Indy ebay auction UK

Indy Geek

Just curious, don't take me wrong... But, this is like a life long collection, it must took a long time to gather all those items. What make you take this decision? Not enough space? Getting old?Or you realise that this kind of thing is something that can´t never be finish or be satisfied?

I´m asking this cause I imagine if one day I reach this amount of items, it would happen the same to me....

Montana Smith

Indy Geek said:
Just curious, don't take me wrong... But, this is like a life long collection, it must took a long time to gather all those items. What make you take this decision? Not enough space? Getting old?Or you realise that this kind of thing is something that can´t never be finish or be satisfied?

I´m asking this cause I imagine if one day I reach this amount of items, it would happen the same to me....

Maybe Indycollector suffered the post-KOTCS traumatic stress disorder that hit some Indy fans.

Indy Geek

LOL! Maybe he became a non-believer! lol Yeah! I agree, that this last one was not as good as we hopped but We well have always the other 3 movies, as a landmark.

My theory is lack of storage or the age syndrome got him. The kind of things when you are younger, it all seems cool, then later on, it doesn't have the same attachment.

Montana Smith

Indy Geek said:
LOL! Maybe he became a non-believer! lol Yeah! I agree, that this last one was not as good as we hopped but We well have always the other 3 movies, as a landmark.

My theory is lack of storage or the age syndrome got him. The kind of things when you are younger, it all seems cool, then later on, it doesn't have the same attachment.

Yeah, I go up into the attic and wonder why the hell I bought all that stuff. So much stuff I don't want to see is hiding the stuff I do want to find. I'm slowly clearing things out, but nowhere near on the scale of the truck load that Indycollector's hoping to shift in one go.

Indy Geek

Therefore my curiosity responding this post. I bet it tooked a lot of effort on collecting this think and let them go this way (again none of my business, just plain curiosity).

All my Indy lot is a few Indy games (one of them is a floppy disk of Indy3), a Fedora (cheap one LOL), and a poster of Last Crusade.
I dreamed on having the Grail, Stones and the Tiny copy of the Ark (the 3 symbolic items from the 3 movies) and ok... The Diary (which I never going to have the patience to make one).

I know exactly your feeling about what you said of the things on your attic, and money is not one of my vast resources. Thing on the net are SO expensive....

I.M.J.

-EDIT-

Just checked out the website... there's a lot more there than what stands out on the auction listing!

Indycollector

Answers

Indy Geek said:

Hi to all Indy fans on here, didn't realise people had asked some questions about my auction so i'll answer them!!!

I made the decision to sell the items as they were just sat in an already overcrowded house, boxed up no one enjoying them.... also I am getting old....and also with all the Indy stuff getting released I haven't kept up the collection, so all your reasons are correct!!!

I'm still keeping my fedora though! :D

Indycollector

more answers

Indy Geek said:

I'm still a believer!! Get rid of the CGI for Indy V and i'll still buy a poster!

Indycollector

I.M.J. said:
-EDIT-

Just checked out the website... there's a lot more there than what stands out on the auction listing!

Working on getting photos up of all the items now, so you can see what's on offer....

Will post when they are up.... thanks to all for looking... and collecting!!!;)

Indy Geek

:eek: Dude...I´m mesmerized but the amount of stuff you have. How old are you? I´m 35, and you must be the same or older than me.I saying this judging by some items that you have, the Vinyl, the Amstrad tapes (oh nostalgia).
No wonder you claim that you have not space to store this....
When you started, did you planned to buy every thing related to Indy???
Those games, did you play it on every platform??
Amazing!!! Truly Amazing!

Indycollector

Indy Geek said:
:eek: Dude...I´m mesmerized but the amount of stuff you have. How old are you? I´m 35, and you must be the same or older than me.I saying this judging by some items that you have, the Vinyl, the Amstrad tapes (oh nostalgia).
No wonder you claim that you have not space to store this....
When you started, did you planned to buy every thing related to Indy???
Those games, did you play it on every platform??
Amazing!!! Truly Amazing!

Hi there, I'm 33, so same kind of collection, I started from an early age, I also used to collect Star Wars but chose Indy due to the amount of Star Wars items that came out. My Star Wars collection went a long time ago (no pun intended) and now it's time for Indy to go too. I've kept a few things like I said in a previous post, my hat is staying!!

Indy Geek

Just curious...What Fedora version you have? Raiders?
And another thing I realise...You don't have any prop replica?? I should be a must for a Indy fan? No Grail Diary, no Cross of Coronado...you know what I mean!

Why? Too expensive to get? I want to get, but too expensive to me. Unfortunately there aren't none of this thing here in Portugal, most of them I got to order from America.

Indycollector

I just bought a fedora that was an unofficial one but looked the part, I do have the gold fertility idol prop too, forgot about that!!! it's sat on my bookshelves!!!