Indiana Jones and the History Behind the Films

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
The cover looks like a photo from the Epic Stunt Spectacular at Disney's Hollywood Studios in Florida.

indyclone25

here's what amazon had to say:
Product Description
The book looks at the Indiana Jones film franchise from all angles giving great descriptions on plot summary, director Steven Spielberg, creator George Lucas, and Indy himself Harrison Ford. Inside, readers will find out what it was like to make the Indiana Jones movies and what is in store for the future of the franchise.

This book was created and put into distribution by a team of dedicated editors using open source and proprietary publishing tools. One of the advantages to the way we publish books is that our content is up to date and written by dedicated subject matter experts from all over the world. By adding a layer of screening and curatorial attention to this material, we are able to offer a book that is relevant, informative and unique.

walker

"Open source" essentially means a content source that can be edited by anyone willing to contribute. Think wikipedia. So I would not be surprised if this is essentially a collection of wikipedia articles (which have been contributed by "experts" from all over the world) that have been given an edit then fed into a print-on-demand service like Lightning Source. So essentially you're paying for a bunch of wikipedia-like articles (if not wikipedia articles outright).

I noticed a similar book now available on Amazon entitled Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings. I'd hoped it was a novelization of the videogame, but the product description reads as "High Quality Content by WIKIPEDIA articles! Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings is a historical fantasy video game published by LucasArts for the Wii, Nintendo DS, PlayStation 2, and PlayStation Portable. The game is the third in the series of original 3D Indiana Jones games, preceded by Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb, and Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine.he plot centers around Indy's search for the Staff of Moses." So, kind of lame.

Personally, I would avoid this stuff.

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
001-3_zpsf7c785db.jpg

002-2_zps30501d6a.jpg

003-2_zpsecb8f12e.jpg

004-3_zps777ee37c.jpg