Drew Struzan poster art at Heritage Auction

indytim

I think I might have to phone Switzerland and move some money around :hat:

https://fineart.ha.com/itm/mainstream-illustration/drew-struzan-american-b-1947-indiana-jones-and-the-last-crusade-poster-preliminary-1989mixed-media-on-paper21-x-14-in-sight-signed-lower-right/p/5347-27019.s

lf

Drew Struzan (American, b. 1947)
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, poster preliminary, 1989
Mixed media on paper
21 x 14 in. (sight)
Signed lower right

PROVENANCE:
Heritage Auctions, June 5, 2008, lot 66314;
Acquired by the present owner from the above.

Estimate: $3,000 - $5,000.

Condition Report*:

There is a heavy impact crease/tear at the bottom of the piece, and also some edge and corner wear (outside the image area); framed under acrylic to 33 x 25.5 inches.

*Heritage Auctions strives to provide as much information as possible but encourages in-person inspection by bidders. Statements regarding the condition of objects are only for general guidance and should not be relied upon as complete statements of fact, and do not constitute a representation, warranty or assumption of liability by Heritage. Please note that we do not de-frame lots estimated at $1,000 or less and may not be able to provide additional details for lots valued under $500. All lots are sold "AS IS" under the Terms & Conditions of Auction.

emtiem

Not sure that grail tablet matches the image of it from the film they're displaying it with.

Even less sure about the grail itself, to be honest. Here's one sold at Propstore earlier in the year which is from the film, and it's a different shape

The snake is interesting. So that's from the campfire scene with Willie? I always assumed that was a real snake.