nav=56

http://www.papo-france.com/Collection.asp?Nav=6

inky_skin

lao che & sons said:
Great! Fantastic! Your best work yet! (y) (y) (y) I can't wait for this one!

does the head from that 21st century figure pop right on the neck you used or was there some customization involved:confused: and what neck did you use?

The 21st Century head had a neckpost like the old Star Wars figs used to. I had to cut it away and Dremel the inside of the head to take a ball. The neckpost in the pic is from Sirius Black - but I wasn't planning on keeping it.

Lance Quazar said:
Dull?!?! Lao Che's costume is DULL?!?!

Ok, I'll admit it was stylish. But from a customisers PoV, a guy in a black suit is kinda dull. However - do we ever see his shoes in the movie / stills ? If not, I think I may add a little flourish to his footwear. I'm also planning on giving him some firepower.

C'mon Lance, I want to see this paintjob on your Schleich truck...

indian-truck-decoration.jpg

Lance Quazar

Montana Smith said:
Just been looking at the Schleich range again. I'm confused as to actual scale of the figures as I've read 1/16 (making them around 4 1/2" tall), but on Ebay people are listing them as 9cm or 3 1/2", which would make them about 1/20.

There are other useful scenery items, such as a stone well (Knights range), camp fire (Frontier range), crates (Wildlife range).

The Schleich figures themselves are small. I'd say 1:20 is a good bet and many websites advertise that as the scale. Smaller than Indy/SW figures for sure.

However, the truck really does look like it'd be a good fit for the Indy toys, even if it is probably just a smidge smaller than I'd like. If and when I do get the sucker, I'll be sure to give a full report.

Schleich makes some great stuff. The castle line in particular.

They make some great trees which are perfect for crafting some kind of Indy-esque dio/display....if not for the fact that the trees are around $30!!! Seriously, for a friggin' tree.

Montana Smith

Lance Quazar said:
Schleich makes some great stuff. The castle line in particular.

They make some great trees which are perfect for crafting some kind of Indy-esque dio/display....if not for the fact that the trees are around $30!!! Seriously, for a friggin' tree.

I have a Schleich oak tree that's quite impressive.

inky_skin said:
...I think I may add a little flourish to his footwear.

Lance Quazar said:
Flourish?

Roller blades? Manolo Blahniks? Slinky shoes??? The mind reels...

A pair of tall stilettos, Eddie Izzard style, would make him really menacing! :eek:

inky_skin

Lance Quazar said:
Flourish?

Roller blades? Manolo Blahniks? Slinky shoes??? The mind reels...

I prefer something like this -

Mayhembus.jpg
Actually, I was thinking of these...

J4564T4Fghdmq0xjmwPvEFUBo1_400.jpg

Lance - nice shot of the Muppets tour bus there (hence the obscure 'Electric Mayhem' reference I presume).

lao che & sons

Lance Quazar said:
Dull?!?! Lao Che's costume is DULL?!?!

Black shirt, black tuxedo, white tie?? Lao Che is one of the most stylish, swanky characters in cinema history!!! Bite thy tongue!

Everyone character was stylish in the shanghai ,1935 sequence. white tuxedo jacket, black vest and black tuxedo pants, plus that carnation. Don't even get me started on Chen with that scarf :)

Lance Quazar

Thanks for the link. Looks like some good custom material there (though I worry the figures will probably be bigger than the Indy line in scale.)

I'll be following this line with interest - hope to see the horse and playset soon!

p.s. the notion of Jake Gyllenhaal as a Persian still cracks me up.

Montana Smith

Lance Quazar said:
Thanks for the link. Looks like some good custom material there (though I worry the figures will probably be bigger than the Indy line in scale.)

Yes, they state 4", and Indy is the classic 3 3/4". At worst they'll provide fodder for some Pat Roach sized villains. At best they may end up being similar to the Army of Darkness Deadites, which were touted as 4", but scale very well with the Hasbros.

Lance Quazar said:
I'll be following this line with interest - hope to see the horse and playset soon!.

I'm really hoping they'll make some room dioramas - though I'll have to make room for some rooms in my room.

Lance Quazar

I just saw figures from the Percy Jackson 4" line.

I only saw two figures in that scale, the rest were in a larger scale.

The figures aren't in perfect scale to Hasbro's Indy/Star Wars lines. The height of the Percy figure was the same, but the proportions are larger. Percy's head, for instance, was friggin' huge.

The other figure was some kind of faun/satyr dude. Didn't really look like great compatibility or even custom fodder with those guys, but I wonder what else is in the line.

I am also curious if Zizzle will pick up the POTC line again when the recently-announced fourth movie is released. That was a pretty good line, even if articulation and likeness left a little to be desired. But I guess we have a couple years on that one.

Exulted Unicron

although its been said that the BBI, XD and such are a little big. I bought some XD DAK figures and they look great next to the Indy german troops and sat in the Cargo truck.

I'd also say, some GI Joe figures would go well with Indy. Such as General Hawk and the 91 TBC General Hawk mold would go well, since its got a very 40s WW2 look with the BDU pants, A-2 and general's peak cap.

86 Hawk
hawk2.jpg

02 General Tomahawk (uses 91 Gen Hawk mold)
generaltomahawk2.jpg

General Flagg
generalflagg.jpg

generalflagg3_large.jpg

Both General Flagg's do come with general's hats

With those figures, you can just imagine them giving Indy a mission during the 40s.

Errex

Very nice. The figures do look slightly too much XII century to really go with Indy, but the playset looks perfect.