Action Figures compatible with Hasbro's Indiana Jones?

Montana Smith

Errex said:
Very nice. The figures do look slightly too much XII century to really go with Indy, but the playset looks perfect.

The guys on the left look like they're wearing cricket pads!

The head would be okay to swap with an Indy Cairo thug, with the face painted a darker skin tone, as long as these figures aren't too big in comparison.

That gate does look interesting. I presume the holes are for lamps or torches.

Lance Quazar

The gate is looking awesome. Would love to good pics of the rest of the figures, but I fear they are a little bigger than Indy/SW.

Insomniac

Lance Quazar said:
The gate is looking awesome. Would love to good pics of the rest of the figures, but I fear they are a little bigger than Indy/SW.
They actually 4 inches instead of the regular 3.5 inches... right?

Exulted Unicron

All sites I've read about the PoP figures, horses and playset are gonna be 4" scale. rather than 3 3/4" scale. But I'm sure with some sanding, they could be reduced in size

Lance Quazar

High quality pics of the Prince of Persia figures....

http://www.spawn.com/news/news2.aspx?id=13673

I'm less than impressed with the offerings. They don't look like they'd be terribly useful for Indy figures or custom fodder, especially given the scale difference (4 inches instead of 3 3/4).

The horse, I fear, will also be too big to really work.

And, I'm sorry, but Jake Gyllenhaal just looks laughable in this role. The figures have TOO good a likeness. I cannot take this character seriously at all.

However, I still really love the Gate playset and will definitely grab one.

Montana Smith

Lance Quazar said:
High quality pics of the Prince of Persia figures....

http://www.spawn.com/news/news2.aspx?id=13673

I'm less than impressed with the offerings. They don't look like they'd be terribly useful for Indy figures or custom fodder, especially given the scale difference (4 inches instead of 3 3/4).

The horse, I fear, will also be too big to really work.

And, I'm sorry, but Jake Gyllenhaal just looks laughable in this role. The figures have TOO good a likeness. I cannot take this character seriously at all.

However, I still really love the Gate playset and will definitely grab one.

The gate now has foot pegs all over it which will need to be removed, along with all the play feature bits. It still looks very useful, though. It'sl be a shame if these really are closer to 4", as the horse looks good, and suitably Arabic, if the saddle, bridle, reins and stirrups could be repainted.

inky_skin

Lance Quazar said:
I just saw figures from the Percy Jackson 4" line.

I note with interest that they (http://www.jazwares.com/) are also producing a 3 3/4" A-Team line for the new film. Can we dare hope that they produce a "suited" Face (perfect for us Indy customisers) and some army fodder that'd double for Spalko's troops ?

Lance Quazar

inky_skin said:
I note with interest that they (http://www.jazwares.com/) are also producing a 3 3/4" A-Team line for the new film. Can we dare hope that they produce a "suited" Face (perfect for us Indy customisers) and some army fodder that'd double for Spalko's troops ?

A suited face would be great. I could also start working on my customs from "The Hangover."

Hope we get some pics of these figures soon!

Errex

Well, not exactly useful for customizations, but the clunky Iron Man Mk. I armor would fit surprisingly well in an IJ display.

11-03-10_1159.jpg

Montana Smith

Errex said:
Well, not exactly useful for customizations, but the clunky Iron Man Mk. I armor would fit surprisingly well in an IJ display.

11-03-10_1159.jpg

Errex, I had the same feeling about the Mark I armour - it looks really pulpy, and my favourite of the Hot Toys Iron Man figures.

Lance Quazar

Montana Smith said:
Errex, I had the same feeling about the Mark I armour - it looks really pulpy, and my favourite of the Hot Toys Iron Man figures.

Hot toys? It's from the new Hasbro line. Same scale as IJ, SW, Marvel Universe, etc.

Montana Smith

Lance Quazar said:
Hot toys? It's from the new Hasbro line. Same scale as IJ, SW, Marvel Universe, etc.

I like the Hot Toys 1/6 version, as he would stand with the Sideshow Indy. With all the welded plates he looks crude enough to be a pulp construction.

inky_skin

Errex said:

11-03-10_1159.jpg

Totally agree. So much so that I went out and snagged one this morning for customising purposes. It has a real steampunk aesthetic to it. I can just imagine this fitting into either and Indy or a Hellboy story. Some kind of experimental Nazi battle armour. Ever seen the illustrations Mike Mignola did of The Rocketeer fighting evil robots ? The Mark I armour is perfect...

Luke Sprywalker

Steampunk indeed. Here is what I did with another Iron Man, Steampunk Super Battle Droid. I wish I had seen this figure and used it for the base. I also think this fits in with Hellboy pretty good.

DSC_0003-16.jpg

DSC_0005-20.jpg

DSC_0006-19.jpg

this is the base figure

iron-man-first-app.jpg